New Here; Need Some Advices !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Hey everyone :)

I'm Corentine, cheercoach for a french cheer team. This year (as we started the gym new - we got separate from our club this summer), I only have a senior team. Cheerleaders are aged between 16 and 21, all still attending high school or college.

I'm having some trouble with this team. I took over the coaching in september as the last coach did leave or got kicked out by the team as she didn't acted the way she should.
I explain a little bit more what annoys me.
Former coach put no limit to the cheers. So this year they act like the years before and are not motivated AT ALL.
Training is more like fun time, they still think they are the best cheer in the area (even if I show them videos of teams that are way better...).
I have the feeling they don't take it seriously and don't want to work hard to get better...
For example when working on stunts they do it a couple of time and then "I hurt myself" or "No we cannot make it, our flyer won't make it up". They act like they are doing awesome with just some preps...

I tried a lot, but nothing seems to make it better, so I turn to you to have some advice.

Thanks a lot for your advices and help !!!!!

Corentine.

Back