All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's definitely been longer since 2015 since we had a Team Scotland team at ICU for cheer. I am thinking maybe 2011? After that Steve would probably not have been well enough to do it. Although I will say that we probably only had a few true level 5 athletes on those teams - most were able to stunt l5 but tumbles were probably l3. I think we sent just dance teams the following year.

We sent a Junior Team Scotland for 2017 (which was just JC junior 4) but not sure if anyone is going this year. I haven't seen anything anyway, but I am glad they have brought back a unified pom team for 2018. Hopefully in a few years we will have some strong athletes coming up from youth and junior who could potentially field a unified Team Scotland for cheer.

We had one in 2015, a few of my team mates were on it and it hasn't been done since as they did not do well at all. If you type in ICU team scotland 2015 you'll find the video on youtube.

We had one in 2015, a few of my team mates were on it and it hasn't been done since as they did not do well at all. If you type in ICU team scotland 2015 you'll find the video on youtube.

Whoops! Clearly I completely missed that! I was in America 2014-2015 so wasn't involved in cheer in the UK over that season. I think part of the difficulty is that the programmes with strong high level cheer teams, also have strong dance teams which tend to win Worlds bids, which means those athletes wouldn't compete with Team Scotland.

Whoops! Clearly I completely missed that! I was in America 2014-2015 so wasn't involved in cheer in the UK over that season. I think part of the difficulty is that the programmes with strong high level cheer teams, also have strong dance teams which tend to win Worlds bids, which means those athletes wouldn't compete with Team Scotland.

Can't deny that Scottish pom contains some of the best UK teams and they really do compete at a high level on the international stage as well. STILL gutted about the death of PACE Elite though as they were always such tough competition against our scottish teams when it came to finals.

Okay, just to be clear on which divisions iasf covers:
They manage international open 5/6 and also ICU? Or is ICU on its own?
A contactperson i asked about the changes (there are teams going to worlds)
said we only compete icu but they also competed in and advanced through to finals in io5 division. Am i seeing this wrong or what?

ICU is separate and governed by ICU. This is the 2 (or 3 day) competition immediately preceeding (Thursday/Friday) USASF Worlds. It's composed of all the national teams from member countries.

IASF essentially governs the international USASF divisions.

There are some teams that, in a way, compete at both. For example, Viqueens from Norway compete at USASF in IO6. A vast majority of that team also competes in Team Norway at ICU (with the same or very similar routine usually).

You have to remember that here in the US 99.999% of cheerleaders will never have even the tinniest chance of making team USA. There are thousands of people walking around with worlds, summit, UCA college, and NCA college rings would wouldn’t stand a shadow of a chance of making team USA. I know a girl with a standing full, two to whip full, specialty running full, and who was a bomb flyer who didn’t make it because her base didn’t make the cut and you try out as a group.

ICU isn’t the main focus because we don’t interact with it. We know that none of us, or our friends, or our teammates will be on Team USA and that makes it less important to us.

Don’t get me wrong I love team USA and every year my friends and I freak out about how good they are, but they practice for like a month and we only see them once when they compete at ICU. There’s a whole season of cheerleading for us to watch and that takes our focus away.
i know i am a few weeks behind on this.. been busy with work.. but I think that when ICU cheerleading is brought into the olympics or I should say I hope... that it will be treated similarly to gymnastics, where they train together all year-round... no more of this ' ok everyone fly out for 1weekend in feb, one weekend in march then meet together the week before ICU worlds. If its an olympic sport treat them and train them as olympic athletes IMO...

i know i am a few weeks behind on this.. been busy with work.. but I think that when ICU cheerleading is brought into the olympics or I should say I hope... that it will be treated similarly to gymnastics, where they train together all year-round... no more of this ' ok everyone fly out for 1weekend in feb, one weekend in march then meet together the week before ICU worlds. If its an olympic sport treat them and train them as olympic athletes IMO...

In most other team sports they don't train together all year round, the players train and play with their club teams, then get together with the national team a few weeks maybe before a worlds or Olympics.

Latest posts

Back