All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get what you mean, but with the split of IASF from USASF, certain teams are subject to IASF rules and others USASF.... Which is what makes it all the more convoluted in the long run. The only way to really make sense of it, is to find out how IASF is actually splittong off and how that will change things for USASF etc.
Yes I am completely aware it’s just the point I am making is the age difference and toss abilities... that is all... you may be reading into it too much. But it’s okay since the rules were removed anyway:)

Yes I am completely aware it’s just the point I am making is the age difference and toss abilities... that is all... you may be reading into it too much. But it’s okay since the rules were removed anyway:)

I guess you're not aware of all the divisions the IASF is creating... Amongst regular levels and age groups (similar to USASF age/divisions/levels), Les said the point of the limitations was because International 1-4 is coming. So this leads me to ask: How is this going to affect, if at all, teams currently under USASF if they offer the same/similar levels, divisions etc.?

Adding "Worlds Level 4 Division" or "Restricted IO5/6" Or any "watered down" division is not the answer. Notice I said watered down, and not less competitive. Guaranteed these divisions would be competitive - as there are tons of gyms that would field very competitive teams in these divisions.

The problem here is, "The Cheerleading World Championships" should be the best of the best. It is the world championships.

Put these restricted/IO4/watered down/ Pre worlds divisions in an equally high stakes environment, same venue, same 'travel competition' called The Summit and reserve the World Championships for the highest, most advanced athletes in the sport (which is a fraction of what is currently being allowed to compete at worlds).

But this will never happen, because 1) gyms use "We field a Worlds Team" as a marketing ploy. 2) Bid competitions will give an exorbitant amount of bids away, maybe to some teams who aren't at a level to compete at worlds. 3) USASF/IASF doesn't care because that's money in their pocket. It comes back to many discussions had on the boards before suck as limiting bids/ athlete level registration/ etc.

I will be the first to admit that me personally as an athlete, at my peak performance, was not what I would personally define, a worlds-caliber athlete. Although I competed at worlds, and I could stunt at an above average level - my tumbling was a strong level 3, basic level 4, with a jump-tuck and the occasional full twist. By no means was I among the elites. Would I have still cheered if I wasn't on a "Worlds Team" - I would like to think so. Would I still Cheerleading if I could have been a maxed-out athlete in an IO4 division, and still compete at a "championship" such as the summit - absolutely.

TL,DR: Adding restricted divisions, or introductory divisions to the world championships is not the answer to this problem.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t feel like summit is an appropriate competition for a division that is 17 and up. O4 teams are older that 05 teams, they have to follow the level 6 age rubric afaik.

It doesn’t matter to me either way if it becomes a word division, I’m on an O4 but even if we could go to worlds I couldn’t, I can’t take that kind of time off from work/school/coaching. But in my mind if the options are “water down IASF level 5 and 6 or adding a level 4 division” then I would much prefer adding another level.
TBH I think you could even make open 4 have a few different rules and it would be a good worlds division. If open 4 was like a 4.5 (let’s say r5 pyramid, 3 trick baskets allowed as long as they only spin once, level 4 stunts, and coeds on the score sheet) I don’t think it would stand out as a lower level - it would basically be a level 5 division with restricted tumbling.

Keep in mind, level 4 stunts now are level 6 stunts from 4 years ago minus the double down. My O4 stunt in 2013 would have been a high scoring level 6 stunt and all of it was level 5 in 2015 and not legal for level 4.

Last edited:
If ICU is what’s going to be the Olympic version of Cheer can we remove the actual Cheer part from it? Pretty pretty please?
I think the Cheer part is a part of why our sport doesn’t get taken seriously. As long as it’s a part of the routine we look like an activity that exists only to support actual athletes in a lot of people’s minds.

If ICU is what’s going to be the Olympic version of Cheer can we remove the actual Cheer part from it? Pretty pretty please?
I think the Cheer part is a part of why our sport doesn’t get taken seriously. As long as it’s a part of the routine we look like an activity that exists only to support actual athletes in a lot of people’s minds.

I think that was the exact argument they used to get FIG to start to support the acceptance of ICU into the IOC. FIG was strongly against ICU for a long time because of the similarities to sports that FIG controls (for example, acro). I think the cheer is going to stick around for a while...

