All-Star New International Divisions At Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you think many teams in the US will adopt these age guidelines this year? I wonder how many of these US bids they will be able to award? Do you have to compete in the international division to qualify for the bids? Or if your teams meets the international bid requirement ages, do you qualify? I'm so confused.

This confuses me. So at Summit, both USASF and IASF divisions will be offered? But they wouldn't compete against each other, right?

Since I know very little about IASF, is there any way to know how many teams are registered through the organization? The press release says 300 international bids will be offered which makes me think that there must be a lot of teams using these divisions already.

INT_SUMMIT.pdf This is the list of Summit bid events for the IASF divisions. It looks like 28 of the 46 bid events take place in the US. Will international teams using the new IASF divisions really travel to a different country just for a bid?

INT_SUMMIT.pdf This is the list of Summit bid events for the IASF divisions. It looks like 28 of the 46 bid events take place in the US. Will international teams using the new IASF divisions really travel to a different country just for a bid?

Or will US teams enter the international divisions like Worlds? Is that allowed? I know UCA/NCA/Cheersport usually have some international teams, especially UCA, but I don't see a team flying to the US twice in one season so who knows how that'll turn out. Gotta fill Varisty's new Disney venue somehow ;)

I wonder if they'll limit teams/gyms to only obtain bids in their home country. Or is that already a thing, like with Worlds bids?

(Looks like the Varsity takeover of ATC has benefited the west coast of Canada. 2 new bid competitions in BC, and more bids offered in Alberta and BC competitions.)
I thought Canadian teams can come to US for bids?

First IASF Summit bids in the world are being awarded at ATC State Showdown in Western Australia on 28/29 October :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This was such a tease I'm on an Open 4 and I thought this was going to be an announcement about it being added to Summit :help:

Ok help me out (maybe I need more caffeine).
On this document https://varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/18/Summit/IASF_Divisions_Summit_FAQ.pdf

It says the following:

Can international teams from other countries get a bid in the US?
Canadian teams are the only teams allowed to receive bids at Varsity All Star events in the United States. International teams will be eligible to receive bids from our designated Varsity All Star International events and Partner Events.

So does this mean all those international bids being given at US events can only go to US teams or Canadian teams? So technically I could take my one team of 16 from PA and enter the IASF division? If as another poster up thread wrote that 28 of the bids are being given out on US soil that isn't very international to me.

Ok help me out (maybe I need more caffeine).
On this document https://varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/18/Summit/IASF_Divisions_Summit_FAQ.pdf

It says the following:

Can international teams from other countries get a bid in the US?
Canadian teams are the only teams allowed to receive bids at Varsity All Star events in the United States. International teams will be eligible to receive bids from our designated Varsity All Star International events and Partner Events.

So does this mean all those international bids being given at US events can only go to US teams or Canadian teams? So technically I could take my one team of 16 from PA and enter the IASF division? If as another poster up thread wrote that 28 of the bids are being given out on US soil that isn't very international to me.

I wonder if it is a way to encourage gyms to start fielding teams with the IASF age guidelines which are VERY different than the USASF age grid.

I'm confused! Will teams that win Summit bids at events outside the US only be able to compete in the international divisions? It's been possible to win bids at Jamfest Europe for a couple of years, in fact a British team won the J1 division at Summit this year.

CP's gym have been talking about trying for Summit bids for certain teams that have been very successful here in the UK, the idea being that they want to compete against the very best. I'm not sure that an international division would necessarily give the level of competition.

Most UK teams are on usasf age grids too.

I'm confused! Will teams that win Summit bids at events outside the US only be able to compete in the international divisions? It's been possible to win bids at Jamfest Europe for a couple of years, in fact a British team won the J1 division at Summit this year.

CP's gym have been talking about trying for Summit bids for certain teams that have been very successful here in the UK, the idea being that they want to compete against the very best. I'm not sure that an international division would necessarily give the level of competition.

Most UK teams are on usasf age grids too.

That’s the UK though, there are plenty of teams in Europe, Australia and South America who use the IASF grid. I think it’s a good starting point, personally.

Will a lot of teams want to make that trip? That is my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, there's my town on the bid list. Yay my town. :cheering:

We've had summit/us finals bids now for a few years. But since it's been on the USASF age grid, most senior teams didn't even sign up for a bid since we don't have an age cap for senior teams here. So I'm all for it, hopefully more senior(18+) kids can go to a big US event, even if they never reach level 5!

That’s the UK though, there are plenty of teams in Europe, Australia and South America who use the IASF grid. I think it’s a good starting point, personally.

Will a lot of teams want to make that trip? That is my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Zealand and Australia have followed the USASF age grid up until this point. The IASF age grid is brand new and doesn't reflect what we have been using at all.

Latest posts

Back