New Random Thread 4

Discussion in 'Random' started by Ashley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. CoachTamara

CoachTamara Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    tamaraerdes
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I think the real question for me is the why. WHY do you need a theme? At this point, it's overdone and rarely stands out in a good way. Let the skills speak for themselves. Please. I can't take another poorly done mess of coaches trying to make motions and formations that fit your "theme".

2. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    ANOTHER ROUTINE I WAS VICTIMIZED BY - THE ACE TEAM WITH THE ALADDIN THEME AND THAT GIANT FABRIC THING.

I also remember being rather disappointed by the WCSS NYC themed elite stunt because it starts off with so much difficulty with the toss/ball but has no difficulty in body positions because it just awkwardly torches twice at the "statue of liberty" part. I know it was supposed to resemble the statue but there was so much potential!

3. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    [/QUOTE] Lol ACE's 2004 country theme, East Elite's faith/religion and time/wait themes, Green Bay Elite Lime's broadway themes, Cheer Dynasty's Hairspray and gospel themes, Georgia All Stars wedding theme, and many others beg to differ.

A lot of those teams went to worlds.

You can have any (age-appropriate) random theme and make it work. Some people just dont do a good job of it.[/QUOTE]

I mean teams can do any theme they want. Doesn’t mean they should.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  4. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I think it can help a team stand out since the skills kind of blend together these days. I remember themed routines more, but that’s just me.

Also, to me it always suggested a touch more thought was invested into a routine because back when you could still use actual music, a themed routine meant sitting around and thinking of appropriate songs instead of just falling back on the usual, one-size-fits-all cheer music. It’s a bit different now with all the cheer music producers, but back when I was cheering a theme made you pay attention more because you knew the attention to detail that went into it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  5. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This. The only theme/prop I can remember that complimented the routine (with the exception of some of TGLC's over the years) was Ace Warriors pom poms and WCSS Lola during their dance. And if I were a team that basically had a world championship in the bag and lost it solely because of a theme/prop gone wrong I would never even consider doing one again. I just don't get it.

6. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Edit: nah.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  7. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  8. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
  9. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I find these OMM types of people to be a bunch of pervs. They’re SO concerned about others do in their private lives, it’s sick. I’ve been to a Weho Halloween, but it’s these people that make me think, “That’s really inappropriate.”

10. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Whatever happens tomorrow, stay safe everyone!

11. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I teach. I have already seen some ugly stuff in my area. I am tempted to call in sick at work, but won't let myself.

12. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yeah man. It’s going to be ugly either way. And I’m legit not sure who is more dangerous. The Trumpers are more brazen (Biden bus incident, anyone?) but the Dems are just so, so tired of it all.

13. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I was at Target yesterday with my son. There were a group of Trump supporters with signs standing on the side. A lady who had a buzz haircut walked out to her car. They yelled ugly things at her. She took the high rode and didn't respond, but it made me feel sick to my stomach. I already feel anxious.

14. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yeah I just want to go dark for the next few days until things are more or less settled. The polls are already giving me anxiety even though I already knew the race would be tightening in some states at this point since Trumpers are expected to vote in person.

But whatever happens, I think the fact that Texas, Georgia, North Carolina are even in talks to go blue is so interesting. I don't think they will, but prior to this I always viewed them as West Virginia-level red. The fact that they're now officially purple is very telling.

15. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Now that I actually live here opposed to just being a college student in the state many years ago, totally get this and had to laugh.