OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dont get me wrong I LOVE college football but man oh man do some of the "fans" make it so hard to be happy for a teams success.
it drives me crazy because here we have a losing georgia team, and sports analysts still think they should make it in...And most predictions are already predicting GA will make it in as well. The SEC bias is real and its becoming real annoying. It shouldnt be called a playoff, it should be called an invitational...
unfortunately they wont probably wont expand it till tv contracts run out which isnt for another 8 years from now...

I really dont see any bias towards the sec, but that's coming from a sec fan so my opinion might not be viladated. And how exactly is 11-2 a losing team? Just curious. I hope this didn't come off as rude either, I'm not trying to be rude at all. If it did though I do apologize.
because an 11-2 team shouldnt be above two 12-1 teams. And im not even counting UCF because i know the committee will always rank us lower. They lost to at the time #13 ranked lsu and then fell to bama, they shouldnt have made the playoffs based off that alone. Oklahoma was the right choice.

because an 11-2 team shouldnt be above two 12-1 teams. And im not even counting UCF because i know the committee will always rank us lower. They lost to at the time #13 ranked lsu and then fell to bama, they shouldnt have made the playoffs based off that alone. Oklahoma was the right choice.
Chillax. UGA is out, OK is in. Gawd.

And frankly, I would LOVE for UGA to get to play ANY of the teams ranked above them. They played Bama closer than any team this year. I would love to see what they could do against Clemson, Notre Dame, and OK. And I wish they could also play Ohio State and UCF. I wish there was time to play a Final Four type tournament to REALLY see these teams play head to head and shut all of these butt-hurt people up.:)

Lol that's what I'm saying. I didn't realize she was going to get all in her feelings with what I had asked.

I just wonder if ucf will declare themselves national champions again this year.
And frankly, I would LOVE for UGA to get to play ANY of the teams ranked above them. They played Bama closer than any team this year. I would love to see what they could do against Clemson, Notre Dame, and OK. And I wish they could also play Ohio State and UCF. I wish there was time to play a Final Four type tournament to REALLY see these teams play head to head and shut all of these butt-hurt people up.:)

college football playoffs just in general dont make sense, and the more and more it happens the more teams start to notice the favoritism that goes into it. Its not a playoff when your excluding a good size portion of other college football teams. Look at college basketball, thats what a playoff should look like in a sense. Because thats what an actual playoff is.
if they want to keep it to four teams, fine. But dont continue to call it a playoff and claim its a fair system, when its not. Call it an invitational... because thats kinda what it has turned into.
And just up and joining a P5 division isnt going to happen overnight for any school that wants to, its takes years, waiting for a realignment to happen, acceptance into that conference and a poop ton of money.

I really dont see any bias towards the sec, but that's coming from a sec fan so my opinion might not be viladated. And how exactly is 11-2 a losing team? Just curious. I hope this didn't come off as rude either, I'm not trying to be rude at all. If it did though I do apologize.
11-2 is not a losing team and they are going to the Rose Bowl. Understandably though anything less than making the playoffs is a disappointment for teams like Georgia and OSU. I was happy Georgia was 5th (Penn State was Big 10 champs 2 seasons ago and was #6 because of their 11-2 record. Sucked but it was what it was) and even happier Ohio State was 6th because I despise that program and Urban Meyer. Go Clemson!

Roll tide bitches!!!!! Once again Alabama proves how unbeatable and untouchable they are. I know it must suck to be a Georgia fan but yall are lame losers whose football team is full of a bunch Gay white guys and blacks that will all ended up in jail.

Must suck even more to be banned - NJ
are you hacked?

lol UCF wasn't getting in no matter what. No biases there. Just a really, really bad strength of schedule.
in the current system, no. No non P5 school will ever make the playoffs. But then whats the point of any non power 5 school having a football team, and whats the point in critics and people of the committee going on national tv claiming there are "paths" for non p5 schools to make the playoffs in its current state.
personally i dont think non p5 schools adding in a few away p5 games to their schedule will do anything anyways, even if they were to beat them all, the committee would come back and say "well you only played 2,3,4.... strong teams and the rest was garbage so you dont deserve it cause your still in a weak conference.."
theres just too many scenarios that non p5 schools face trying to climb the rankings then just who they play....

which is why id be all for expanding the playoffs and adding in one wildcard spot for the highest ranking non power 5 school... seems the most logical answer, and most other sports do their playoff system that way anyways.

in the current system, no. No non P5 school will ever make the playoffs. But then whats the point of any non power 5 school having a football team, and whats the point in critics and people of the committee going on national tv claiming there are "paths" for non p5 schools to make the playoffs in its current state.
personally i dont think non p5 schools adding in a few away p5 games to their schedule will do anything anyways, even if they were to beat them all, the committee would come back and say "well you only played 2,3,4.... strong teams and the rest was garbage so you dont deserve it cause your still in a weak conference.."
theres just too many scenarios that non p5 schools face trying to climb the rankings then just who they play....

which is why id be all for expanding the playoffs and adding in one wildcard spot for the highest ranking non power 5 school... seems the most logical answer, and most other sports do their playoff system that way anyways.
I'm not arguing that the current system is perfect. I'm just saying bias was not the reason UCF was left out of a 4 team playoff.

I'm not arguing that the current system is perfect. I'm just saying bias was not the reason UCF was left out of a 4 team playoff.
and im not either, i knew UCF wouldnt make the playoffs because how the system is set up today..
And yes i too think our AD is a moron.....
UF has offered what i think is a great thing, UCF will blow it because ultimately college football is a money game now a days.

**Ahh yes ucf, in typical dramatic fashion gotta screw up a good deal when you had one. I promise most of the ucf fan base isnt as delusional as our AD. Some are, but most are realistic to as where ucf football is at and what needs to change. **
Social media basically makes any football fan base look crazed.

Last edited:
On a different note, whoever came up with the idea of assigned seating at a movie theater can die a horrible death. Went to a movie people sat in our seats refused to move, so we had to move like 5 times, ended up with no seats and my pregnant butt demanded my money back... Will never be a returning customer to AMC theaters again.

On a different note, whoever came up with the idea of assigned seating at a movie theater can die a horrible death. Went to a movie people sat in our seats refused to move, so we had to move like 5 times, ended up with no seats and my pregnant butt demanded my money back... Will never be a returning customer to AMC theaters again.
I LOVE assigned seating in the theater, but this would be obnoxious. I would sic the ushers on them!

sweden always have had assigned seats. can be annoying but have never had other ways.

Our regular theatres are first come first serve, but you can pay for the upgraded theatre which has assigned seating. Worth the extra $3 each time so I can buy the seats I want and don't have to line up an hour before hand to get a good seat. Anyone is assigned seats is asked to move, and if they refuse, theatre staff move them along since they can't produce a ticket for those seats

Back