OT New Cheer Update Rating System, So Clueless?! Help!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
CVeiZNjWwAAJG36.jpg

Did she go to the ground? Or just trip and the catch her balance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She hit knees on the ground and immediately popped back up. We didn't even see it happen when watching the routine because it was in the back of the opening and we were focused on watching tumbling. But the judges sure saw it [emoji854]

Well one of my teams got a 1.25 point deduction for a girl tripping last weekend because when she stepped out of her stunt (both feet on the ground) and went to move, she fell over her backspot's feet [emoji854] so [emoji854]

We've gotten a deduction for someone tripping in the past too... Walking to pyramid and she just tripped over her own feet. Was 1 pt in deduction last year. Honestly it may have been the same comp lol

Well one of my teams got a 1.25 point deduction for a girl tripping last weekend because when she stepped out of her stunt (both feet on the ground) and went to move, she fell over her backspot's feet [emoji854] so [emoji854]

So they gave you a major fall deduction after the stunt skill had already been dismounted? I would have fought that one. Hard. I mean, I wasn't there so maybe the judges thought it was really too close to the stunt being done to call it something else, but that is a tough one to take.

Also of note - the athlete fall deduction this year is specifically for falling while doing tumbling or jump skills, so luckily those kids who trip over their own feet while transitioning won't cause a deduction (although it may cause a slight drop in the routine composition or overall performance score, lol.)

So they gave you a major fall deduction after the stunt skill had already been dismounted? I would have fought that one. Hard. I mean, I wasn't there so maybe the judges thought it was really too close to the stunt being done to call it something else, but that is a tough one to take.

Also of note - the athlete fall deduction this year is specifically for falling while doing tumbling or jump skills, so luckily those kids who trip over their own feet while transitioning won't cause a deduction (although it may cause a slight drop in the routine composition or overall performance score, lol.)

We tried to fight it, but they didn't allow us to be in the room while they reviewed the video (they were in there for 30 minutes) and they came out to tell us their decision and told us they were not going to change it and we could not fight it.

Back