All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am very thankful they listened and changed everything back.

Playing devil's advocate for a second, the problem with asking first is that you are never going to make everyone happy. For example, about half the people I know are in favor of raising the Senior age for all levels to 13 and above. The other half I know are adamantly against it. With many issues, they will receive backlash regardless of which direction they attempt to move.

I’m trying really hard to be nice. I’m feeling like you’re having a one sided conversation here. I was just making a simple point of age differences. There was nothing more to look into. Nothing more to think about. Just the point! Are you done trying to explain to me the rules i am well aware of? Lol. I’m trying to tell you you’re reading too much into this and you read more and more each time. :chillpill:
This what I got from your original post/comment. You find it ridiculous that a youth 5 team can do twisting baskets/tumbles but not adults/teenagers . Absolutely nothing to do with IASF breaking from USASF or the new divisions/age grid that's new to IASF. Your ONLY point being adults/14+can't twist anymore but itty bitty 8 year olds can.

Last edited:
This what I got from your original post/comment. You find it ridiculous that a youth 5 team can do twisting baskets/tumbles and not adults/teenagers . Absolutely nothing to do with IASF breaking from USASF or the new divisions/age grid that's new to IASF. Your ONLY point being adults/14+can't twist anymore but itty bitty 8 year olds can.

Okay thank you lol. I just don’t want anyone thinking I was being ignorant! I know what’s going on. Just making a point, glad you got it!

I’m trying really hard to be nice. I’m feeling like you’re having a one sided conversation here. I was just making a simple point of age differences. There was nothing more to look into. Nothing more to think about. Just the point! Are you done trying to explain to me the rules i am well aware of? Lol. I’m trying to tell you you’re reading too much into this and you read more and more each time. :chillpill:
Uh... I got your point long ago (about everyone else did too about if being unfair for youth to twist but young adults can't...hence why it's since been revoked).

I wasn't trying to teach you the rules...it's called starting a discussion or conversation... You know to actively talk about what and why they did what they did.

But if you can't look at the bigger picture and analyze what's going on around you...not my problem. :confused:

Last edited:
Uh... I got your point long ago (about everyone else did too about if being unfair for youth to twist but young adults can't...hence why it's since been revoked).

I wasn't trying to teach you the rules...it's called starting a discussion or conversation... You know to actively talk about what and why they did what they did.

But if you can't look at the bigger picture and analyze what's going on around you...not my problem. :confused:
Ok wasn't going to respond your post but since you changed what you originally wrote and added some. I will say this if you got her point long time ago why did you keep bringing up things that she never mentioned or brought up. All she was stating was she finds it ridiculous that with the new/old/new rules adults cannot twist but youths can. So again if you got her point there was no reason to bring up the other issue, new IASF or whatever. Just because she didn't want to or need to talk about "the bigger picture" doesn't mean she doesn't understand or see it.

Ok wasn't going to respond your post but since you changed what you originally wrote and added some. I will say this if you got her point long time ago why did you keep bringing up things that she never mentioned or brought up. All she was stating was she finds it ridiculous that with the new/old/new rules adults cannot twist but youths can. So again if you got her point there was no reason to bring up the other issue, new IASF or whatever. Just because she didn't want to or need to talk about "the bigger picture" doesn't mean she doesn't understand or see it.
If she doesn't want to talk about it then there was no need to reply to me.

She said she didn't think it was fair/rational.
I said, well this is why Les said it happened (and added info about that it could eventually have a bigger impact than we think).
She then told me "im being nice, but you don't get it."

I brought it up because the two are related.

end of story.

Question, can you compete at worlds on both an international team and a regular level 5 team?

If she doesn't want to talk about it then there was no need to reply to me.

She said she didn't think it was fair/rational.
I said, well this is why Les said it happened (and added info about that it could eventually have a bigger impact than we think).
She then told me "im being nice, but you don't get it."

I brought it up because the two are related.

end of story.
Ok so I had to go back and re-read your conversation. She did understand what you were talking about in regards to IASF new international levels etc. She also said that all she commented about and her only point was the ridiculousness of the new twisting rules. She only started to get annoyed? and responding more is when you kept bringing up points or issues that she never pointed out or mentioned. So again she may and probably understand the two are related it just something she didn't want to add too or talk about.

Btw what you were talking about is very interesting and we'll see how this all pans out. I don't want you to think what you're talking about is not important or not the point. I was just trying to tell you where she was coming from.

I am very thankful they listened and changed everything back.

Playing devil's advocate for a second, the problem with asking first is that you are never going to make everyone happy. For example, about half the people I know are in favor of raising the Senior age for all levels to 13 and above. The other half I know are adamantly against it. With many issues, they will receive backlash regardless of which direction they attempt to move.

I don't think they necessarily need to ask first, at least not with everything. But if these changes had been brought in right after Worlds, or even now for the 2018/2019 season (giving everyone time to plan and not smack in the middle of the season) with a brief explanation of how this is seen to be best for the sport, people are going to be a lot more willing to go with the changes, even if they don't agree with them.

USASF/IASF/Whoever changes rules next will never make everyone happy, but it's ridiculous to drop major things like this on us mid-season with no explanation. Could you imagine if the NHL banned hits today for the rest of the season with no explanation and then reversed the decision in 3 days after the uproar? People would see the league as a sham

Ok so I had to go back and re-read your conversation. She did understand what you were talking about in regards to IASF new international levels etc. She also said that all she commented about and her only point was the ridiculousness of the new twisting rules. She only started to get annoyed? and responding more is when you kept bringing up points or issues that she never pointed out or mentioned. So again she may and probably understand the two are related it just something she didn't want to add too or talk about.

Btw what you were talking about is very interesting and we'll see how this all pans out. I don't want you to think what you're talking about is not important or not the point. I was just trying to tell you where she was coming from.

Again, if she didn't want to talk about it, the simple thing to do would have been to not reply, instead of getting annoyed that someone is engaging your point into a discussion.

Btw thanks, but I don't need to be ensured that what I'm talking about is important. If noone wants to talk about it I'm perfectly fine with radio silence on the topic.

Last edited:
Again, if she didn't want to talk about it, the simple thing to do would have been to not reply, instead of getting annoyed that someone is engaging your point into a discussion.

That's kind of how the quote function works... It's not always to engage that particular person, but to reference back to something previously that ties into the new comment.
Well gosh ok. Just trying to help you understand where she was coming from. Have a lovely night.

It's cool to see US teams entering these divisions, though I am guessing at least most of them will be going for the Summit bids being offered. 6 teams going for 4 bids is pretty good odds. I don't think it will be too long before the USASF starts to follow the IASF age grid/divisions. That is pretty similar to what they were going for when they released the age grid earlier, then reversed it. Just one more step to everything being unified worldwide, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing them at WSF. I have to concede that in the process of making what we see as "ours" now "theirs," this is just the first of many changes, uproars, and obstacles to get over. I had a friend from Switzerland come to the states and she made a comment that garbage disposals were illegal over there, because "they were bad for the water system and too dangerous from a public safety standpoint". A few years later she saw my kids cheer video (level 2) and her first question was, "Would you throw your fine china around like that?" There will be cultural and limited coach obstacles to overcome. Baby steps.

Back