OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I am going to be a freshman in college this upcoming year. My parents recently asked me if I would want an iPad as my graduation gift. My mom thinks it would be easier to carry around than a laptop and maybe there would be online textbook options I could buy on the iPad. So my question for you all is, would an iPad actually be useful to me in college? I have a MacbookPro that is 2 years old and an iPhone 5. Normally I would jump at the chance for an iPad, but with going to college I'm just not sure how much practical/educational use I would get out of an iPad? Let me know what you think!
I know for my school at least, they don't have wifi in all of the dorm rooms, only an ethernet cord hookup. So I know for me if I want to use my iPad I'm going to have to go to a common area like the dorm lounge or whatever to use it. Something to keep in mind.

I know for my school at least, they don't have wifi in all of the dorm rooms, only an ethernet cord hookup. So I know for me if I want to use my iPad I'm going to have to go to a common area like the dorm lounge or whatever to use it. Something to keep in mind.
Why not take a mini router to make the ethernet wifi? Is it against dorm policy? Just wondering. NonCP senior this year. Good info for next year.

If you have an iPhone and unlimited data you could turn on personal hotspot and then go on your iPad :D Bend around those rules!

I know Verizon got rid of unlimited data. So if you have it and change anything, (like swap numbers) they make you change your data plan

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I know Verizon got rid of unlimited data. So if you have it and change anything, (like swap numbers) they make you change your data plan

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board
weird. Well then my dad must pay for it. I think its free up until you use 1GB but I'm not entirely sure

random question about iTunes match - I know @king mentioned it in the past, but if anyone else knows anything about it feel free to chime in!

if I purchase iTunes Match, will it free up space on my phone that the music was taking up? or is it more just a music-cloud storage system?

random question about iTunes match - I know @king mentioned it in the past, but if anyone else knows anything about it feel free to chime in!

if I purchase iTunes Match, will it free up space on my phone that the music was taking up? or is it more just a music-cloud storage system?
On my 4 I had pretty close to no room for music. I could have like 20 songs on at a time. I got the match and it worked like a charm! I have it on the 5 now and love it. I can have all my music "on here" without it taking up space. I recommend it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It is a music storage locker than you can also add your own personal custom music (aka routine music). It is a fantastic solution.

Although now I am strictly Spotify and Soundcloud. I only stream music to my phone or computer. No need for me to waste space on music on my phone.

On my 4 I had pretty close to no room for music. I could have like 20 songs on at a time. I got the match and it worked like a charm! I have it on the 5 now and love it. I can have all my music "on here" without it taking up space. I recommend it.

It is a music storage locker than you can also add your own personal custom music (aka routine music). It is a fantastic solution.

Although now I am strictly Spotify and Soundcloud. I only stream music to my phone or computer. No need for me to waste space on music on my phone.

Thank you! :D

For those of you who stream music to your phone, how do you do that without using data? I want to listen on the train but my phone is full and I haven't bought an sd card. I'm tired of my music I have but streaming uses up all my data. Any ideas?

Ditto for AT&T. Which is why I am 27 and still on the family plan with my mom.

And I'm never ever leaving

I'm on my sister's at&t plan still...and I'm about to be 40. :oops:

Back