New Random Thread 4

Discussion in 'Random' started by Ashley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. ErinS

ErinS Slow your roll, Sparkle. World Champion GIF Poster

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I doubt it. I think we're going to keep waiting for him to do something worse so that impeachment will be a done deal....then the next thing we know 4 years will be up and we're electing April the Giraffe President her calf VP.

I'd love to be wrong tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Official OWECheer

Official OWECheer Most likely to post anywhere

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    OWECheer
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    That's not what I got from it. I got the sense that he deeply resented his mom for years because of how she treated Lola. He was clear about how evil his mom was toward her, even mentioning that Lola was hardly a footnote in her countless diary entries. That was really messed up. It was as if she wasn't even human to the mother. And the way she got all petty and jealous when the kids would stand up for Lola was disgusting.

3. TheVipersMom

TheVipersMom Biggest (stalker) Fan '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
  4. nicolee

nicolee Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I quite honestly think he'll be ousted well before the end of his term.

Whether that's now or in a year, I don't know.

While we keep waiting for him to do something worse, instead of getting him now, he'll just keep screwing up in slightly smaller, slightly less illegal ways.

5. TealShades

TealShades I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    I spent 15 minutes looking for my phone when I remembered I set it to charge in my living room.

6. dat.jpp

dat.jpp I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    My whole family and I mean my parents, cousins, uncles, aunts, you name it, are all republicans. While I'm here as a Center- Democrat...

This is how me and my parents argue sometimes:

Me: So if you want people to live a happy life, why did you vote for trump and pence since they doesn't want certain people to come here. Isn't that profiling and not having a religious freedom and for LGBT people and rights even though your Catholics yourselves? Aren't christians in general supposed to accept and love everyone?
    Parents: Well it's because were republicans and we love god and we don't want people to think that its right to be gay (yes they said that straight to face) because its not natural (my dad even said that its a disease once).
    Me: Well I mean, if god truly doesn't like it, don't you think he would kill us all and kill those who has abortions? (Although, I'm anti-abortion myself, I'm still open-minded about things.)
    Mom: I think its a good idea for you to go to a Catholic high school since you always say you want to go to a catholic school.

7. dat.jpp

dat.jpp I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    April 2020!!! Is she going to run as an Independent Environmentalist? She got my vote :D

8. RobinSparkles

RobinSparkles Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    _robin_sparkles
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Yeah, at least the author acknowledged how terribly they treated her and how he should have done more to help. But reading about the place his mother worked at, it doesn't surprise me. (It's closed now, but all sorts of human rights violations happened there.)

And on another note, it makes me happy to see that some journalists in Canada are actually resigning after one said they should set up a "cultural appropriation prize". And that the man many people described as Canada's version of Donald Trump dropped out of the leadership race for the federal Conservative party.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Official OWECheer

Official OWECheer Most likely to post anywhere

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    OWECheer
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I've searched for my glasses while they were sitting on my face. It happens.

10. RileyElizabeth99

RileyElizabeth99 I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot Worlds T-Shirt Designer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I graduate High School tomorrow night and just thought I would share my cap decoration. I wasn't technically allowed to decorate my cap so I got a bit creative with scrapbook paper and some markers.![​IMG]

11. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    OMG YES!!! Love that ride lol

12. cheerisloving

cheerisloving I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    My friend told me to follow her on finsta..I told her that instagram pulls her profile up for people I know.

I know I'm an old millennial because I don't get the appeal. Most of the finstas I follow are just things you would want to post to Twitter but can't because people follow you. Like things about s/o or parents. I just would send these things in texts or keep them to mysel.

You're a journo right? We discussed at length whether finstas were appropriate for reporters that follow a certain beat. I know i don't want to follow politics but my post grad job might require a more neutral profile, so I have considered making my accounts private if that were to happen.

13. njallday

njallday Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Wait a "finsta" is just a second instagram account that's private? Oh man I thought it was a new app... I'll see my apparently old, un-hip, self out.

Or maybe I am hip because my instagram has been private to a select audience from day one?

14. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle. National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The silly thing is that while finsta is supposed to be private they wind up with as many followers on their finsta as on their rinsta. They just can't stop posting EVERYTHING, it's a serious problem. As if they don't post it, it didn't happen. They just always need to remember that nothing posted online is private, ever.

15. Nikki Moore

Nikki Moore I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Nixxy311
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    So - I'm so disappointed in yearbooks these days. Does anyone else still have well made yearbooks in MS and HS? Is there still a yearbook staff?

When I was in MS, you could be on the YB staff in 8th grade (it was a year long class) and you did everything - came up with the theme, took pictures, wrote caption, wrote stories about every class, etc. In HS, it was similar but the kids really did mostly everything. Even had to go out and sell ads. We did so much work and our YBs were awesome.

Now it's just like a mess of pictures put together - with no real information at all. Half the time, they aren't even put together in a coherent order.

Does anyone still have nicely made YBs? I haven't seen the HS yearbooks so maybe they are better.