OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't even see INDIVIDUAL GYMS pulling from it.

It would take a case of COVID19 LITERALLY IN THE GYM for any owner to consider that.

I feel like parents would revolt.

There’s been speculation about them cancelling Worlds, but frankly I don’t think it’s necessary.

That’s not to say Worlds WON’T be cancelled, but I don’t think it should be.

Personally, I think this has been a touch overblown. The people dying from COVID are people who would’ve had trouble fighting off the flu anyway: older folks, and/or those with compromised immune systems. Healthy, young athletes are not the susceptible demographic. I understand the desire to prevent kids from getting sick, but I don’t think cancelling Worlds is the answer. Ultimately we’re dealing with a very manageable, treatable virus. Plus cases are already subsiding in Korea and China. I think by Worlds this’ll be far behind us.

The thing is though, those healthy athletes can still carry the disease home to their elderly or immunocompromised family members. Yes, they’re saying children don’t seem to be exhibiting symptoms, but they are still under the impression that children absolutely are carriers.

I 100% think this whole thing is being incredibly overblown. That being said, I definitely don’t believe it’s something to “brush off.” I just had a remicade infusion on Friday for an autoimmune disease. I essentially have no immune system for a few weeks due to the infusion. Am I concerned about who I’m being exposed to, and who they have been exposed to? A little, but I’m also in a rural area. Am I a little hesitant about the flight to Worlds that I booked a month ago before this got to this point? Slightly more so, especially since I just did the math when scheduling my next infusion and wiping out my immune system again less than 2 weeks after returning from Worlds and whatever I may be exposed to. Granted, I’m a just a spectator, so me not going only affects myself. But if I was a competitor, I’d be stressing a little more because of the potential ramifications of letting others down by not going if the risk becomes greater.

Just another perspective from someone who, generally otherwise would be “healthy.” I HAVE to get the flu shot every year, and they actually made me get the pneumonia shot this year. I’m not even 30, and it generally isn’t even discussed until you’re in your 60s (or immunocompromised). I don’t have the ability to get a vaccine for this (yet), so there is much less prevention to fall back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The idea that Var$ity would cancel one of their biggest cash cows is laughable.

They may be concerned, but they're not THAT concerned.

They'll set up mobile ICUs with ventilators and o2 allowed on the mat before they cancel Worlds, Summit, UCA, etc.

I believe that the choice to have Worlds/Summit will be taken away from Varsity/Disney. I think that in the coming days to weeks, the state of FL will make sweeping restrictions on travel and large scale gatherings.

I hope I am wrong, but if these events are in fact cancelled, I would worry about what Varsity will do next year to claw that money back.

It would take a case of COVID19 LITERALLY IN THE GYM for any owner to consider that.

It happened to us last night
We got a call that one athlete has tested positive for Covid
Now there are no practices allowed for 2 weeks , our entire gym might actually get shut down (not only cheer but all other sports aswell)
Couple people have to stay home from work for this week
It’s a big mess quite frankly

they just pushed back our nationals to June

Everyone is super worried about Worlds aswell

I believe that the choice to have Worlds/Summit will be taken away from Varsity/Disney. I think that in the coming days to weeks, the state of FL will make sweeping restrictions on travel and large scale gatherings.

I hope I am wrong, but if these events are in fact cancelled, I would worry about what Varsity will do next year to claw that money back.
Yes. Some pretty significant social isolation is happening already. San Francisco banned events holding more than 1,000 people. The Ivy league canceled all athletic events through remainder of spring. Many colleges switching to online learning. including all of Ohio. The NCAA just announced both men and women's basketball tournaments will be held without any fans. Even if Disney were to stay open, holding Worlds/Summit without spectators would not be feasible as the athletes would still need to travel there and the event would lose enormous amounts of money without admissions and concessions.

I love when you randomly pop in here! Hope all is well! I haven't seen the Hernandez doc yet and would like to given I bought his jersey approximately 2 weeks before he got arrested.
I'm delightful! Keeping myself busy and trying to keep distractions to a minimum but I do miss y'all. Hope you're all doing well yourselves. If NYC ends up in quarantine I'll have all the time to watch everything.
Hello there! Definitely watch it, it is a good one.
Hi hi. I'll add it to the list!

Basically my job right now....

