New Post Ratings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I have added new post rating abilities to the board. You can now positively rate posts (Shimmy, Like, Funny, and Informative) as well as negatively rate posts (Dislike, Old, Gossip, and Bullying).

Eventually your positive posts will determine what gets tweeted out to let everyone know something interesting is going on.

Your negative ratings will help lower the amount of negative threads and help moderators keep track of them. Possibly allowing users to close threads if voted to close enough or flag for moderation.

Enjoy the new system!

When you rate something negatively, does it show who rated it? For instance, does it say "Just-a-Mom says your an old, gossipy bully!"? (I know that's not what old means... But I'm sure some of these kids will rate our old fuddy duddy parent posts as "old " anyway!)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I can change old to Old Topic if needed.

And yes it does.

I can change old to Old Topic if needed.

And yes it does.

Either way - I think it's funny when they call us old, so it's fine by me if it gets used both ways.

"Why can't juniors go to worlds?"
"Old"

"Oooooooooh these uniforms are too revealing!"
" :rolleyes: Old!"

:D

I'll have to get on the computer more now! This seems interesting. Thanks king!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Let's let these evole a bit before adding more

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question but when looking at the list of threads.. what does it mean when there's the mini shimmy gif and a number next to some of the threads? Is that shimmys to the original post... YOUR personal shimmys in the thread...?

This may be a dumb question but when looking at the list of threads.. what does it mean when there's the mini shimmy gif and a number next to some of the threads? Is that shimmys to the original post... YOUR personal shimmys in the thread...?
looks like it's the shimmy's the original post received

So :
Shimmy = like the post
Like = like the thread?

Im confuzzled!

Shimmy is the one you can do from the app, but it is still called Like in the app. They are supposed to add a custom name option soon. I kept Like to have something opposite Dislike.

But some of the negative threads are the most interesting ones that everyone should read!

Doesn't mean they will get deleted. I'm working on a system so they can be monitored. Id rather very little ever get deleted. Possibly if a thread is flagged enough it just loses the ability to be bumped or seen in new replies and tweeted out. That's my current plan.

Back