OT New Cheer Update Rating System, So Clueless?! Help!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Pebbles49

Cheer Parent
Jan 27, 2014
I've been going through Cheer Update thread for the team competition, but I noticed they have a new rating system... Can anyone help me with these new initials like AB, BB, AF, etc... What do these initials mean and what are the possible deductions?

I've been going through Cheer Update thread for the team competition, but I noticed they have a new rating system... Can anyone help me with these new initials like AB, BB, AF, etc... What do these initials mean and what are the possible deductions?
There are definitions on his twitter. But, AB= athlete bobble aka touch down; BB= building bobble or stunt bobble; AF= athlete fall or tumbling bust; BF= building fall or stunt fall.

Are the deductions the same? Where can this new terminologies be found? You know, I had just learned the old system with value/ deductions and now they changed it... grrr!

Are the deductions the same? Where can this new terminologies be found? You know, I had just learned the old system with value/ deductions and now they changed it... grrr!

Well stunt bobbles are no longer a deduction. He still announces them because they affect execution scores.

When I see AF (Athlete Fall), all I can think of is an athlete tripping as they were walking somewhere (which we often see after they've nailed their tumbling pass)...

I'm still confused as to how AB (Athlete Bobble) = TD (Touchdown)... what if an athlete lands a pass but takes a few paces back for balance, does that count as a "bobble"?

When I see AF (Athlete Fall), all I can think of is an athlete tripping as they were walking somewhere (which we often see after they've nailed their tumbling pass)...

I'm still confused as to how AB (Athlete Bobble) = TD (Touchdown)... what if an athlete lands a pass but takes a few paces back for balance, does that count as a "bobble"?

Well one of my teams got a 1.25 point deduction for a girl tripping last weekend because when she stepped out of her stunt (both feet on the ground) and went to move, she fell over her backspot's feet [emoji854] so [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I don't think that would be a deduction, execution maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well one of my teams got a 1.25 point dedication for a girl tripping last weekend because when she stepped out of her stunt (both feet on the ground) and went to move, she fell over her backspot's feet [emoji854] so [emoji854]

Did she go to the ground? Or just trip and the catch her balance?

Back