I think that was the exact argument they used to get FIG to start to support the acceptance of ICU into the IOC. FIG was strongly against ICU for a long time because of the similarities to sports that FIG controls (for example, acro). I think the cheer is going to stick around for a while...

Yes, the cheer/chant is the only thing we have to stand out. Most of the world does ICU style cheer with or without the cheer. Sweden this year is switching from cheer in the routines to chants before like at ICU. I don't see it going away if we make the olympics, or otherwise. It's the backbone of our sport, even though the US has strayed far away from it in allstar.

Yes, the cheer/chant is the only thing we have to stand out. Most of the world does ICU style cheer with or without the cheer. Sweden this year is switching from cheer in the routines to chants before like at ICU. I don't see it going away if we make the olympics, or otherwise. It's the backbone of our sport, even though the US has strayed far away from it in allstar.
Interesting, do Sweden's rules require the cheer be in the middle of the routine? In the US (eg. ICU) and Germany it can be wherever you want in the routine...most just do it at the beginning for simplicity's sake.

They just changed it all back. From Facebook:

Les Stella shared a link to the group: IASF.
5 mins ·
We appreciate the feedback we have received from governing bodies, coaches and athletes regarding the IASF scoring system release. The primary objective of the release was to provide a framework for the newly created IASF International divisions 1-4. To address the general concerns for all levels including 5 and 6, certain adjustments have been made and are highlighted in red in the link below.

For a high-level summary:
- Twisting in tosses will be allowed by level as stated in the rules.

- In levels 5 and 6 tumbling will not be affected.

- In the new IASF levels 1-4, individual tumbling passes will be allowed, but will not be considered in the scoring process, except as part of the overall appeal of the routine.

- Link to the revised IASF Scoring System:

www.iasfworlds.com
IASFWORLDS.COM

What.

Kind.

Of.

Organization.

Makes.

Rules.

For.

No.

Reason.

Then.

Says.

Just.

Kidding?

So crazy!

If you asked those involved you wouldn't be looking like a three ring circus right now.

haha I was afraid to post this but then you said it so thanks for saying it for me!!

I guess you're not aware of all the divisions the IASF is creating... Amongst regular levels and age groups (similar to USASF age/divisions/levels), Les said the point of the limitations was because International 1-4 is coming. So this leads me to ask: How is this going to affect, if at all, teams currently under USASF if they offer the same/similar levels, divisions etc.?

I noticed WSF has the following International 1-4 teams as "provisional":

Cheer Extreme-
L3 International Sr. Coed
L4 International Jr. Coed

Cheer Fusion Allstars-
L3 International Jr.
L4 International Sr. Coed

Triple Crown Cheer Co-L3 International Jr.

Reign Athletics-L2 International Jr.

Triple Crown Cheer Co.-L2 International Jr.

I noticed WSF has the following International 1-4 teams as "provisional":

Cheer Extreme-
L3 International Sr. Coed
L4 International Jr. Coed

Cheer Fusion Allstars-
L3 International Jr.
L4 International Sr. Coed

Triple Crown Cheer Co-L3 International Jr.

Reign Athletics-L2 International Jr.

Triple Crown Cheer Co.-L2 International Jr.
It's cool to see US teams entering these divisions, though I am guessing at least most of them will be going for the Summit bids being offered. 6 teams going for 4 bids is pretty good odds. I don't think it will be too long before the USASF starts to follow the IASF age grid/divisions. That is pretty similar to what they were going for when they released the age grid earlier, then reversed it. Just one more step to everything being unified worldwide, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

What.

Kind.

Of.

Organization.

Makes.

Rules.

For.

No.

Reason.

Then.

Says.

Just.

Kidding?

So crazy!

If you asked those involved you wouldn't be looking like a three ring circus right now.
I wish cheer would issue a draft of any proposed rules and allow gym owners/EPs/athletes/parents to comment, review their comments, and then revise/issue new rules after all that. And maybe not after the season has already started. But that makes sense and it's the USASF so...

I’m trying really hard to be nice. I’m feeling like you’re having a one sided conversation here. I was just making a simple point of age differences. There was nothing more to look into. Nothing more to think about. Just the point! Are you done trying to explain to me the rules i am well aware of? Lol. I’m trying to tell you you’re reading too much into this and you read more and more each time. :chillpill:

Back