89383968_1494607370717314_9014381329118134272_n.jpg

Man I'm pissed and gotta vent. I work in the tourist industry and they giving all the employees in the park 2 weeks paid vaca for the shutdowns. But citywalk/disney springs employees aint getting anything and still gotta go into work everyday!!! I cant even deal im so annoyed after finding out..

Man I'm pissed and gotta vent. I work in the tourist industry and they giving all the employees in the park 2 weeks paid vaca for the shutdowns. But citywalk/disney springs employees aint getting anything and still gotta go into work everyday!!! I cant even deal im so annoyed after finding out..

That sucks. But I’m betting they’ll give you some kind of a break once everyone stops visiting.

I’m similarly annoyed at work. My animal rescue obviously needs workers to come in and care for the dogs/cats, and I don’t object to that. But we’ve chosen also to remain open for business. Which at first I thought would be fine since nobody was probably coming in anyway.

I was wrong. I was so wrong. SO many parents unloading their bored kids on us, like we’re a daycare. It was so bad today that I kept walking this sneezy Chihuahua around just so people would stay the hell away from me. Because even though you can’t get COVID from dogs, Rizzo’s sinus infection is so noisy and theatrical that he’ll make you second guess ALL of what Western medicine says.

That sucks. But I’m betting they’ll give you some kind of a break once everyone stops visiting.

I’m similarly annoyed at work. My animal rescue obviously needs workers to come in and care for the dogs/cats, and I don’t object to that. But we’ve chosen also to remain open for business. Which at first I thought would be fine since nobody was probably coming in anyway.

I was wrong. I was so wrong. SO many parents unloading their bored kids on us, like we’re a daycare. It was so bad today that I kept walking this sneezy Chihuahua around just so people would stay the hell away from me. Because even though you can’t get COVID from dogs, Rizzo’s sinus infection is so noisy and theatrical that he’ll make you second guess ALL of what Western medicine says.

That's a quick fix from your company by instituting a "no child under the age of 16 is permitted on premises unattended/unsupervised." Frankly, it's a liability to your company, the animals, and the children, and there is zero reason why they shouldn't do that at all times, let alone the current climate. Most malls (obviously a different industry, but still) in my area have that rule just so parents don't drop their kids off and let them cause havoc unsupervised.

Ok update I no longer have work as they are shutting everything down cause no one is coming to the parks! Crazy dead today. They probably spending more money keeping the lights on. Then getting business.
. But now I'm stuck at home with a toddler for god knows how long :eek:

Ok update I no longer have work as they are shutting everything down cause no one is coming to the parks! Crazy dead today. They probably spending more money keeping the lights on. Then getting business.
. But now I'm stuck at home with a toddler for god knows how long :eek:

I’ve been seeing people taking their kids to big wide open parks. Not like playgrounds obviously, but more like parkland (hiking trails, shorelines, etc.) if there’s any nearby you. Not sure if that’s good, but people are doing it. The logic seems to be that there’s lots of open space to run around in without worrying about getting too close to people. You can make a day of it. It should be noted I’m not any kind of medical professional, but it seems to be a thing people are doing over here.

That's a quick fix from your company by instituting a "no child under the age of 16 is permitted on premises unattended/unsupervised." Frankly, it's a liability to your company, the animals, and the children, and there is zero reason why they shouldn't do that at all times, let alone the current climate. Most malls (obviously a different industry, but still) in my area have that rule just so parents don't drop their kids off and let them cause havoc unsupervised.

Sing it sister. You are preaching to the choir lol.

We do have protocols for these scenarios in place, but it can be difficult when the parents just cut and run outside the building. So usually we just have unattended kids play with cats, groom huskies, or bathe puppies. They usually don’t want to come back after their job is washing the poopy butts of long-haired retriever pups.

My office is doing the opposite of what is recommended ... it's nuts. I do property management in a 55 plus community and can completely work remotely but they won't allow any of us to work from home. People are still coming in, dropping checks off, talking, signing checks; it's crazy.

Actually all of FL is in lala land. I live right by Clearwater Beach. It was MOBBED yesterday. Wall to wall with people. All the bars and restaurants are jam packed with people, everyone is shopping and partying and going to work like normal. There will be a rude awakening here very soon. It's unbelievable.

My thoughts? After the primary election today we will see significant restrictions in place.

Back