OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I Am back!!
I have not posted anything at all for a while because of personal reasons. I lost my grandma in feburary and that hurt me quite bad because i lived with her but i am better now. my life was just upside down for a while and I had little to no interest in cheer for a while. sure i followed the big comps last season but that was about it but i am so hyped for the new season now! I live alone now since about a month so i can stay up and watch comps and such how much i want!

I Am back!!
I have not posted anything at all for a while because of personal reasons. I lost my grandma in feburary and that hurt me quite bad because i lived with her but i am better now. my life was just upside down for a while and I had little to no interest in cheer for a while. sure i followed the big comps last season but that was about it but i am so hyped for the new season now! I live alone now since about a month so i can stay up and watch comps and such how much i want!
Welcome back!

So a tree fell down during the hurricane two houses down from us and knocked out cable and internet for the whole street. After going 8 days(6days? Can't remember) with no power, we found out today the electric company won't do anything until the city comes out and removes the tree or the homeowner pays hundreds to remove it.
Which basically means were cable and internet less for months, if we sit around and wait for the city to come fix it....
I'm just so over the hurricane crap this go around. So frustrating to see no end in sight.

So a tree fell down during the hurricane two houses down from us and knocked out cable and internet for the whole street. After going 8 days(6days? Can't remember) with no power, we found out today the electric company won't do anything until the city comes out and removes the tree or the homeowner pays hundreds to remove it.
Which basically means were cable and internet less for months, if we sit around and wait for the city to come fix it....
I'm just so over the hurricane crap this go around. So frustrating to see no end in sight.
Does any one have an electric saw? If so, take care of it yourselves. We had a huge tree fall down from Sandy across the middle of our street which cut off the entire back third of the block (including us) and a free neighbors went to work on it until it was moveable. If not I'd be calling the city every single day about this, on all numbers for all departments. Unfortunately cable is going to be the last thing they fix.

I did not know where to post this but Anaconda's mix is pure fire! Can't wait to see the routine!

[emoji173]️[emoji216]
I love anacondas and all the mixes he did for us!
Because my best friend/roommate is on anacondas and my daughter is on junior Cobras. I hear both mixes a million times a day and they argue whose is better! I'll tell them that anacondas has another vote.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does any one have an electric saw? If so, take care of it yourselves. We had a huge tree fall down from Sandy across the middle of our street which cut off the entire back third of the block (including us) and a free neighbors went to work on it until it was moveable. If not I'd be calling the city every single day about this, on all numbers for all departments. Unfortunately cable is going to be the last thing they fix.
Ha. My husband begged the guys to come out and do something yesterday, so much so that they decided to run a cable line over the tree and back into the ground as a temporary fix.... We now have cable and internet.

I'm still relatively young (I hope 23 here ..) so I don't know much about past presidencies but has there even been one that was as divisive among the American people as the current one?

I'm still relatively young (I hope 23 here ..) so I don't know much about past presidencies but has there even been one that was as divisive among the American people as the current one?
Im 29, so ive only voted in 3 elections. I know people really hated obama towards the end of his second term... But nothing like Trump..
Maybe Clinton? i dont know.

Im not a political person, so i can only say so much. And he may appeal to the american public, but globally we couldnt have chosen a worse candidate to represent our country, In my opinion.

Trumps tweets show just how dumb he really is, he's so out of touch and confused 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Trumps tweets show just how dumb he really is, he's so out of touch and confused 90% of the time.

Just saw a news article saying North Korea believe one of his recent tweets was basically a declaration of war. If he insists on tweeting, someone needs to give him some lessons in diplomacy.

You're absolutely right about global opinion. In the UK he is hated by the majority, except the far right. There was even a debate in parliament over whether he should be allowed in the country because 10s of thousands of people signed a petition against it. We have lots of problems in the UK but most of us are pretty united in our ill feelings about him and as a result, aspects of the US.

Personally, as someone from the outside looking in, I still question every day how he got anywhere near the White House and unfortunately, it has made me a little more wary of America.

Last edited:

Well, the country was pretty polarized around the time of Lincoln. During the founding of the US, things were pretty polarized. The country was polarized during the civil rights movements as well.

I feel like it's hard to compare this divisiveness of this presidency to later ones because our use of technology drives a lot of it. Many of the things that are happening now have all happened before in the past, we just get to see every single reaction which exagerates whats happening. We have 24/7 news cycles that repeat the same stories over and over and over. We have multiple platforms for anyone to voice their opinions on. We have technology that makes everything super accessible to anyone at anytime. It's probably semi accurate to say the country has always been divided to some extent, it's just a matter of what was happening at that time and what the technology was like. I mean, imagine if LBJ had a Twitter account. Imagine what it would be like if YouTube existed back around Watergate and the clips from the satirical news programs were seen by millions and millions of people aroud the world instantaneously. Imagine if there was a 24/7 news cycle during the time of the Federalist Papers. It would probably be just as chaotic as it is now.

So, have there been presidents who are (fill in the blank) as Trump? Probably. Has the country always been this divided? I think if you dig deep enough, you'd most likely see that it was. But has it always been this transparent and in your face? No.

Well, the country was pretty polarized around the time of Lincoln. During the founding of the US, things were pretty polarized. The country was polarized during the civil rights movements as well.

I feel like it's hard to compare this divisiveness of this presidency to later ones because our use of technology drives a lot of it. Many of the things that are happening now have all happened before in the past, we just get to see every single reaction which exagerates whats happening. We have 24/7 news cycles that repeat the same stories over and over and over. We have multiple platforms for anyone to voice their opinions on. We have technology that makes everything super accessible to anyone at anytime. It's probably semi accurate to say the country has always been divided to some extent, it's just a matter of what was happening at that time and what the technology was like. I mean, imagine if LBJ had a Twitter account. Imagine what it would be like if YouTube existed back around Watergate and the clips from the satirical news programs were seen by millions and millions of people aroud the world instantaneously. Imagine if there was a 24/7 news cycle during the time of the Federalist Papers. It would probably be just as chaotic as it is now.

So, have there been presidents who are (fill in the blank) as Trump? Probably. Has the country always been this divided? I think if you dig deep enough, you'd most likely see that it was. But has it always been this transparent and in your face? No.

I'm a bit younger than @FamousxMindset, but I'm into American history and how our country has changed with the emergence of the internet.

In my opinion, Trump is probably the first modern president to be so vocal about his disdain for certain groups. America has always been divisive, only now the far right feel comfortable in voicing their opinions, because the president condones it.

We are more aware because of social media. I'm from a über liberal city. I've met more liberals than conservatives, but being a minority I've always been aware of the different viewpoints of the world. The same happens on the other side. Social media has allowed for both sides to see each other.

I think it'd be more chaotic, 'cause some of those guys back then had zero filter or sense. (Looking at you Burr, 'Mr. I tried to light a candle using a gun and ended up lighting myself on fire'.)
I shudder to think what Hamilton would've done with Twitter. And the trash talking that would have happened during the Space Race.
And what it would've been like in Canada while the residential schools were operating. (A lot of them closed during the 60s-70s, but the last one closed in 1996 or 1997.)
Hamilton on Twitter - 140 characters would never have been enough! Even 280.
Residential schools - I never even knew about them until I listened to a true crime podcast put out by the CBC last year. My mind was blown.

Did the stingrays cheerleaders show ever air on US TV? I just found out today that it’s on a UK freebies channel every Sunday morning, my director watches it with her daughter! Along with So Sharp on Lifetime, though I think she’s less impressed with that.

ITV2 at 10.35 UK peeps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back