New New Random Thread...

Discussion in 'Random' started by mommadonna, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophie

Sophie I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    Shoppiee
    Twitter:
    SophieLavrenz
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    No, i may get to winter this year we aren't sure yet, and okay thanks! and yes my season started before school even ended. But it wouldn't really cross with high school cheer at all

2. cheernerd5678

cheernerd5678 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    If the season has already started I don't think you should say you'll give up HS cheer.
    Do you know people who cheer where you want to cheer? I used the fact that I can drive but being able to carpool could really help. Also if you make good friends, your dad doesn't necessarily have to come to every comp, someone else could just drive you and if it's overnight you could room with them if your dad's okay with it and they are (split the cost though) My coach drives our gym's van to comps and offered to drive me when my mom can't and that made my mom happy lol.
    I feel like the most concerning thing for parents is cost, and having enough time for schoolwork. If you have a study hall you could remind him of that, and tell him you're willing to do HW/study in the car on the way to the gym if you have to. Just assure him you'll do whatever it takes to get your work done. For my mom it was more about me having a plan for how I would get everything done without being over tired or stressed.
    Getting a job is a good idea but it will make it even harder to get everything done. But it depends on how much it costs and if you absolutely HAVE to get a job, try to get one where you can come in on the weekends. Being willing to give up things in other areas (not necessarily that are listable) can help, like I take less private lessons and try not to ask for as many clothes and such, oh and when I get like expensive cheer warmups and bags, they usually end up as Christmas gifts which helps with the costs b/c they then can spend less on xmas.
    A list will help but not everything can really be put on a list, so I'd just sit down with him and explain what your plan is about getting everything done, tell him about the list, and just express to him how much you want to cheer.

3. Sophie

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    Shoppiee
    Twitter:
    SophieLavrenz
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Thank you so much! And yes a teammate is considering it too. We wouldn't just quit, we'd finish the season out. But we both are gonna try to convince out parents for the exacts reasons you said. Thank you so much

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

4. Sophie

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    Shoppiee
    Twitter:
    SophieLavrenz
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    sorry to double post, but I just transfered my ipod touch 5 to iOS7. And its a lot cooler then i thought it would be, and im obsessed with it

5. RobinSparkles

RobinSparkles Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    _robin_sparkles
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I stood in close to the same spot for almost 10 hours today. I can't feel my heels, but it was worth it.

6. ssccxnce

ssccxnce Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I'm literally at a loss for words another person I went to school with just died and I can't understand what it is with this town and loss of life so young. That makes 5/6 people in the last year in a half all within the same year or two of school as me. What makes it worse is he was the only person my best friend has ever truly been in love with and I have no idea what to even say to her. She's so far away I can't visit her, none of her roommates are home and my heart is so broken for her. I could barely finish my shift today because one of the security guards I was working near was identical to him. I just cannot understand anything that's happened to me or my friends or family lately

7. CEAisstronger

CEAisstronger I have my own cheer message board Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Thursday was the 3 year anniversary of my friends death. He was only 12 then. I was 11. He got shot on a basketball court. I was so close to there. I probably could've walked there if I wanted to... I was that close. All of the people we hung out with fell apart after that. I started crying when I got home from cheer on Thursday. I know your feeling. His brother and two cousins were also close friends of mine. I couldn't even talk to them for a month. I didn't know what to say.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

8. megsmom

megsmom Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am so sorry for you and your friend. The best thing you can do is just be there for each other. Talk to each other about your feelings. It's okay to cry and be sad for a while- the grief process is different for everyone. Take as long as you need to grieve and heal. Prayers for you and your friend.

9. kristenthegreat

kristenthegreat Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    If anyone here lives in Washington State and can legally vote- you have an AMAZING opportunity! They're putting a vote in to get GMO foods labeled in your state. If you don't know anything about GMOs, google them! Basically every other decent country demands labeling of their produce, but Monsanto (the lovely people who help create Agent Orange, the defoliant used in Vietnam that has killed/maimed/caused birth defects in over 1 million people including my uncle and cousin) spends over a BILLION dollars a year trying to tell people that GMOs are safe and don't affect non-GMO crops (when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary).

Other companies who fight against GMO labeling? Pepsi- who was outed in a class-action lawsuit a few months back for their misleading 'Naked Juice' that contains much less fruit and a lot more chemicals than is allowed for 'all-natural.' This is your chance to KNOW what you put in your body (something very important for all athletes- healthy food won't do much good if it's stuffed with chemicals/genetically modified)!!

10. FierceIsTheName

FierceIsTheName Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    So i see our cheer loving/shoe loving friend continues to talk about us :rolleyes:

11. ufomom

ufomom I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Music Mixer
    Would you suggest iPad or iPad mini for this purpose? Was thinking larger iPad with keyboard would be easier for typing, but mini lighter to haul around.

12. notyourcheermom

notyourcheermom Slow your roll, Sparkle. National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    All three of us like the larger one. Key is finding a case you like. I have CP's in a pretty much indestructable one, but it's bulky. I would do the larger one, but I don't have the mini.

13. SmileyRyleigh

SmileyRyleigh Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    So I've decided to be crafty recently.... If any of y'all want to buy a canvas from me, let me know! I'm not expensive cause I do them for fun I can do just about any color and I can put rhinestones on them:) sorry they're kinda janky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. chyeeaaa69

chyeeaaa69 The Beygency. . best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    So now that I'm single I make an effort to look really good every time I go in public, and it seems every time I look really good I spill food on myself. It's my destiny to be ugly.

15. TinyBlondie15

TinyBlondie15 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    lolotires
    Twitter:
    lolotires
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Sounds like me. I can't eat without making a mess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.