OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got my high school schedule today. I had switched two classes after registration last year. Well they didn't change those classes. So I went to guidance to fix it today. All I get is "you're not changing that today." So I tried to explain I already tried to change it last school year. I went about the correct way and they still wouldn't change it saying come back tomorrow. I'm sorry my mom has work and she already has to take off for cheer a lot this summer and I've felt really bad about that. The times when I wish I could drive. Also for where I want to go to college, my counselor recommend 7-8 APs. Those two classes are APs. I'm not going to overload myself on my junior and senior year. Why not spread it out? I've been told I'm capable of it and I think I can. I'd appreciate if they would change my schedule. End rant now.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I got my high school schedule today. I had switched two classes after registration last year. Well they didn't change those classes. So I went to guidance to fix it today. All I get is "you're not changing that today." So I tried to explain I already tried to change it last school year. I went about the correct way and they still wouldn't change it saying come back tomorrow. I'm sorry my mom has work and she already has to take off for cheer a lot this summer and I've felt really bad about that. The times when I wish I could drive. Also for where I want to go to college, my counselor recommend 7-8 APs. Those two classes are APs. I'm not going to overload myself on my junior and senior year. Why not spread it out? I've been told I'm capable of it and I think I can. I'd appreciate if they would change my schedule. End rant now.

Our school is like that... We aren't allowed to change our schedule until the third day of school. They think if we go to all our classes we'll suddenly decide not to drop. Oh and if you want to drop an AP class to take a non-AP class you have to conference with the principal. Who came into all my ap classes and basically said "you can drop but I would be really disappointed and you have to have a really good reason and even if you do I'm still going to try to convince you to stay" okay...anyways I feel your pain. We are supposed to have 9 yearbook editors and they only put 4 of us in the editor class!
On another note I know nobody in my calc class. Like there are only two sections of calc be and it's just my luck everyone I know lands in the other one... Which I can't switch into because its during yearbook and there's only one option for what hour that is. :help: I'm gonna fail

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If you really want your schedule changed, be persistant about it. Email if you can't go in today, include the head of guidance on the email, have your mom call if she cannot take off from work....but don't give up. I have found in working with schools that it is the parents who yell the loudest - right or wrong - who get what they want because the school gets tired of dealing with them.

Has anyone seen Now Is Good? I just finished watching it and my face actually hurts from crying... Dakota Fanning just gained so much respect in my books

We got our schedules at Reagan last night too and don't worry...mine is completely messed up too. I've already taken basically everything I need besides my senior English, discrete math, and anatomy...they gave me those classes, and for my electives gave me the most ridiculous classes that I most definitely didnt put down for classes in April...personal finance (freshman class), accounting 1 (freshman class but apparently since I'm a senior I have to work the credit union during school?!), and apparel 1, another freshman class?! And I normally take two choruses, and I'm supposed to be I. Advanced coed and intermediate all girl...they out me in advanced coed and beginning coed. What?! My schedule is allllll out if wack...just what I need to start off my senior year. -_-
End rant sorry y'all.

Does anyone's gym require every single athlete to get new shoes every year?

I know with little ones, their feet grow super fast anyways, but does every single athlete have to buy new shoes every year?

We got our schedules at Reagan last night too and don't worry...mine is completely messed up too. I've already taken basically everything I need besides my senior English, discrete math, and anatomy...they gave me those classes, and for my electives gave me the most ridiculous classes that I most definitely didnt put down for classes in April...personal finance (freshman class), accounting 1 (freshman class but apparently since I'm a senior I have to work the credit union during school?!), and apparel 1, another freshman class?! And I normally take two choruses, and I'm supposed to be I. Advanced coed and intermediate all girl...they out me in advanced coed and beginning coed. What?! My schedule is allllll out if wack...just what I need to start off my senior year. -_-
End rant sorry y'all.

Accounting 1 and Apparel 1 are both like sophomore classes for us I think

I know with little ones, their feet grow super fast anyways, but does every single athlete have to buy new shoes every year?
It's not required but you really should. By the end of the vino season they are probably really worn out. Think of them like running shoes---the support breaks down after do much usage. Same with cheer shoes.

Our gym puts in a new order each year. They want the kids to wear the same ones. But I agree with @dawgshow, even with putting in new sports orthotics they still lose some of their support and ability to cushion after the extensive use of a full season.

Update on my schedule:
They won't let me have those classes. Since I'm not a junior or senior, apparently I was supposed to have an interview with the class teachers. No one told me this until today. So I met with the teacher. He asked me one question. After that he judged me as a typically student wanting to rush into APs. I'm sorry no I'm not. One question does not know me. I explained I want to go to Duke, and my counselor told me I need 7-8 APs. I'd like to not overload myself in my junior senior year. Then he proceeded to tell me that I'm not mature enough for this class and I don't meet requirements. Now I transferred from a smaller school which did not have as many classes as my school now. So my freshman year my new school did a lateral class change. I didn't know I could've done seminar (a little bit harder than honors level class) or AP World History. He made me feel stupid because I thought it was good to take all honors classes and pass with straight As. Apparently I could've done better and I can't take this class.

ETA: I started crying when I left the room.

Last edited:
It's not required but you really should. By the end of the vino season they are probably really worn out. Think of them like running shoes---the support breaks down after do much usage. Same with cheer shoes.

Totally. I guess I just like to tumble barefoot, so having the support go away is perfect. I've had my evolutions for five seasons, three of those being full seasons, and i take really good care of them. I kinda just see being forced to order new ones of a specific pair as being more of a money thing than anything.

Back