OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So today some guy in my first class decided it would be funny to pepper spray our classroom half way through class. I sit right in front of him and it felt like someone was tearing a knife through my throat. No one could breath in our classroom, so our teacher had us evacuate. We stood outside and when the bell rang for the next class, everyone coming into the hallway from other classes started coughing like crazy, too. Our associate principal and the nurse came right away and brought us to the middle of the school for fresh air. They gave us all a ton of milk and washed out our eyes. I'm so mad because we all ended up missing our second class and I missed a very important discussion covering material on my AP Lit test on Monday. We weren't allowed to go back into the classroom until the fire department came and decontaminated it, so we were walking around for a few classes without any of our stuff. The fire department only let us back in for a maximum 10 seconds each to get our stuff later that day. My throat still burns and it's painful to drink anything :(
In other news, I cheered at my last high school football game ever tonight. We got our butts kicked. Hasn't really been the best day for me.

ETA: The two nice things about the game, though, were that we had a HUGE student turnout and it was only in the low to mid 80's during the game, which is a lot cooler than some of the games we've had lately :)

Last edited:
So today some guy in my first class decided it would be funny to pepper spray our classroom half way through class.
Deleted stuff for space but, Whaaaat?!? Who in their right mind would think it would be a good idea to use pepper spray in the middle of class? What did he think was going to happen?! So stupid. Hopefully he'll get some strict repercussions and foot the bill for the fire department having to be dispatched.

Deleted stuff for space but, Whaaaat?!? Who in their right mind would think it would be a good idea to use pepper spray in the middle of class? What did he think was going to happen?! So stupid. Hopefully he'll get some strict repercussions and foot the bill for the fire department having to be dispatched.
It was so stupid. I just don't understand what was going through his mind! The fire department said we need to throw out any food, drinks, chapsticks, make up, etc that was in the classroom even if it was sealed. Our school provided lunch for everyone that had to throw theirs out, but people think he should have to pay for the stuff that people lost. I really don't think our teacher will allow him back into class. Which means he will most likely have an F on his transcript.

It was so stupid. I just don't understand what was going through his mind! The fire department said we need to throw out any food, drinks, chapsticks, make up, etc that was in the classroom even if it was sealed. Our school provided lunch for everyone that had to throw theirs out, but people think he should have to pay for the stuff that people lost. I really don't think our teacher will allow him back into class. Which means he will most likely have an F on his transcript.
Good! That's just so incredibly stupid. The stupidest thing I've seen students do is call a fake bomb threat to get out of a test, but at least they're not actually putting people in danger, just wasting emergency services time. Plus ruining school for a day. But pepper spray can really hurt people. Like I'm sure there are people in your school and class probably that had asthma, and that must have been awful for them. Seriously, what was he thinking?!?!

I am surprised the school isn't suspending him or worse.

*if a cheerleader retires early, before aging out, do they receive reduced benefits?*

2 AM here and I can't sleep so obviously I'm just gonna watch cheer videos until I fall asleep. Stumbled on NCA's Summer 2015 Promo video and screamed when I saw myself. I love my job and I can't wait for summer 2015!
5of81j.jpg

*bonus points if you find me*

I've been thinking about this for a while... There should be a documentary about the dangers of cheerleading. Yeah, there's a few about cheer already, but those focus on competition and emphasizing the athleticism. I'd like to see one that looks into catastrophic injuries and deaths that have resulted from cheer, but still emphasizes the athleticism. There's been a few fluff pieces about it on Good Morning America and the Today Show but I think something full length would be more effective, and could show lawmakers and high school athletic governing bodies what modern cheer is. If only I had the time, money, resources, guts, etc... I can dream, can't I?

Good! That's just so incredibly stupid. The stupidest thing I've seen students do is call a fake bomb threat to get out of a test, but at least they're not actually putting people in danger, just wasting emergency services time. Plus ruining school for a day. But pepper spray can really hurt people. Like I'm sure there are people in your school and class probably that had asthma, and that must have been awful for them. Seriously, what was he thinking?!?!
There's actually someone in my class who has asthma and forgot his inhaler today. The nurse called his parents right away and he posted on Facebook about an hour later that he's ok, so that's good, but I'm sure what he's feeling is so much worse than the rest of us!

Back