New Gym Near Tacoma Wa

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2016
Hello,
I am a mom of a 9yo girl. We are moving from NC to WA Tacoma area. I would love some reviews on the gyms in the area.

Thanks

I think most of the answers here will be for south elite since the majority of people in that area that are on the board go to SE. Natural Venom is in that area and has a consistently good program.
There are a couple REACT parents on here as well that can help as well.

React offers regular drop-in classes that are great for getting a feel for coaching style and the gym as a whole.

When are you moving? What type of gym are you interested in? There aren't any mega gyms here...the "large" gyms all have fewer that 150 athletes. There are also a handful of small programs...that I'm less familiar with. As a whole, the gyms in this area don't offer much in the way of levels for all age ranges, but every year they seem to add to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

React offers regular drop-in classes that are great for getting a feel for coaching style and the gym as a whole.

When are you moving? What type of gym are you interested in? There aren't any mega gyms here...the "large" gyms all have fewer that 150 athletes. There are also a handful of small programs...that I'm less familiar with. As a whole, the gyms in this area don't offer much in the way of levels for all age ranges, but every year they seem to add to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you. We will be either arriving april 10th or May 10th (its an Army move)
She has been in a small gym prior, so either will work. I just want her to go somewhere that she will progress. I met a lady from seattle whose daughter went to South Elite and I was told s it was much more expensive (compared to other gyms)and children did not progress.

I think that the larger gyms here are becoming closer in price/offerings/travel. Also, there are athletes who progress and have a good experience and others who do not at every gym. You'll find fiercely loyal parents, Susie's moms, and negative Nancys at every one of them. I suggest some visits to see what works best for you. :)

Definitely check out the open gyms or the drop
In classes.
IMO React has some of the best extra classes around and south offers some really good clinics year round with guest coaches.
*** are there any Celebrity parents on here?? I don't know much about that gym. But they are a new up and coming gym that might be worth checking into if you are looking for a smaller gym. I know I'm missing other smaller gyms in the area but I think south, natural venom and react would be my first stop.
I know there are a few parents in the Tacoma area driving to Connect in Bellevue but those are upper level athletes so I don't know if you are interested in that commute. That's got to be over an hour drive but a fantastic program so it is well worth the drive.

I was totally going to mention Celebrity. I'm not sure how many teams they have...maybe just a couple, but I've been impressed with them every single time I've seen them.

We're military as well and have personally been at South now going on 5 seasons. I agree with the other posters, you really need to go check out all the programs in the area to see what program fits best with your cp. As for progression, I have to say all of the programs are good, whether it's react, nv, South etc. As for costs, pretty much all of the programs have evened out price wise. I do know that fundraising is HUGE with South and React (I have personally not written a check to South for 3 seasons in a row- every dime is paid through fundraising and I know @amy1k fundraises for React) , but I know that each program has limitations on to what can be paid for using funds. Other programs do not offer fundraising. If you have any questions about South, feel free to pm me and I can answer to the best of my knowledge. I know cheerleaders at most programs around here, each program has their pros and cons, it just really depends on what works best for your child.

I was totally going to mention Celebrity. I'm not sure how many teams they have...maybe just a couple, but I've been impressed with them every single time I've seen them.
the ONLY problem I have is that those cameras follow them EVERYWHERE...... but very clean routines, quite impressed :)

the ONLY problem I have is that those cameras follow them EVERYWHERE...... but very clean routines, quite impressed :)

Their videos are fun, though! [emoji23] I do think they must be very strict. Like, the kids look incredibly uniform. They walk in tight lines. I assume it's a very regimented program, if that makes sense. I've never met a parent of athlete from there, though, so totally just basing that off my impression of them.

cameras follow them around? We are hoping to take some classes at each gym when we arrive mid april
One of their staff films their season.

They've done above and beyond what I think anyone expected of them this season. Definitely look into them.

Depending on how far you want to drive there is also Sonic Elite in Olympia. Their original gym is about 2 hours north. They've only been open for two year but have been has been very successful. For the upcoming season they are opening a new location just south of Tacoma. Just one more option to check out!

Back