OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What would one wear to a wedding outdoors... at a zoo? and not in a reception pavilion like a literal animal exhibit. Obviously for shoes I'm thinking wedges because heels and dirt seems no bueno. Dress suggestions?

I hate wedding season.

What would one wear to a wedding outdoors... at a zoo? and not in a reception pavilion like a literal animal exhibit. Obviously for shoes I'm thinking wedges because heels and dirt seems no bueno. Dress suggestions?

I hate wedding season.
I went to a wedding at the Aquarium in Brooklyn. It was one of the best I have been to!

What month is the wedding in and what city? I think that makes a difference as well.

I went to a wedding at the Aquarium in Brooklyn. It was one of the best I have been to!

What month is the wedding in and what city? I think that makes a difference as well.

I know Camden, NJ is the shadiest place in the country, but some of the weddings I've seen in their aquarium are stunning. There's a reception hall on the other side of the tanks not accessible to the public so the fish are still the backdrop to the wedding. If my guests' lives weren't at risk in the parking lot I would absolutely consider a wedding there.

This is end of June. and a suburb of Boston-ish maybe? lol def Massachusetts. I'm only the date and don't have the invitation on hand lol so I'm estimating mid 70's for ceremony temperature and cooler low 60s high 50s at night? It's just again the same dilemma of I'm used to extravagant NJ weddings and don't know what to do and wear in other settings

I know Camden, NJ is the shadiest place in the country, but some of the weddings I've seen in their aquarium are stunning. There's a reception hall on the other side of the tanks not accessible to the public so the fish are still the backdrop to the wedding. If my guests' lives weren't at risk in the parking lot I would absolutely consider a wedding there.

This is end of June. and a suburb of Boston-ish maybe? lol def Massachusetts. I'm only the date and don't have the invitation on hand lol so I'm estimating mid 70's for ceremony temperature and cooler low 60s high 50s at night? It's just again the same dilemma of I'm used to extravagant NJ weddings and don't know what to do and wear in other settings
I have a few sundresses that I bought from Express a few years ago that are my go to for weddings when I don't know the settings/couple etc. Can't go wrong.

Since I know there are some computer savvy people on the board:

I'm probably going to have to get a new laptop pretty soon. I'm considering going to grad school, but even if I don't my last year of undergrad is going to be really computer heavy.
I'm looking for a PC with enough power to have programs like MATLAB, Mathematica, R, and Latex and still have good speed. Any recommendations on where to start, what kind of processing power I should look for, etc? Thanks!

Since I know there are some computer savvy people on the board:

I'm probably going to have to get a new laptop pretty soon. I'm considering going to grad school, but even if I don't my last year of undergrad is going to be really computer heavy.
I'm looking for a PC with enough power to have programs like MATLAB, Mathematica, R, and Latex and still have good speed. Any recommendations on where to start, what kind of processing power I should look for, etc? Thanks!
Not sure if you can wait until grad school, but retired CP #1's school included a new macbook as part of her grad school program.

Am I the only one who isnt amused or find it funny when brands try to appeal to my generation by being savage on twitter. Nfinity has been trying that over the last week or so and it was annoying but not too bad. But tonight a comment that references the tapes from 13 reasons why kind of pushed my buttons enough to unfollow. :oops:

Well Aaron Hernandez committed suicide last night. Cant say I'm surprised, to go from playing for the patriots to prison got to be a rough fall in life.

I just saw somewhere that his lawyer said it could be a murder
I'm sure it's part of his lawyer's job to conduct a full investigation, but according to reports I don't see how it could be anything but a suicide. He was in a single cell and had stacked several things against the door, trying to block it from the inside.

I mostly just feel bad for his daughter. Aaron had all the opportunity in the world and threw it away.

Last edited:
I just saw somewhere that his lawyer said it could be a murder
I'm just shaking my head at all of these conspiracy theories that are going around on social media. Hernandez was locked up 10 minutes from my house. Given what I have heard about him from people who work at the prison and as @cheerKT said, I'm guessing no one was involved in his death but him.

I'm sure it's part of his lawyer's job to conduct a full investigation, but according to reports I don't see how it could be anything but a suicide. He was in a single cell and had stacked several things against the door, trying to block it from the inside.

I mostly just feel bad for his daughter. Aaron had all the opportunity in the world and threw it away.
Oh I'm not saying I agree with the lawyer. No doubt in my mind it was suicide. It's a shame he had so much opportunities and he wasted them all. His poor family.

Back