OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If your up-and-coming yearbook club ever gets more money, consider getting Adobe InDesign (a program in Adobe's Creative Suite along with Photoshop) - it will make creating the year book a million times easier compared to Photoshop.

ETA: I was in Yearbook in 9th grade as that-club-you-join-because-it-looks-good-on-your-college-application-to-be-involved-in-your-school-in-some-way club. I freaking hated it so much.

Will do. Thanks. We actually have a pretty decent budget (actually better than decent). I wish this discussion came up a week ago when I was trying to spend 10k by May 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait a "finsta" is just a second instagram account that's private? Oh man I thought it was a new app... I'll see my apparently old, un-hip, self out.

Or maybe I am hip because my instagram has been private to a select audience from day one?
It's okay lol I'm young and up until last month I though finsta was some sort of instagram knock off app. :confused:

So - I'm so disappointed in yearbooks these days. Does anyone else still have well made yearbooks in MS and HS? Is there still a yearbook staff?

When I was in MS, you could be on the YB staff in 8th grade (it was a year long class) and you did everything - came up with the theme, took pictures, wrote caption, wrote stories about every class, etc. In HS, it was similar but the kids really did mostly everything. Even had to go out and sell ads. We did so much work and our YBs were awesome.

Now it's just like a mess of pictures put together - with no real information at all. Half the time, they aren't even put together in a coherent order.

Does anyone still have nicely made YBs? I haven't seen the HS yearbooks so maybe they are better.
My high school had nice year books. We had a year-book committee and our broadcast department has been best in the state for years now. Middle school was a pretty average soft cover but there was still effort put into it. I think yearbook was an elective but I can't remember. Not sure how my sister's hs does things but her freshman year yearbook was pretty nice with a cute theme.

You're a journo right? We discussed at length whether finstas were appropriate for reporters that follow a certain beat. I know i don't want to follow politics but my post grad job might require a more neutral profile, so I have considered making my accounts private if that were to happen.

I am a journo, yeah. I think it's fine for people to have a protected instagram and a public instagram, (like if I were planning a wedding or something) but I just have the one account.

Haha, for years my kids elementary school YB was always full of pictures of the popular kids too. Their moms would send in tons and tons of photos of them and I would see them on every page. This year, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not notice an abundance of photos of any one child or group of children. Whoever took over YB, really made an effort to represent all/most of the students.

I don't know who did our elementary school yearbook but it was pretty diverse in who was in it and who wasn't.

My high school yearbook actually kept track of who was on what page in the back. Obviously the more clubs/sports you did the more you were in it, but I know my friend who was the editor for two years, worked hard to make sure people were not in it too much, even if they were her friends.

I like to think they were pretty good once they switched from a less enthusiastic teacher to one with more umph

Just heard about the Ariana Grande concert explosion. Horrified. I feel awful for all of the victims and their families, and can't imagine the guilt she must feel knowing that it happened at her concert. :(

Just heard about the Ariana Grande concert explosion. Horrified. I feel awful for all of the victims and their families, and can't imagine the guilt she must feel knowing that it happened at her concert. :(

I saw it on the news at the gym and my heart dropped. I go to so many concerts and so do friends. Music is a safe place for many people and its becoming dangerous to go to concerts.

That poor girl must be heartbroken. In no way was it her fault and yet she must feel so much guilt.

The fact that her fanbase is predominantly very young, and that a lot of kids were at this concert, just makes everything worse.

So many prayers to those affected.

I'm totally shaken. It's so sad and scary that this can happen at any time. I have been to so many concerts like that including ariana and a the possibility of an attack never once crossed my mind. I know I will never again complain about bag searches, pat downs, and metal detectors at the entrances it's so scary

I saw it on the news at the gym and my heart dropped. I go to so many concerts and so do friends. Music is a safe place for many people and its becoming dangerous to go to concerts.
So many young people and children... :-(

Not only concerts but arenas in general... I finally finished college (20 yrs in the making) and my commencement is this Wednesday at a huge arena which usually hosts concerts and hockey games etc.... I'm torn about my kids going to watch mommy get her degree because now I'm just scared. I truly emailed my university president asking if security was going to be raised at the arena and around!! (I'm in the tie-state area - NJ/NYC) when I read NYPD was raising security in certain areas and venues my heart started racing and DH doesn't know if he wants the kids there. It's like omg we are not safe to do anything....

My 13 yo neighbour and her friend were at the concert. My neighbour got a bit of shrapnel in her leg but is ok, and her friend has to have surgery. Before it happened my mum and I had been thinking about going into Manchester today. It's scary whenever you hear these things on the news but terrifying when it's so close to home.

First of the victims has been named and is an 18 year old girl. My heart is breaking right now, this world can be so cruel.

Last edited:

Not only concerts but arenas in general... I finally finished college (20 yrs in the making) and my commencement is this Wednesday at a huge arena which usually hosts concerts and hockey games etc.... I'm torn about my kids going to watch mommy get her degree because now I'm just scared. I truly emailed my university president asking if security was going to be raised at the arena and around!! (I'm in the tie-state area - NJ/NYC) when I read NYPD was raising security in certain areas and venues my heart started racing and DH doesn't know if he wants the kids there. It's like omg we are not safe to do anything....

Congratulations on graduating. Whether they can attend or not I know your kids are proud of you.

My school is/was small. Around 700 graduate each year including our grad programs. They get local police involved and have drug and bomb sniffing dogs walking around since we have commencement outside. It's crazy how a small school has to take those measures. The only people who really know about the school are from the area or go there/know people who go there

Is it crazy to start thinking about these huge cheer venues like NCA and all the other 2 day comps held at huge convention centers?? I mean I've always thought about it in the back of my head but now I've been thinking about it since last night to the point where I didn't go to sleep till 5 AM. I hate when I over analyze everything...

Back