OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hi married FBers! I am MOH in a wedding in a few weeks and am trying to put together a day of emergency kit. What was helpful on your wedding day and/or what do you wish you could have had? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not married but I can tell you the few things we actually used the day off when I was a MOH in April:
Ibuprofen, tissues, snacks, band aids, qtips, safety pins, lipstick, waters, hairspray, coffee filters (for blotting sweat without taking off your makeup), extra phone chargers, speakers for music.

And non-emergent but we definitely used them: champagne, flutes and juice for mimosas :)

Snacks! I was in a wedding years ago where there was no food available until the reception and of course the bridesmaids were there hours ahead of the ceremony. We literally sent our husbands to the gas station down the street for candy bars.

Not married but I can tell you the few things we actually used the day off when I was a MOH in April:
Ibuprofen, tissues, snacks, band aids, qtips, safety pins, lipstick, waters, hairspray, coffee filters (for blotting sweat without taking off your makeup), extra phone chargers, speakers for music.

And non-emergent but we definitely used them: champagne, flutes and juice for mimosas :)

Adding to this from my life as the cast of 27 dresses @ashscott41 -
  • Bandaid makes a blister guard stick for ankles/toes to prevent blisters in areas shoes are rubbing.
  • Moleskin, same as above, either for shoes digging in or if the bride/bridesmaid dresses having metal boning it's a quick fix so it doesn't poke you (Dr. Scholls makes packs you should be able to find by shoelaces/sock aisle in Target)
  • Makeup setting spray
  • Anti-chafe gel! (or makeup primer, same ingredients) - depends on bride's dress, but my cousin's had beading in her armpit area and this was a lifesaver when it was making her skin raw.
  • Dermadoctor Deodorant wipes (sold at Ulta or Sephora) these definitely use beforehand to make sure they don't irritate and not for freshly shaven skin, but we all used these the day of my cousins wedding also because you don't sweat.
  • Mouthwash
  • Tide to go stick
  • Small, dry sponge - gets rid of white deodorant marks instantly

Hi married FBers! I am MOH in a wedding in a few weeks and am trying to put together a day of emergency kit. What was helpful on your wedding day and/or what do you wish you could have had? Thanks!

I found a website that sold bride emergency kits. The only thing I added was an extra pair of stockings, the contents were hair spray, folding hair brush/comb, clear elastics, bobby pins, earring backs, hand lotion, nail clipper, emery board, clear nail polish, nail polish remover pads, mending kit, safety pin, double-sided tape strips, stain removing towelettes, chalk, breath freshener, dental floss, pain reliever, antacid, deodorant towelettes, tampon, adhesive bandages, facial tissues, blotting tissues, tweezers, blister balm, drinking straw, and super glue.

I managed to forget that they were rebooting the Magic School Bus until the intro sequence was shared on Youtube. And yikes. It just isn't the same without the old animation style.
(And there really wasn't anything wrong with the old theme song.....)

Wait. Kate McKinnon is the new teacher?? WATCHING. I was an avid fan of the Magic School Bus when I was younger so I'd watch it anyways for nostalgia.

I didn't even know there was plans to revamp MSB. Your post made me watch the trailer and all I can say is I don't find it too bad. I was thinking it would be on the level of bad that the Powerpuff Girls revamp was but it seems way better. I'm excited for it.

Wait. Kate McKinnon is the new teacher?? WATCHING. I was an avid fan of the Magic School Bus when I was younger so I'd watch it anyways for nostalgia.

I didn't even know there was plans to revamp MSB. Your post made me watch the trailer and all I can say is I don't find it too bad. I was thinking it would be on the level of bad that the Powerpuff Girls revamp was but it seems way better. I'm excited for it.

The preview looks lame but Lin tweeted it out because he did the theme song so I automatically love it. Nothing like the original

I would like opinions on a scenario that come across my Facebook feed completely not cheer related.

Scenario:
If two sisters have different fathers and one goes to Disney with the father (not for cheer, just for vacation) and the other child is left at home, is that okay?

1) The father can only afford to send his daughter on the trip.
2) The mother is unable to get the money for the other child ,and neither is the second daughter's father.

What are your opinions?

I would like opinions on a scenario that come across my Facebook feed completely not cheer related.

Scenario:
If two sisters have different fathers and one goes to Disney with the father (not for cheer, just for vacation) and the other child is left at home, is that okay?

2) The mother is unable to get the money for the other child ,and neither is the second daughter's father.

What are your opinions?

The father is really only obligated to his daughter. I wouldn't really be willing to fork over hundreds or thousands of dollars for not my child. It's unfortunate, and disappointing for the other daughter, but it is the way it goes.

The father is really only obligated to his daughter. I wouldn't really be willing to fork over hundreds or thousands of dollars for not my child. It's unfortunate, and disappointing for the other daughter, but it is the way it goes.

Absolutely. We have a blended family and we have run into situations like this many times. This is a perfect life lesson. One does not get something just because another does. It is not a fairness issue.

Scenario:

What are your opinions?
If the mother is with the father that is going, so basically the whole family except the non biological daughter are going, it would be totally unfair. I don't think this is the kind of situation you're describing though, and it's sucky but just life. I have been on both sides of the coin, the spoiled sibling and the left out sibling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Scenario:

What are your opinions?

It's completely okay. Sounds like life. The byproduct of having a blended family.

My sisters and I have the same parents, but in the situation my mom probably would have done something special for the non Disney World kid in that situation

Scenario:

What are your opinions?
I have three half siblings. One has the same mother, different father than I and the other two have the same father, different mother. None of us have the same set of parents. So this is pretty much my life.

The father is in no way obligated to the other daughter. They are not related at all. Honestly, it sounds like the other daughter may be young and jealous of her half sister, which is natural for young children but falls back to parenting. It's part of a blended family and she needs to be taught the roles of each parent.

Obviously I can't speak to anyone else's family dynamic but I see no issue here. And to be completely honest unless that father on the trip was the stepfather of the other daughter (aka presently married to that child's mom), I would find it weird if he DID take her as an unrelated male.

I'm in the UK, chuck TLC on the tv whilst i'm making my dinner, not really pay attention but I hear a certain twang I recognise... Kelly from CEA Raleigh's episode of Say Yes To The Dress.

Caught me off guard, interests colliding ha

Going on 3 days with no power... I want to kill myself and everything around me...... Kidding, but not really.... Send help and battery powered fan...:banghead:

Back