OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is so random but what filter Rays athletes use on their photos? They always look so flawless. Is it VSCO?

After retiring at the end of last season I decided that it would be a great idea to return to cheer (thanks to British cheer for having lower levels for those of us over 18 who lack tumbling). Today I tried a bridge. My back has never been this sore. It's going to be interesting when I start to get back into cheer properly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone see the tweet about Cheer Alliance (NYC) merging with WSF Louisville this season?
I have so many questions!

Same. If it ends up being like Majors/Jamfest SN that could be a good thing... if only the teams were allowed to compete in the actual bid competition while they were there, since, IMO, that's a little more worth their while (and $$.) Or I guess it could be similar to Aloha Productions and Champions League; they were the EP that handled the logistics of the competition.

Hopefully it's a change for the better... but I fail to see how involving a Varsity owned EP in an event that the gyms created to do things their way (without the big V) is productive, but what do I know.

Same. If it ends up being like Majors/Jamfest SN that could be a good thing... if only the teams were allowed to compete in the actual bid competition while they were there, since, IMO, that's a little more worth their while (and $$.) Or I guess it could be similar to Aloha Productions and Champions League; they were the EP that handled the logistics of the competition.

Hopefully it's a change for the better... but I fail to see how involving a Varsity owned EP in an event that the gyms created to do things their way (without the big V) is productive, but what do I know.
Same. I thought the whole point of Champions League and Cheer Alliance was to try to gain independence from Varsity. This seems counter-productive. Hopefully there will be some more information given to clarify things.

Happy Spelling Bee Day to all of the other FBers who watch every year! ESPN at 8:30 tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I thought the whole point of Champions League and Cheer Alliance was to try to gain independence from Varsity. This seems counter-productive. Hopefully there will be some more information given to clarify things.

What's going on with champions league this coming season? Have we heard anything?

I don't like the trend of creating new competitions for level 5's to compete at every season. I thought the whole point of Cheer alliance was so that coaches and gyms had more control, etc. And now they want to join with varsity?? Doesn't make sense, unless none of those teams plan on returning to cheer alliance.
I feel like the same thing happened with champions league, everyone liked the idea at first, then hated it, then abandoned it.
The logistics of these special competitions just seem pointless, since none offer bids to my knowledge. The Majors is the only one that seems well run.

Just wanna say that I am 48h post wisdom teeth removal surgery and I wanna die.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Ugh, I feel for you! I had the worst experience when I got my wisdom teeth out(many, many years ago). I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you.

Booster Juice (with a spoon), scrambled eggs and grapes cut in half and nibbled with my front teeth got me through the first 24hours after mine. My stomach was so sore after 1 day of a liquid diet that I couldn't do it anymore. Feel better!!

Thank you all!

My pain comes mostly during the night (like right now, it's 3h21 am) and it's only on one side where I know she had to cut in the cheek and dig much more in the bone. Ugh. I take painkillers before going to bed but since they don't last more than 6 hours, here I am! I had three pulled out (4th one had the decency to come out conpletely and was removed like a regular teeth last year) and it's the side with the single one that is hurting. The other two are well behaved...for now.

What drives me nuts is that it doesn't hurt that much during the day but wakes me up at night. I sleep with my head higher but it doesn't seem to do anything to help.

If you have any trick to make it through the night please share!

Back