OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have been on here since 2012 I never posted anything though because I gave into and listened to all(well most) the cheer blogs on tumblr who said this board was full of bitter people and I just wanted to say everyone on here I have encountered have been nothing but nice.
I think they meant "better" people ;). I'm glad you had a changed your mind. Happy postings.

This has been the worst year for me professionally. Lots of negativity. My boss retired, got 2 interim bosses- who are both on a power trip. Tonight my permanent new boss was announced and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Whew!!

Not cheer related, but had to share that somewhere. Facebook isn't safe because my current boss has spies who print out my posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2659_zpsqywxldt7.jpg

I also had a baby. He's pretty sweet, but I definitely don't have time for Fierceboard like I used to. Couldn't bear to miss worlds week though :enjoyshow:

I've been so busy studying for the CPA that I completely forgot worlds was this weekend. My exam is in one week and I woke up feeling like I'm in the The Ring and just got the "you're gonna die in 7 days" call

I've been so busy studying for the CPA that I completely forgot worlds was this weekend. My exam is in one week and I woke up feeling like I'm in the The Ring and just got the "you're gonna die in 7 days" call

Good luck!!! You've got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Fyre Festival debacle is absolutely fascinating. Thousands of people stuck on a muddy island that looked like a tent city, without their luggage, without adequate food or water, locked into airports...

This Fyre Festival debacle is absolutely fascinating. Thousands of people stuck on a muddy island that looked like a tent city, without their luggage, without adequate food or water, locked into airports...
While some of the kids were jerks I couldn't feel bad for (one dude was screenshotted on Twitter making fun of San Franciscoans (correct demonym?) who had lost power and we're stuck in cable cars, only to be stranded with nothing himself a few days later), I don't think it's fair to say that they all deserved it just because they are rich. Some of the stories were crazy; I read from one attendee that a security guard for the event punched a kid in the face and took his wallet. I read Tom MacFarland's (Ja Rule's close friend and co-organizer) explanation of everything, and you can tell that things went wrong early. Their process for picking the Exuma Cay was basically 'ooooh, pretty island!' *DeeDee voice*. You never throw an event like this without the help of an experienced event planner. What if one of the reported feral dogs had attacked one of the festival goers, or worse? The man can't even get his finances together so I'm not surprised that more thought went into marketing than actually execution.

Who wants to bet anyone will show up to the makeup date next year?

While some of the kids were jerks I couldn't feel bad for (one dude was screenshotted on Twitter making fun of San Franciscoans (correct demonym?) who had lost power and we're stuck in cable cars, only to be stranded with nothing himself a few days later), I don't think it's fair to say that they all deserved it just because they are rich. Some of the stories were crazy; I read from one attendee that a security guard for the event punched a kid in the face and took his wallet. I read Tom MacFarland's (Ja Rule's close friend and co-organizer) explanation of everything, and you can tell that things went wrong early. Their process for picking the Exuma Cay was basically 'ooooh, pretty island!' *DeeDee voice*. You never throw an event like this without the help of an experienced event planner. What if one of the reported feral dogs had attacked one of the festival goers, or worse? The man can't even get his finances together so I'm not surprised that more thought went into marketing than actually execution.

Who wants to bet anyone will show up to the makeup date next year?
I think it was more than just basic incompetence. I think it was a scam. Even if they didn't intentionally defraud people just to get money, they lied about a heck of a lot. And they didn't cancel the event once things started to go wrong.

The 'private island' was a muddy allotment near a Sandals resort.
The 'luxury villas' were disaster relief tents.
The 'haute cuisine' was bread with cheese and lettuce.
The music acts weren't paid properly, and mostly all pulled out.

All in all, it's one of the more amazing news stories I've seen recently.

Latest posts

Back