OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Going on 3 days with no power... I want to kill myself and everything around me...... Kidding, but not really.... Send help and battery powered fan...:banghead:
Hope you get it back soon! When we lost power from Sandy it was cold out and the house went down to 50, but we just kept the fireplace going and boiled pots of water on the stove (I have gas heat so at least the my stove was working and we had hot water). I cannot imagine what it would be like in the heat. How long are they saying?

Hope you get it back soon! When we lost power from Sandy it was cold out and the house went down to 50, but we just kept the fireplace going and boiled pots of water on the stove (I have gas heat so at least the my stove was working and we had hot water). I cannot imagine what it would be like in the heat. How long are they saying?
Sunday by midnight......

Our house just feels disgusting at this point. Just stale, hot, non circulated air at this point. Its pretty horrible

And because we don't have a gas stove. We've been living off sandwiches and fast food. We have neighbors that bring us spaghetti every other night so that's nice.

Last edited:
Day 6 of no power.... I finally broke down and called duke energy, couldnt give me any specific info on my area except for county wide information. Not holding out a ton of hope that power will be back by tomorrow like they claim....
Starting to hear that it may be as late as Wednesday before power comes back on completely.

Day 6 of no power.... I finally broke down and called duke energy, couldnt give me any specific info on my area except for county wide information. Not holding out a ton of hope that power will be back by tomorrow like they claim....
Starting to hear that it may be as late as Wednesday before power comes back on completely.
Does anyone near you have power? I only ask because after Sandy we were 8 days without power. The front half on my block on a different grid never lost power and when I called the power company they claimed for us it was because of a downed pole 10 blocks from away, with several major streets in between. Told them there was no way that a pole 10 blocks away could have affected our grid. I actually talked to a nice out-of-state power worker in person who was inspecting the poles by me and he said that nothing was wrong and the power should be on. Later that day I guess they turned on the transformer they forgot about. :confused:

Does anyone near you have power? I only ask because after Sandy we were 8 days without power. The front half on my block on a different grid never lost power and when I called the power company they claimed for us it was because of a downed pole 10 blocks from away, with several major streets in between. Told them there was no way that a pole 10 blocks away could have affected our grid. I actually talked to a nice out-of-state power worker in person who was inspecting the poles by me and he said that nothing was wrong and the power should be on. Later that day I guess they turned on the transformer they forgot about. :confused:
Yeah I told them well half is on and half is off. Her response was the automatic Seminole county should be restored by Sunday........ She had zero information unless it had to do with the county as a whole.
Duke energy can basically suck it at this point. Their facebook page is a hilarious read though. I can tell I'm not the only one having this problem with customer service.

My advice ( and we didn't have power for 17 days after Sandy) is to put a sign up in your yard visible to the main Road with address and cause of why you don't have power if you know it. State if you have kids or elderly . The communication sucks with the local companies and their main priority is getting the large numbers down. it is the rogue companies from out of state who will stop and try to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mamabear 17 days???? Insane.[/QUOTE]

Oops!! 13 not 17 .. Luckily we had a small generator so we had lights in one room, a working toilet and fridge which we would do at night . Our biggest challenge was finding gas for the generator. We were in the area that was rationed, so it would take hours waiting in line to get gas "if" we could find an open station.

The school was on a different grid, so she went back after I think the sixth day. It was surreal!

Last edited:
@mamabear 17 days???? Insane.

Oops!! 13 not 17 .. Luckily we had a small generator so we had lights in one room, a working toilet and fridge which we would do at night . Our biggest challenge was finding gas for the generator. We were in the area that was rationed, so it would take hours waiting in line to get gas "if" we could find an open station.

The school was on a different grid, so she went back after I think the sixth day. It was surreal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
At 17 days you would have had me beat! We were without power for 13 days during the historic New England ice storm. I will never forget how cold it was in our house. We have a generator now because of that ordeal!
Glad Florida is recovering and hoping Maria and Lee stay the heck off land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
At 17 days you would have had me beat! We were without power for 13 days during the historic New England ice storm. I will never forget how cold it was in our house. We have a generator now because of that ordeal!
Glad Florida is recovering and hoping Maria and Lee stay the heck off land.[/QUOTE]

Your story makes me cringe.. how cold was it during the weeks you were out? eek!

Glad Florida is recovering and hoping Maria and Lee stay the heck off land.[/QUOTE]

Your story makes me cringe.. how cold was it during the weeks you were out? eek![/QUOTE]
It was 40-50 degrees in our house which was not fun - especially in the morning. Many people had to go to shelters or hotels because they had no heat and their homes weren't insulated well so many houses ended up with frozen pipes. Schools were closed for two weeks so I brought my kids to work every day and we only spent time in the house at night. Since it was mid December, the day time temperatures weren't brutally cold - if it had happened in January or February it would have been much worse.

I'm a little sad no one alerted me that DCC Making the Team had returned in August...catching up now.

Back