OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I rarely purposefully double-post, as I know better. But this and my 'mum' post just didn't go together in any logical possibility.

So my sister's getting married on Sunday (yippee!!) and I'm her maid of honor. The basis of my speech: Every day at 4pm (that's when she's getting married), I've been posting a love song/song about family (aka Family from James and the Giant Peach). In the speech, I'm going to tie in every song to the two of us and our families.

For example: When life gets tough, just let Hootie and the Blowfish remind you that everyone here will take a little love, and some tenderness. And we'll walk upon the water, we'll rise above this mess. With a little peace, and some harmony, we'll take the world together, and walk the road a while.

HERE'S MY ISSUE: I need a love song boost. I know so many, my brain can't choose. Can I get a love song refresher? Preferably in the pop-rock circuit (we don't know a lot of country). Recent or oldies. The first three songs I've done are:

Hootie and the Blowfish: Hold My Hand
James and the Giant Peach: Family
Elton John/Ewan McGregor: Your Song

Any takers?

You're right. I'm convinced that the gluten allergy is a government ploy anyway. People have been glutening it up for years and now all of a sudden they want you to spend 4 extra dollars on gluten free-ness.....okay.

I was going to bring cup cakes to my time for twos storytime the day after my birthday, and have a storytime about birthdays (me basically, so that from an early age they can learn about the most important day of the year) and for a brief period I was like "what about the parents that wont let their kid eat a cup cake?!" and then the reasonable voice of Erin that gives 0 f-----s was like "they can get up and leave...this aint about them"

My mom grew up with using carnation instant milk as formula....look at her...still living.
Girl, you ooze sass all over this board. I think I'd really like you in person.

I'm curious, anyone else's college have a limit on the number of classes you can drop during your undergraduate studies? My college limits us to six dropped classes for the period of time we're in college (no matter the amount of years), and I was just thinking to myself the other day, how many people I know would be totally angry with that policy because I know a lot of them who drop at least one or two classes a year (if not at least one per semester), and would hit that six class limit in about three years.
We had an add/drop period that lasted the first 1 1/2 of the semester. You had time to determine if you wanted to take the class without it negatively affecting you if you dropped. You could also add other classes once you dropped one. I will never understand people who drop a class mid-semester, especially required classes. The "it was too hard" excuse drives me nuts-- college is hard! Manage your time correctly, get a tutor and you'll pass the first time. Plus, you've already paid so you might as well finish it.

My university let you override your initial grade in a class if you take it a second time and earn a better grade.

I'm in South Carolina and I've never heard of them until now. We got corsages. One for our wrist. Like prom.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
We got corsages for prom, but homecoming, your date and you get mums (like mine above) and you can decorate them any way you want (only seniors can have mostly white ones, but the underclassmen, at least at my old hs can only wear the school colors), the deals with mums, is just a 'sign' if you will to celebrate the whole homecoming game and dance, show your school spirit, and just over all for fun. Sorry if I'm not much help...it's hard to explain mums in the south... maybe @Angelica can help me out here lol

it's really common in the southern states

I really think it's just Texas. I don't know anyone in any other state that does this - even in the south. I think I love them. (Because they're sparkly). But they are sooooooo strange! I really just don't get it at all. Do you wear them all weekend? Just for photos? Just to the dance? The game? Why the teddy bears? Does everyone get one?

I'm curious, anyone else's college have a limit on the number of classes you can drop during your undergraduate studies? My college limits us to six dropped classes for the period of time we're in college (no matter the amount of years), and I was just thinking to myself the other day, how many people I know would be totally angry with that policy because I know a lot of them who drop at least one or two classes a year (if not at least one per semester), and would hit that six class limit in about three years.

I can see where this would be annoying, but think how annoying it is for the schools. They have to have teachers for all those kids who sign up for classes. And classrooms. All that costs money. Helps eliminate some of that because people think more before signing up for classes.

And as for hitting the limit in 3 years - in your 4th year, you're usually a senior (usually...I'm in about my 20th year of college, but I am finally a senior!!! :oops: ) I don't think seniors are dropping any classes - at least they shouldn't be!

I really think it's just Texas. I don't know anyone in any other state that does this - even in the south. I think I love them. (Because they're sparkly). But they are sooooooo strange! I really just don't get it at all. Do you wear them all weekend? Just for photos? Just to the dance? The game? Why the teddy bears? Does everyone get one?
Oh wow! Well I guess it is just a Texan thing then! We wear them the friday of the homecoming football game, some wear them to the game itself (I didn't...didn't want to ruin it or risk it getting stepped on and all that). We only wear them to school the Friday of the homecoming weekend, not to the dance or even the pictures before the dance. Teddy bears, just to add a cute touch, I put a K and a crown on mine because I don't like the bears...too overused. Not everyone gets them, they're soooo expensive, mine (pictured last page) was $150-$200, but it was my senior year and that was one thing my mom wanted to splurge on since I'll keep it forever (still in my room today ;)) If you can afford it, (some can run up to $300, but low as $40, depending on how much 'flash' and bling you want) and frankly if you want one, not everyone has to wear them...just all in Texas high school football fun ;) Hope I answered some of your questions...feel free to ask more! :)

I got cut off by someone again on tv from footage of the student section at the game. Although you can see part of my head for one second...

Everytime I'm cut off...

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board
Lol ok so I'm a high school cheerleader so I wasn't in the student section, but our game was televised a couple weeks ago and my friends made me a poster that says "our Cyd got into Bama" like our kid got into Bama:p cuz I got my acceptance letter from univ. of Alabama a few weeks ago. Anyways, they got really excited because the camera crew got it on film so they were hoping it was gonna be on tv... Long story short they only showed about 1/3 of the sign. the rest got cut off:( I was so sad!

Oh wow! Well I guess it is just a Texan thing then! We wear them the friday of the homecoming football game, some wear them to the game itself (I didn't...didn't want to ruin it or risk it getting stepped on and all that). We only wear them to school the Friday of the homecoming weekend, not to the dance or even the pictures before the dance. Teddy bears, just to add a cute touch, I put a K and a crown on mine because I don't like the bears...too overused. Not everyone gets them, they're soooo expensive, mine (pictured last page) was $150-$200, but it was my senior year and that was one thing my mom wanted to splurge on since I'll keep it forever (still in my room today ;)) If you can afford it, (some can run up to $300, but low as $40, depending on how much 'flash' and bling you want) and frankly if you want one, not everyone has to wear them...just all in Texas high school football fun ;) Hope I answered some of your questions...feel free to ask more! :)
Do you buy your own mum? I always just assumed that the guy you were going with bought it for you. Like if he really liked you he got you a huge one or something. Lol

We got corsages for prom, but homecoming, your date and you get mums (like mine above) and you can decorate them any way you want (only seniors can have mostly white ones, but the underclassmen, at least at my old hs can only wear the school colors), the deals with mums, is just a 'sign' if you hard to explain mums in the south... maybe @Angelica can help me out here lol
My high school didn't have a homecoming dance. However for the homecoming game the football players gave the cheerleaders corsages and we wore jerseys

It's also weird to hear Texas referred to as the south. While it is tha southern state I don't think of it being the "south".

This might help with the mum questions:
12 Things Non-Texans Need To Know About Homecoming Mums

So do you wear it to the dance or just school and the game? Also, are dances after the game? I always see Instagram pics of people from Texas in GORGEOUS dresses, hair done, etc but ours is not nearly as fancy and sometimes it's right after the game.

Back