College New Nca Rule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone have pics of the Baylor uniforms?
They were made for the Tournament. Adidas made new uniforms for all of their schools I think. Louisville's new red one is a bright red that appears orange on TV. Baylor's looks like a highlighter exploded.

Baylor-Uniforms1.jpg

Oh! I thought you meant Baylor's STUNT team!!! Those bball ones are gross. The fball uniforms that the Nike did were pretty hideous too.

Oh! I thought you meant Baylor's STUNT team!!! Those bball ones are gross. The fball uniforms that the Nike did were pretty hideous too.

Yeah that is what I am getting at though, UMD's football uniforms, Oregon's football uniforms, Baylor's basketball uniforms, ect. are all being made to be different the all the other schools. I think that there should be rules as far as how small uniforms can be, like the NCAA has regulations on uniforms, but I think the bow rule is just silly and pointless.

Please NCA do not become UCA. I like the glitz and glam but also love athleticism. If I wanted solely glitz and glam I would do pageants but I love being athletic but pretty at the same time. is that to much to ask? I am sorry but volleyball uniforms make girls look manly, if that is what it takes to become a sport than I don't want it to become a sport. I am not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape on us becoming officially recognized as a sport. If you don't like the glitter and bows then do school cheerleading or more specifically UCA cheerleading. Thats why I loved NCA so much, you don't have to look like you walked out of the 90's with tube socks and pleated skirts.

Should we regulate uniforms? YES! because some of these are getting out of hand, but I never see a college uniform that is inappropriate so I don't think the problem lies there. The only regulation should be length of skirt and crop top.

Some said earlier in this thread that most teams at UCA wear ribbon for the "college image" but do they get deductions if they are wearing a normal bow?

Some said earlier in this thread that most teams at UCA wear ribbon for the "college image" but do they get deductions if they are wearing a normal bow?

I don't think so, high school nationals may be different but if I remember correctly Bow Fabulous made Dunbar's bows last year (and possibly this past year).

Be aware as well, that you not only have to worry about the girls, but the boys as well. Last year, HPU got a warning in prelims about the boys hair being too "tall" in a mohawk. Haircuts were given that night to trim a few of the boys hair to ensure there was no .1 deduction for Collegiate Image during finals.

They wear bows (ribbon formed into bows)...but they're the plain grosgrain bows. UCA teams don't wear the flashy, multi colored bows with the designs etc (like all star team bows).

Be aware as well, that you not only have to worry about the girls, but the boys as well. Last year, HPU got a warning in prelims about the boys hair being too "tall" in a mohawk. Haircuts were given that night to trim a few of the boys hair to ensure there was no .1 deduction for Collegiate Image during finals.

Hasn't HPU been hammered on Collegiate Image a number of times? I vaguely remember them having an issue with their uniforms at prelims one year (maybe 2006 or 2007?)

Bow regulation is stupid as long as it isn't unsafe. Honestly, there doesn't need to be a written rule re: collegiate image... you don't look collegiate, you don't get max points. That is all they need to say!

... if that is what it takes to become a sport than I don't want it to become a sport. I am not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape on us becoming officially recognized as a sport...
SHIMMY times 1000!! I agree. It seems like some people want it to be a sport so badly that they are changing everything about it to the point where it would no longer even be cheerleading! I like it the way it is, no label needed!

I don't think so, high school nationals may be different but if I remember correctly Bow Fabulous made Dunbar's bows last year (and possibly this past year).
Not sure about college, but HS nationals almost every team has a real bow, not cut ribbon. And the past couple of years I've been surprised at how many teams are getting flashier bows. Still more plain than anything else, but teams are starting to come around. I think more teams would have them if UCA let it happen! I know last year UCA judges commented that our bows were distracting. We had the yella ribbon tick tock bow - not THAT distracting but yes it wasn't simple either!

I don't give a crap about the bows. But ponytails? Do they know what a pain in the butt coed stunting is with a ponytail? My partner used to always yell at me if my hair was in a pony. If I stood in front of him with my hair in a pony he'd pull it out and put it half up for me.
Interesting, I've never heard of that.... why is it harder? Does the pony hit him in the eyes?

Interesting, I've never heard of that.... why is it harder? Does the pony hit him in the eyes?

Yeah. I usually wear my hair in a low messy bun, and when I wear it in a ponytail he complains that he ends up with hair in his eyes or face either when setting to dip or when catching a pop down.

Back