OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I finally got a roundoff and am almost ready to try my bhs on the springboard...but...our tumbling class at heat athletics ends next week.
and my dad says its too expensive for me to cheer there or take lessons :banghead: :confused:

I finally got a roundoff and am almost ready to try my bhs on the springboard...but...our tumbling class at heat athletics ends next week.
and my dad says its too expensive for me to cheer there or take lessons :banghead: :confused:
You live in Fond Du right? That's such a long drive just for tumbling lol. I can see why he says it's too expensive because it is pretty expensive for the class and then gas money on top of that...

You live in Fond Du right? That's such a long drive just for tumbling lol. I can see why he says it's too expensive because it is pretty expensive for the class and then gas money on top of that...
yeah i do, and i know it is but it just sucks cause i love it there so much. I'm bummed. it was for sure fun while it lasted!

yeah i do, and i know it is but it just sucks cause i love it there so much. I'm bummed. it was for sure fun while it lasted!
I tumbled there for three/four years and loved it! I feel your pain lol. I would totally have taken a class over summer if it wasn't so expensive. :/

I tumbled there for three/four years and loved it! I feel your pain lol. I would totally have taken a class over summer if it wasn't so expensive. :/
My team got a deal, we could sell seroogys and if we did our school paid for most of it and we only paid $30 instead of $76. So that was really nice

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My team got a deal, we could sell seroogys and if we did our school paid for most of it and we only paid $30 instead of $76. So that was really nice

That's so awesome!! I think I paid like $110 when I took it with my team (12 weeks) and like $165-ish when I just took a 12 week class. Expensive, but worth it!!
#thanksmom

That's so awesome!! I think I paid like $110 when I took it with my team (12 weeks) and like $165-ish when I just took a 12 week class. Expensive, but worth it!!
#thanksmom
They are for sure expensive but I see why. It's such a great gym. I adore drew he's who mainly works with us

They are for sure expensive but I see why. It's such a great gym. I adore drew he's who mainly works with us

All the coaches I worked with aren't there anymore :/ But I'm sure the new people are also awesome. I've heard some good things about them from friends.

I need some help, I want to allstar cheer this year, but i need to convince my father. i already have a list of things i will do if i can (ie. 3.0 gpa all year, get a job and help pay half of the monthly fees, only wear my nfinities in the gym, give up high school cheer, and pay for gas when i can.) but i feel like there should be more.
anyone have any ideas?
(sorry I didn't wanna make a thread for this, or hijack another thread)

I need some help, I want to allstar cheer this year, but i need to convince my father. i already have a list of things i will do if i can (ie. 3.0 gpa all year, get a job and help pay half of the monthly fees, only wear my nfinities in the gym, give up high school cheer, and pay for gas when i can.) but i feel like there should be more.
anyone have any ideas?
(sorry I didn't wanna make a thread for this, or hijack another thread)
Do you drive? That helped me get my mom to let me. Having him talk to the coaches might help too, my mom emailed my coach and it really helped her feel better about it. And has HS cheer already started?

Do you drive? That helped me get my mom to let me. Having him talk to the coaches might help too, my mom emailed my coach and it really helped her feel better about it. And has HS cheer already started?
No, i may get to winter this year we aren't sure yet, and okay thanks! and yes my season started before school even ended. But it wouldn't really cross with high school cheer at all

No, i may get to winter this year we aren't sure yet, and okay thanks! and yes my season started before school even ended. But it wouldn't really cross with high school cheer at all
If the season has already started I don't think you should say you'll give up HS cheer.
Do you know people who cheer where you want to cheer? I used the fact that I can drive but being able to carpool could really help. Also if you make good friends, your dad doesn't necessarily have to come to every comp, someone else could just drive you and if it's overnight you could room with them if your dad's okay with it and they are (split the cost though) My coach drives our gym's van to comps and offered to drive me when my mom can't and that made my mom happy lol.
I feel like the most concerning thing for parents is cost, and having enough time for schoolwork. If you have a study hall you could remind him of that, and tell him you're willing to do HW/study in the car on the way to the gym if you have to. Just assure him you'll do whatever it takes to get your work done. For my mom it was more about me having a plan for how I would get everything done without being over tired or stressed.
Getting a job is a good idea but it will make it even harder to get everything done. But it depends on how much it costs and if you absolutely HAVE to get a job, try to get one where you can come in on the weekends. Being willing to give up things in other areas (not necessarily that are listable) can help, like I take less private lessons and try not to ask for as many clothes and such, oh and when I get like expensive cheer warmups and bags, they usually end up as Christmas gifts which helps with the costs b/c they then can spend less on xmas.
A list will help but not everything can really be put on a list, so I'd just sit down with him and explain what your plan is about getting everything done, tell him about the list, and just express to him how much you want to cheer.

If the season has already started I don't think you should say you'll give up HS cheer.
Do you know people who cheer where you want to cheer? I used the fact that I can drive but being able to carpool could really help. Also if you make good friends, your dad doesn't necessarily have to come to every comp, someone else could just drive you and if it's overnight you could room with them if your dad's okay with it and they are (split the cost though) My coach drives our gym's van to comps and offered to drive me when my mom can't and that made my mom happy lol.
I feel like the most concerning thing for parents is cost, and having enough time for schoolwork. If you have a study hall you could remind him of that, and tell him you're willing to do HW/study in the car on the way to the gym if you have to. Just assure him you'll do whatever it takes to get your work done. For my mom it was more about me having a plan for how I would get everything done without being over tired or stressed.
Getting a job is a good idea but it will make it even harder to get everything done. But it depends on how much it costs and if you absolutely HAVE to get a job, try to get one where you can come in on the weekends. Being willing to give up things in other areas (not necessarily that are listable) can help, like I take less private lessons and try not to ask for as many clothes and such, oh and when I get like expensive cheer warmups and bags, they usually end up as Christmas gifts which helps with the costs b/c they then can spend less on xmas.
A list will help but not everything can really be put on a list, so I'd just sit down with him and explain what your plan is about getting everything done, tell him about the list, and just express to him how much you want to cheer.
Thank you so much! And yes a teammate is considering it too. We wouldn't just quit, we'd finish the season out. But we both are gonna try to convince out parents for the exacts reasons you said. Thank you so much

Back