OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Is it crazy to start thinking about these huge cheer venues like NCA and all the other 2 day comps held at huge convention centers?? I mean I've always thought about it in the back of my head but now I've been thinking about it since last night to the point where I didn't go to sleep till 5 AM. I hate when I over analyze everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not at all. It has been discussed on here before. It is very scary to think about.

Not only concerts but arenas in general... I finally finished college (20 yrs in the making) and my commencement is this Wednesday at a huge arena which usually hosts concerts and hockey games etc.... I'm torn about my kids going to watch mommy get her degree because now I'm just scared. I truly emailed my university president asking if security was going to be raised at the arena and around!! (I'm in the tie-state area - NJ/NYC) when I read NYPD was raising security in certain areas and venues my heart started racing and DH doesn't know if he wants the kids there. It's like omg we are not safe to do anything....
Congratulations! Yes, it is horrifying and the feeling that we are all vulnerable is real...that is what terrorism is all about. Your odds of actually dying in a terrorist attack are still unbelievably small, but I get it!

I love Ariana Grande, she is one of my favorite artists. Her music is so inclusive and so good for young women, young girls. So many kids, young people, went to that concert excited to their favorite celebrity, after begging their parents to get them tickets. They spent their allowance on an outfit. They sang their favorite songs on the way there. It breaks my heart that something so fun, so magical like seeing your favorite artist live, was tarnished by such a violent and senseless act.

To see that people are upset that people are concerned about AG's well-being is gross. People who think she's taking the blame for attention is gross.

Yes, thank God she made it out alive but this will stay with her. She's 23 and has to know that the fans she loved, were taken at her show. No, she has no blame but she's not being dramatic by feeling like she's at fault. Praying for everyone involved.

If your athlete was a Senior Level 1 athlete last season, tried out and made a Junior Prep Level 2. How upset if any would be?

Background info: pretty level 1 skills doesn't have a single level 2 skill. There is no S1 this season, small gym so we don't have too many teams to begin with. She's a 13 with no size advantage not tiny, not big and strong somewhere in the middle. Only level 1 stunting experience, and with that it was shaky.

Teams Available for her Age Range

Junior Prep 2 (her team)
Junior 3
Senior 4.2

If your athlete was a Senior Level 1 athlete last season, tried out and made a Junior Prep Level 2. How upset if any would be?

Background info: pretty level 1 skills doesn't have a single level 2 skill. There is no S1 this season, small gym so we don't have too many teams to begin with. She's a 13 with no size advantage not tiny, not big and strong somewhere in the middle. Only level 1 stunting experience, and with that it was shaky.

Junior Prep 2 (her team)
Junior 3
Senior 4.2
How upset would I be as a coach or a parent?

Junior Prep 2 (her team)
Junior 3
Senior 4.2

My parent perspective : Prep is half year right? I can see an athelete being upset that they have to drop down to half year if they really want to train and compete the full year. Going from a S1 to a J2 is a step up in my eyes. There doesn't seem to be any other option I do not consider placing a shaky S1 on a S 4.2 an option.

My parent perspective : Prep is half year right? I can see an athelete being upset that they have to drop down to half year if they really want to train and compete the full year. Going from a S1 to a J2 is a step up in my eyes. There doesn't seem to be any other option I do not consider placing a shaky S1 on a S 4.2 an option.
Prep isn't always half year. If they're placing her on a team at this point, my guess is that it's a full year team. I agree with you that it's a perceived "step up." My concern as a coach is 1. I don't want a child without level 2 skills on my level 2 team. 2. If there's a J1 or S1 next year that's she's age eligible for, is she going to quit when we move her back down?

Junior Prep 2 (her team)
Junior 3
Senior 4.2

Is she working level 2 skills?

Working level 2 skills consistently, not throwing them independently yet. The prep team is full year.

If she's doing level 2 skills that can probably be figured out before the end of the summer and stunting is IMO easier to learn than tumbling, I'd probably (if I was the athlete) want to be on the S4.2 team - as I would see the Prep team as a step back.
Is she at the higher age for Junior?

got to go to the soft opening of volcano bay in orlando today, ill sum it up for everyone. It Sucked! bring back wet n wild!!!...

its clearly geared towards young kids as far as rides go, and from the looks of it i cant see them expanding it due to the fact that it sits on top of I-4. Save your money.

Back