OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I really miss being on here more. I am in the classroom for 27 hours a week (17 credits my butt) adding on staying after for open labs another 2-3 hours every day and an hour commute to school each way, I have no time for anything anymore. Oh grad school..... I don't know what I'm gonna do when comp season starts and I can't be on my computer watching updates all day. But on the plus side, I love my program!!

Do it! Not sure if it still does, but when I went the Tower lit up and was all sparkly and gorgeous. My friends and I always made sure to end our night there because it was so amazing.
I ended up not going up because the line was super long, but I did get gelato and watch it sparkle. That's probably my favorite part of Paris, is when the Tower sparkles!
But now I'm back in the states, headed home. And I am dead tired.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

if I get 4s/5s on all my AP tests I'll have something like 17 credit hours from this year. Reading what you guys say I'm so glad to some hours out of the way now...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

if I get 4s/5s on all my AP tests I'll have something like 17 credit hours from this year. Reading what you guys say I'm so glad to some hours out of the way now...

Yes! That was a great decision that I made. I went in to college with 22 credits. If I didn't have to take 8 extra prereqs for grad school I would have graduated in 3 years because of AP credits.

Yes! That was a great decision that I made. I went in to college with 22 credits. If I didn't have to take 8 extra prereqs for grad school I would have graduated in 3 years because of AP credits.
That's what I want to do! I could graduate this year and have 17-20 hours and miss my senior year of HS (ha, graduating early would suck)... But since all my required credits to graduate are out of the way I'm probably gonna just take a bunch of ap/college classes next year so I have a ton of hours going in. :D assuming I do well on my ap tests

That week is gonna be so crazy. The school wants you to be involved but then they do stuff like this and it sucks.
It really is hard to find that balance sometimes but the fact that you already recognize the need to do so is more than half the battle. Always get as much school work out of the way as far in advance as you can. Take advantage of any free time you have and get things completed even if they're not remotely close to bring due. It will definitely help take some of the pressure off.

That week is gonna be so crazy. The school wants you to be involved but then they do stuff like this and it sucks.
It really is hard to find that balance sometimes but the fact that you already recognize the need to do so is more than half the battle. Always get as much school work out of the way as far in advance as you can. Take advantage of any free time you have and get things completed even if they're not remotely close to bring due. It will definitely help take some of the pressure off.

Is 17 considered a lot? I only have 16 this semester and I definitely should have taken another 2 or 3 credit class. Everyone at my school takes 17-19 usually.

I'm taking only 13! I took 15 at most at my community college but here I'm only taking 13 and that's because that's the minimum I'm allowed to take. 9 are science classes and 4 are just two fun classes. It's a good load. I wouldn't be able to survive if I actually took all 13 as science classes. Or more than this. But next semester all 13 will have to be science classes but it will only be major/major related ones which is reasonable - I actually like my major lol.

But I was warned not to take 13 units if just science classes my first semester here

I tried doing that my senior year of hs, taking 1 dual credit english and 1 dual credit child development, thinking it would get some hours out of the way for college, but nope...didn't do a single thing :( I'm taking 13 hours this semester, and also working 20 hours on the weekend...so 17 sounds like death to me, this is the most i've ever taken!

Is 17 considered a lot? I only have 16 this semester and I definitely should have taken another 2 or 3 credit class. Everyone at my school takes 17-19 usually.
14/15 is probably average, 12 is the lowest you can go and still be a full time student so 17 is pretty up there. It also depends on your course load. I'm in all upper division courses as a sophomore so it's kicking my butt for sure.

Goodness me I am so stressed it's getting ridiculous, my parents are getting divorced, my dad's trying to get custody of my two younger siblings, I moved in with my dad to make the separation easier for him because he was depressed so because of that I now commute 2 hours each way to school have at least 7 hours of homework for each of my five classes plus my job on weekends. Agh oh well things could be worse anyways rant over you are all lovely people :) lol

In college I mostly took 18 credits a semester. My college has 4 credit courses and then you could either take an extra 2 credit course or two one credits.

I've also been told my school is weird because we had three hour classes. Most people say that they only had 2 and a half hours or an hour and forty five minutes. At my school you could either have an hour and a half , Three hours or even three hours and 15 or 30 minutes .

You should get The Fierce Board App!

Goodness me I am so stressed it's getting ridiculous, my parents are getting divorced, my dad's trying to get custody of my two younger siblings, I moved in with my dad to make the separation easier for him because he was depressed so because of that I now commute 2 hours each way to school have at least 7 hours of homework for each of my five classes plus my job on weekends. Agh oh well things could be worse anyways rant over you are all lovely people :) lol

It'll become easier, when my parents divorced in 6th grade I was miserable, I didn't speak to my dad at all (thought it was his fault, completely the opposite) throughout middle school, and resented him for splitting our family up...my mom had joint custody but we still saw my dad every other weekend, and while at the time I was crushed, with both my parents re-married and actually seeing them happy, makes me realize it was the right thing for them to do, and for us. And now i'm living with my dad and we've become really close, my mom lives in Mississippi with my step dad but time really does heal everything. I'm always here to talk if you need it! :)

I originally had a class that was 3 hours and 35 minutes long but it was once a week and a four credit class. I ended up dropping it because it was a night class
Oooh I feel you on long classes, me and my friend took an express intermediate math class (that I now found out we didn't have to take :mad:) and instead of it being 16 weeks long or whatever, it was 8 weeks long, so we had to sit through 2 hours and 45 minutes of math twice a week with the WORST teacher ever, and I was going to drop it but my mom forced me to stay in it, I made a 79 and she didn't even bump it up to a B....still bitter about it.

Back