New Iasf Rules

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Cheeranswers, Nov 13, 2017.

1. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    And they think people, that don't compete ,will fork over a lot of money to c teams watered down routines? Or pay xtra $ to c the finals of top divisions? Nope--Dallas/Atlanta will be busier than ever!

2. Adrirocks

Adrirocks I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    This is absolute nonsense. :-(

3. wishfulthinking

wishfulthinking Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Why are they announcing changes now? The season has already started, albeit very early.

Save your changes for like May or June.

4. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle. National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Can’t shimmy this enough.

This is a rule change I’d like to see implemented. The restrictions on tumbling and in baskets are ridiculous. But the bottom age? If they had stuck with the original plan the bottom age would have been 17 for a few years now. I don’t understand how the International division has evolved into another version of a Senior 5 team.

Oh wait I do. $$$$$$

5. courtness_m

courtness_m I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    OSUgal
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I told my daughter this morning that even if her IAG5 team gets a bid to Worlds, I would not be paying for her to go, and she totally agreed with me. Why should I spend all that money to watch her compete level 2/3 skills again after all the years of working her booty of to earn the skills she has through hard work and sacrifice!

6. Alli

Alli I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Can’t say I’m a fan of this at all

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. azune

azune I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Honestly I’m thinking this is coming down to money. What they did was basically make it an “even” playing field for other countries now. The goal is for them to crown more countries besides the U.S and in return hope for more countries to try to join. It’s alllll about the money.

8. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Update:

There might be a little bit of hope

9. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    But I think they will lose $$ because less non participating people will come watch. They will go to Dallas or Atlanta to c the full out non watered down routine.

10. FloridaFlya

FloridaFlya When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    There are way too many US AND International athletes & coaches upset and some even offended by this rule. We have the village it takes. There is no way this will last. And like cheermomforever said, they will lose $. So many of those athletes would rather pull out than perform watered down routines, for every reason already stated on here. Its completely unfair to do this after the competition season has began. I'm going to assume with good faith that they will at LEAST push it back to 2019 worlds.

11. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I hope they do away with it, rather then push it back. They are delaying the inevitable, more kids will decide its not worth it to shell out the money for a worlds level team, when they cant even compete a true level 5/6 routine AT WORLDS. It not only will hurt USASF pocket, but will hurt the programs who offer them as well.

i would think iasf gains more money from having more competition and spectators attend the event, then they do from entrance fees, etc from teams overseas. Money wise it doesnt make sense to me, unless they truly make a crap load of cash from getting overseas teams to come to worlds.

12. Payton Lewis

Payton Lewis Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    CheerUpdates suggested a great idea for a new worlds division which would be Resctricted IOC5/6. I think this is a great idea for those countries that want to compete but feel like they can’t compete against US teams. I feel like it would be more like the Premeir/Elite divisions off ICU. Which could solve all these problems

13. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    This! I am normally completely against adding more divisions, but if it means that these rules don't go into affect for the top divisions, then I am all for it.

14. TealShades

TealShades I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    No no more divisions. If this is the way all stars is going, 10 yrs from now there will be 30 divisions at worlds. Oh yay I won worlds in just stand there and blow kisses to judges division IO 0.1 This non twisting basket/full-double =same points rule is all bull. There is no win win when trying to satisfy everyone.

15. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    agree. Im not big on the participation trophy mentality people have with sports these days. Cheerleading constantly has the argument as wanting to be recognized as a sport, but then does this......
    i know people brought up worlds having some form of D2 worlds for those who are restricted, etc. why not just do it for this. Create a restricted division for international and call it a day.