OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have any good motivational studying tips? Especially for reading things you don't want to? I'm supposed to be reading The Crucible for my lit class right now, but I read it in high school and hated it so I'm REALLLY struggling to read it again. Reading my stats book is about twenty times more enjoyable than reading this :(

The Fierce Board App!
See if you can find the unabridged audio edition. Some narrators make a book fly by. You can download audiobooks free from the library, too. Then you can listen when you're getting ready, doing dishes, folding laundry, etc.

Someone help me focus, I have my Biology quiz in the morning and I've been studying all night but can't seem to retain the information :(

So I was in my first wreck last night. I'm fine thankfully, but I feel awful. It was my fault, and I feel even worse because it's a brand new 2013 and I just got it back after a flat tire. :(

Just got an email from my math TA that there's going to be no more online homework because WebAssign has so many issues!! Praise the Lord.

So proud girlfriend moment here! My boyfriend made my local news for the weekly "Never Say Never" segment that they do. It's a high school team that has a moment where the odds are against them, they never give up and then succeed! I just think it's really cool haha. So here is the video my boyfriend is Trevor throwing to his very best friend and my brother is number 3 at the end of the video proud sis moment too :p

Dexter Football and a Never Say Never Moment - Bangor | WABI TV5

Has anyone else seen the new "infomercial" Chipotle put out? I think it is really cool. It criticizes the fast food industry, but is also about how they (Chipotle) are committed to using truly natural products. There's no speaking, only music, and Chipotle's name isn't even shown in the ad until 3:17 of 3:23. Now, I'm not sure how entirely true the ad is (like whether or not Chipotle is just trying to "trick" customers) but it seemed pretty powerful and I thought I'd share! I saw it on facebook today. Plus I love eating at Chipotle!
Here's the link if you want to check it out:

Thanks for sharing this! I had not seen it before. When people look at me like I'm crazy for eating a vegan diet, I think I'll show them 1:30-1:35 (and yes, I know that's not a real cow) Kudos to the marketing team at Chipotle. @Just-a-Mom : please explain to your mktg group that the team that created this doesn't refer to a sports team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Thanks for sharing this! I had not seen it before. When people look at me like I'm crazy for eating a vegan diet, I think I'll show them 1:30-1:35 (and yes, I know that's not a real cow) Kudos to the marketing team at Chipotle. @Just-a-Mom : please explain to your mktg group that the team that created this doesn't refer to a sports team.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahaha! :D:D:D But did they use trucks? :cool:

Is it bad I told my mom that study abroad was required by my school?
No. Because study abroad should be required by LIFE. Seriously, it is the greatest thing to ever happen to the world and everyone should do it (or be given the finances to do it). In between the 10,000 pints I probably consumed my semester in Ireland, I learned SO much about cultures and people and education systems..

I hate having an actor conundrum. There are very few people I can ask for advice, and the few I can are involved in the situation. :rolleyes: Seriously, adults should not act like 5 year olds. It's disgusting..

Its encouraged by my school but not required necessarily. Theres ways to get around it like internships or you can do a five week culture thing where you take a class here about where you're going and then you go there for I think five weeks during winter or summer break. Id rather do a semester abroad. They even offer a semester at sea.
My kids have already been told it is mandatory for life, as @kristenthegreat said above. Look back, my two biggest regrets from college were not taking at least one Art History course, and not spending a semester if not a full year abroad. There is nothing like traveling on a shoestring budget while living in another country and fully experiencing their culture.

Thats exactly what Im afraid of. I dont want to look back and regret not doing this.
Then do everything you can to go. My parents were not into it at all - neither one of them had ever traveled abroad at that point, plus I had two younger siblings and money was tight - but had they felt about travel the way my husband and I felt about travel, they would have found a way to make it work. I went to Europe for the first time at age 26 with a friend of mine (I was actually already married but dh was a working musician at the time and was very busy) and although we did not stay in hostels (the true signs of college traveling) we did stay in pensions and most of the time didn't know where we were staying (let alone what country we would wind up in) until that afternoon. Fantastic trip! A lot of my friends went to London for a semester but I hope my oldest will wind up in Israel, Italy or France so I can go visit often. I think you gain so much perspective on life when you are taken out of your comfort zone and have to make a new one in another country. Even if you can't do a full semester, do a summer.

My kids have already been told it is mandatory for life, as @kristenthegreat said above. Look back, my two biggest regrets from college were not taking at least one Art History course, and not spending a semester if not a full year abroad. There is nothing like traveling on a shoestring budget while living in another country and fully experiencing their culture.
...I've done both. Art History was the HARDEST paper I've ever written in my life. That B was worth SOLID GOLD.

Back