OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm just going to cry because on my way to work today I swerved to miss road debris and drove up on the concrete barrier. Luckily I have no damage to my vehicle, but my tire is blown and there's damage to my rim. But not only will I be paying for a new tire and rim, my rims are powder coated so looks like I'll be paying for it to be powder coated too :( I was all worried about how I was going to get to work since my car had to be towed, wondering if an uber would pick me up on the side of the interstate. Well I'm a dispatcher for highway patrol, next thing I know a trooper pulls up behind me "dispatch told me you needed a ride to work" haha

eta: CRYING TEARS OF HAPPINESS BECAUSE MY GRANDMA IS AT THE DEALERSHIP WAITING FOR MY CAR TO ARRIVE AND EVERYTHING IS UNDER WARRANTY :shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy:

Im happy you're okay& the fact that you won't be paying for the damage:)

I'm just going to cry because on my way to work today I swerved to miss road debris and drove up on the concrete barrier. Luckily I have no damage to my vehicle, but my tire is blown and there's damage to my rim. But not only will I be paying for a new tire and rim, my rims are powder coated so looks like I'll be paying for it to be powder coated too :( I was all worried about how I was going to get to work since my car had to be towed, wondering if an uber would pick me up on the side of the interstate. Well I'm a dispatcher for highway patrol, next thing I know a trooper pulls up behind me "dispatch told me you needed a ride to work" haha

eta: CRYING TEARS OF HAPPINESS BECAUSE MY GRANDMA IS AT THE DEALERSHIP WAITING FOR MY CAR TO ARRIVE AND EVERYTHING IS UNDER WARRANTY :shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy:
While we're venting about cars I would like to express my annoyance that windshield replacements are covered in the state of North Carolina. I spent 23 years in SC where all glass replacement was free, and of course nothing happens. A random tiny rock hits my windshield in NC and it spreads like wildfire. A repair would have been covered, but it spread so quickly that it's past that point. A full replacement is going to run me a couple hundred. (My deductible is $500 or else I could have run it through insurance bleh)

While we're venting about cars I would like to express my annoyance that windshield replacements are covered in the state of North Carolina. I spent 23 years in SC where all glass replacement was free, and of course nothing happens. A random tiny rock hits my windshield in NC and it spreads like wildfire. A repair would have been covered, but it spread so quickly that it's past that point. A full replacement is going to run me a couple hundred. (My deductible is $500 or else I could have run it through insurance bleh)
Ugh the same thing just happened to me yesterday and have to get mine replaced. So frustrating! Wish it was covered here.

Ugh the same thing just happened to me yesterday and have to get mine replaced. So frustrating! Wish it was covered here.
I don't miss much things about South Carolina but that was definitely one of them. A handful of states cover windshields and SC actually covers all glass, front, back and sides. Maybe it's because their roads are so bad :rolleyes:

Somewhere during the past few years Massachusetts changed from having glass coverage mandatory under a policy to optional and I had no idea until last year. So annoying to have to pay $250 to replace a windshield I already pay thousands for insurance.

I just finished my very last class in college and now I am sitting in the library trying not to cry. I honestly can't believe its over. I honestly haven't had much time to stop a reflect on everything. I have my honors thesis due on Monday and I still have like 30 pages to write and edit :confused: so majorly stressed right now. It just feels very strange getting emails about graduation and picking up my honors cords and various pins like its getting real.

On Saturday a boating accident happened in my town (about 3 minutes away from where I live). A whaler, going at a really high speed, hit a buoy which sent multiple passengers overboard. A 7 year old girl was one of two who died as a result (it seems her father's girlfriend also passed away). The younger brother and the driver (the father) are both injured but will make it. The little girl came to the after school program I work at a few times. I barely knew her but she still said hi to me frequently in the mornings when I'd walk upstairs the kids that I watch in the mornings. She was on the mini prep team this past season at the gym I cheered at all 13 years. The other week after the end of season showcase night, I saw her at school the next morning and told her she did so good last night. She was so happy I noticed her. Now she's gone. It's just insane and heartbreaking. I barely even know the kid yet I feel devastated and I just have no idea what it will be like at the elementary school tomorrow morning...please keep this little girl's family and all the kids in my town who just lost a classmate in your prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5 hours in the waiting room and $270 dollars later, my windshield is replaced. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On Saturday a boating accident happened in my town (about 3 minutes away from where I live). A whaler, going at a really high speed, hit a buoy which sent multiple passengers overboard. A 7 year old girl was one of two who died as a result (it seems her father's girlfriend also passed away). The younger brother and the driver (the father) are both injured but will make it. The little girl came to the after school program I work at a few times. I barely knew her but she still said hi to me frequently in the mornings when I'd walk upstairs the kids that I watch in the mornings. She was on the mini prep team this past season at the gym I cheered at all 13 years. The other week after the end of season showcase night, I saw her at school the next morning and told her she did so good last night. She was so happy I noticed her. Now she's gone. It's just insane and heartbreaking. I barely even know the kid yet I feel devastated and I just have no idea what it will be like at the elementary school tomorrow morning...please keep this little girl's family and all the kids in my town who just lost a classmate in your prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How heartbreaking. Today must have been so hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cheerupdates threatening to expose anon accounts is the most amusing thing ive ever seen. Your a grown man, now grow up.

At the end of the day, I’m betting he doesn’t do any such thing.

I mean would that really be the worst thing in the world? Cheer anons are the literal worst.
I just find it odd for him specifically to do so. His behavior online sits on the thin line in my opinion. He argues with teenagers on a daily basis, but hes a grown adult. Who hides under "essentially" an anon account. Granted I get a lot of people know the person behind cheer updates, but i dont see him ever sharing personal info about himself, so why he seems to think a bunch of kid anon accounts need to have their personal info exposed it perplexing to me.
Ill be surprised if he actually does fully expose any of them, and what kind of personal info he has on these kids.

Back