New New Random Thread...

Discussion in 'Random' started by mommadonna, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexacheer2010

alexacheer2010 Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    so try out for school! I think you'll miss cheer if you don't! I tried out for my school's team because I knew I loved cheering and would be lost without it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

2. alexacheer2010

alexacheer2010 Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    Also I'm hopefully joining a sorority too! The jewelry thing may be the actual gym's rules, I know for our school you can't have anything even live strong bracelets. It's the facility rule not just a cheer rule. Sorry, didn't see this post first.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

3. Ally13

Ally13 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    First economics test tomorrow! Been studying all day, but I'm still super nervous! Hopefully it goes well.

4. alliebby33

alliebby33 Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I just came across a food blog where the blogger refers to her Crockpot as her CP. Of course my first thought is cheer princess and I get confused.

5. njallday

njallday Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    i'm already a vegetarian and quite an animal supporter... but i just watched blackfish and i officially will never step foot in an aquarium, zoo, or any other place with animals being held in captivity again. i am so happy my parents never took me to seaworld.

also i highly recommend the documentary to anyone. it's crazy interesting regardless of your stance on animals in captivity.

6. njallday

Shimmys Received:
    They didn't touch on it at all.

I have mixed feelings about rehabilitation. Science and veterinarians have been able to do some truly amazing things (like the prosthetic dolphin tale, for example) part of me really loves that they are able to do these things and give the animal life again... but the other part of me thinks it's not what nature intended. orcas, for example, thrive being a part of their pod (and you'll cry in blackfish when they are taken form their parents.) when you take them out of that environment, they are unhappy. you basically take away their life's purpose. and then if they are re-released into the wild, will the be able to find their pod? you can't just join a new one (though some will accept you) i think i'm more on the "survival of the fittest" side of the fence.

and then there's breeding near-extinct animals in captivity.. which confuses me. because it's humans' fault most of them are going extinct, but breeding and raising them in captivity at a zoo isn't really helping if they can't live on their own in the wild. but then if they're released into an environment they can't survive in, that's cruel.

I'm just confused. but seriously watch it if you get a chance! there's a slight bias, but it definitely doesn't shove opinions down your throat and is worth the watch.

7. CEAisstronger

CEAisstronger I have my own cheer message board Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I love my first pyramid! Keep in mind we're in high school, but it's a braced ball up arabesque at extension, dip, braced kick up and into prep arabesque, press extend hitch.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. njallday

Shimmys Received:
    i will say i was at a local zoo a few years ago and witnessed the cutest thing. there was an older woman, probably in her 80s who walks into the zoo with a cooler. she walks to the lions, opens the cooler, and pulls out steaks. the lions ate them and actually like cuddled with her. i asked her about it after and she said she and her husband had raised a whole litter of cubs whose mom died giving birth. she and her husband took them in and raised them. they got big and i think animal control got involved, but she and her husband visited every day. her husband had since passed, but she still got there once a week to visit her babies.

i think the rehabilitation also depends on the animal (land or sea.) some animals can go back into the wild alone and do just fine. others hunt in groups and don't always welcome outsiders. i'd save every animal if i could, so it's not that i don't think what rehabilitation places are doing is amazing, i just think sometimes nature belongs in nature and humans need to stop interfering.

9. TinyBlondie15

TinyBlondie15 I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    lolotires
    Twitter:
    lolotires
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    @ACEDAD shimmied me for my post about my love for the Raiders and rant about the new 49ers stadium... I've been here for 3 years now and I STILL fangirl over the veterans shimmying me..

10. kaylalalaxo

kaylalalaxo Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I got excited when @mstealtoyou shimmied me....I felt like the magic of teal came through my laptop :D lame I know, but it's the small things!

11. kaylalalaxo

kaylalalaxo Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Anyone here a LUSH fan!? I loooove their bath bombs and bubble bars, but idk if it's worth it to spend so much on shampoo and conditioners, I'm going there tomorrow after class and need some help deciding if I splurge on the expensive stuff or get alot of the bath bombs, bubble bars, and soaps! the struggleeee.

12. Emily Jane

Emily Jane I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I move out on Sunday and I'm terrified :(

13. ACEDAD

ACEDAD Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive". National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    billpresson
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Verified Member:
    Bill Presson
    USASF Hall of Fame Member
    Also, I've been a Raiders fan for a long time. It's been kinda difficult in the last decade or so. But with my love of the San Jose Sharks as well, I probably should move to the Bay area.

14. ssccxnce

ssccxnce Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    do it! (i dare you) it is one of the most beautiful places i have ever lived in my 20 years

15. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I've decided I'm never going to graduate from college because I'm so indecisive and can't pick a major. I'm currently on my third in the last year and a half and I want to switch because I hate it :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.