All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah IO 5 is 14 and up, IO 6 is 17 and up based on the unusual IO calendar rules.

And for guys who cheer in college , they specifically compete All Star so they can compete their crazy elite tumbling skills

Last edited:
True. Idk, I don't see some of the top teams watering their tumbling down, at least too much. I would think (hope?) that it would be rewarded in overall routine maybe? Idk how that is gonna work.
Let's just hope this was all some kind of joke that they are trying to play on us. Maybe it will be like when those ridiculous tumbling rules came out several years ago and they reverse at least some of the rules. They can keep the individual pass thing and get rid of the rest haha
I can't imagine any coach allowing someone to throw a double and risking a huge point deduction for an incomplete rotation when it won't gain you anything. I do hope this will be revisited, but honestly I highly doubt it because I am pretty sure I know the reasoning for it.

I see a mass exodus of a lot of teams, this is crazy. If this was meant for the bottom line, they will end up losing money due to teams not competing anymore. Makes zero logical sense and quite frankly, is an injustice to the members of these teams who have worked so hard and are extremely talented. Again, the everyone gets a trophy mentality is killing sports all together.

I can't imagine any coach allowing someone to throw a double and risking a huge point deduction for an incomplete rotation when it won't gain you anything. I do hope this will be revisited, but honestly I highly doubt it because I am pretty sure I know the reasoning for it.

Oh that happens all the time...because they want to keep up with what other teams are doing. It's not right, but it happens more so than it should.

I think this is actually an insult to teams outside of the country, also many cheerleaders look forward to competing on international teams after they age out and by creating an essentially restricted international division for worlds will likely push kids completely out of the all-star world after they age out. I'm hoping this act of greed will bite them in the booty ; ) (also shout out to the automatic pg13 censoring although this word doesn't give quite the same effect but I'll take it :D). This isn't about safety this was an attempt to stabilize their revenue streams, yet I'm sure they are going to take the 'safety' route lol.

Guys, we HAVE the power to change this and get our sport back !
Remember when they tried to remove standing fulls from us ? and we fought tooth and nail - and we got them back!
Its not impossible to fight back

That took a flood of calls and emails. It can make a difference, but it takes a village.

To me, the constant stream of tone-deaf decisions begs several questions: Who makes these decisions? What was the process by which these things were debated? Who elected/selected them? What is the "proper" channel to make inquiries, suggestions, or complaints about decisions and policies?

That took a flood of calls and emails. It can make a difference, but it takes a village.

To me, the constant stream of tone-deaf decisions begs several questions: Who makes these decisions? What was the process by which these things were debated? Who elected/selected them? What is the "proper" channel to make inquiries, suggestions, or complaints about decisions and policies?

I've got to stop assuming, but I truly figured the majority of gym owners would know who to contact. On their website where it says "Contact Us" it doesn't give any information or details, just a portal asking for Name, Email, Country, Subject, Your Message and a send button. Is that unidentified email abyss all you have to ask questions and voice your opinion as a gym owner or coach?

I've got to stop assuming, but I truly figured the majority of gym owners would know who to contact. On their website where it says "Contact Us" it doesn't give any information or details, just a portal asking for Name, Email, Country, Subject, Your Message and a send button. Is that unidentified email abyss all you have to ask questions and voice your opinion as a gym owner or coach?

I have been more deeply involved than most gym owners, but I can't tell you who made this decision, what the process was, or where to address our concerns. Our governing bodies aren't the most open and transparent bunch.

When it use to happen they got credit for the skill, big difference.

Yes, but they still do it.

I'm not as savvy on scoring rubrics in other countries (only have experience with Germany personally), but a lot of them will "get credit" because it's a legal skill but will get a lower execution score and potentially a deduction for an incomplete twist/bad catch, etc. So, what is stopping a coach from having the team throw that basket full layout that comes in piked or is not such a pretty twist, when they get credit for the level 6 skill and are just risking a potential deduction or a slightly lower execution score?

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked things like "what's better? Have my team all do a clean low to high or the high to high?" They ask to maximize their potential point value.

I can understand how/why IASF would say this is a safety issue, but that doesn't mean I think it's logical. But somewhere you can at least go "ok, I guess that is why?"

I have been more deeply involved than most gym owners, but I can't tell you who made this decision, what the process was, or where to address our concerns. Our governing bodies aren't the most open and transparent bunch.
They also changed how you get a copy of the rulebook. Level rules used to be online at usasfrules.com. Now you have to request a copy and provide information to prove you're a member.

And they think people, that don't compete ,will fork over a lot of money to c teams watered down routines? Or pay xtra $ to c the finals of top divisions? Nope--Dallas/Atlanta will be busier than ever!

Back