All-Star New Practicewear 2013/2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My team did something similar. Every Thursday after school/before practice we would have to decorate the "football hallway" with signs and streamers etc for all of the fall sports teams.

At the beginning of the year we would give one of the moms a certain amount of money and they would make lunch bags w sandwiches, chips, an apple, candy bar and gatorade for the football players and cheerleaders. I'm not sure if the football players contributed to paying for it but I'm almost positive the cheer moms always put them together.

I don't think there were ever any complaints from the boys. On the buss the cheerleaders and football players would always trade each other their sandwiches for candybars and stuff, it was always so fun lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm so glad we don't do anything for the players. The only thing we did last year was help make their senior night posters... Which was just a paper "football jersey" with their name and number that we had to glue on. And the senior cheerleaders did it.

When I cheered in high school out football players were so appreciative. For homecoming they let us wear jerseys and gave us corsages. They would thank us (even the coaches) for our run throughs. The players would get excited and act like little kids when we decorated the locker room....which mainly consisted of us throwing candy, balloons and streamers on the floor and then running out because it smelled so bad

Granted when I first started high school cheer in 9th grade we had the longest losing streak in the state 24 games.....so they were probably just grateful that we showed up.

When I cheered in high school out football players were so appreciative. For homecoming they let us wear jerseys and gave us corsages. They would thank us (even the coaches) for our run throughs. The players would get excited and act like little kids when we decorated the locker room....which mainly consisted of us throwing candy, balloons and streamers on the floor and then running out because it smelled so bad

Granted when I first started high school cheer in 9th grade we had the longest losing streak in the state 24 games.....so they were probably just grateful that we showed up.

Maybe we went to the same high school :D

My HS was brand new---the first year I attended was the first year it held all 4 grades. I hear they do better now, but they lost every single game for the first two years I was there and one HS actually took pity on us and threw our homecoming game so we could win my Junior year.

We did little posters. They had a "wall of shame" for ones they didn't like.

Personally, I didn't like how they were 2-6 and 3-5 the two years I cheered high school...

Oh my gosh. I feel so bad for you guys. Having a (very) successful football team is SO much fun

we had undefeated soccer and lacrosse teams, and a hockey team that would make it deep in the state playoffs each year. so we could tolerate football sucking :)

we had undefeated soccer and lacrosse teams, and a hockey team that would make it deep in the state playoffs each year. so we could tolerate football sucking :)
:) football went undefeated (until playoffs) but we got the conference triple crown this year too so that was fun (football, basketball, baseball)
ETA: you cheer for those sports? That's so cool

Lol just thought I'd contribute: Our football team does this thing where if they start losing, they give up. So that's how our seasons go every year, but this year they sucked a little less and kept a decent record. I mean, not playoff-decent but good. Then, at the last game of the season they decide to beat the number one 3A team in the state (I mean, really?) and shock everyone, and bump up and make it to playoffs for the first time in 10 years. Then they got slaughtered by number 3 after we had to ride a bus three and a half hours there.
Other than that, I live in a town where softball is life and if you don't play softball you're irrelevant and the softball team gets special treatment and is like the greatest thing that ever happened to our school. (They were state runners up this year but still.)

We made locker decorations every week, which were just a little poster (everyone got the same one, we just printed off a bunch of copies) on a regular sized sheet of paper with their name and number on it, and then we painted a huge sign for the cafeteria that usually matched the locker signs. For homecoming in addition to the other stuff each player had a painted sign in the cafeteria which (if it wasn't windy) got moved to the field and hung up around it on the fence. We also did a huge run thru sign.

There never were complaints. Homecoming week we were always invited to the weekly football spaghetti dinner the Thursday before the game. They thanked us and we each got a rose.

ETA: Basketball wanted locker signs too one year but we said no way since they have a million games and it's during the heart of competition season. I think now they have one locker sign that's laminated and stays up all season for them.

We made locker decorations every week, which were just a little poster (everyone got the same one, we just printed off a bunch of copies)
Everyone talks about doing locker decorations every week. We put them up the first or second week and keep them on lockers as long as they'll stay up, often way past football season. And it's not just football. Football gets them, we get them, dance team gets them, volleyball gets them, band did their own

Everyone talks about doing locker decorations every week. We put them up the first or second week and keep them on lockers as long as they'll stay up, often way past football season. And it's not just football. Football gets them, we get them, dance team gets them, volleyball gets them, band did their own

We don't even use lockers. So no locker decorations here!

By the end of the season they usually all kept them all up and keep them up until they fall down or put them inside their lockers. The volleyball parents do theirs, I think the dance team captains did theirs and one of the cheer parents did ours (we usually only got them for big competitions, like Nationals). I've been out of high school for two years now so things might have changed since we got a new athletic director.

Our football team went 2-8 this year, they had a former Philadelphia eagle as the coach and he ended up getting arrested halfway through the season :/ my school is only 7 years old and I think the best season we've had is 5-5

Back