OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
96 Women’s Team Finals (Magnificent 7) is on NBCSN right now... quickly get to the tv because they’re on vault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96 Women’s Team Finals (Magnificent 7) is on NBCSN right now... quickly get to the tv because they’re on vault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recorded and watched it today and it was just as special as it was in 1996!

I swore Moceanu fell on beam, but apparently that was not during team finals because they killed everything until those last vaults. It was so fun to watch!

I recorded and watched it today and it was just as special as it was in 1996!

I swore Moceanu fell on beam, but apparently that was not during team finals because they killed everything until those last vaults. It was so fun to watch!

There was a great doc about Strug which of course I cannot find wherein she offered some great insight into the whole thing. She says she realized things were bad when she heard Bela yelling, “You can do it!” because he was NEVER that positive during comps. So that was her “Oh ****” moment.

She also remembered being very concerned that she had no pants on during the Olympic medal ceremony, which is very relatable but also not at all.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm an amusement park nerd!
My parents said we may be able to go to Dollywood in the Summer to celebrate my graduation from HS!! I've wanted to go to Dollywood for a while now and now it might happen!
For anyone who's been to Dollywood (or Tennessee), what are some other things to do in the Dollywood-area? I am NOT familiar with anything in Tennessee (or the South) so any tips or ideas would be great! Thanks!!

**Praying that this virus is over by then so that we are able to go on this trip**

My parents said we may be able to go to Dollywood in the Summer to celebrate my graduation from HS!! I've wanted to go to Dollywood for a while now and now it might happen!
For anyone who's been to Dollywood (or Tennessee), what are some other things to do in the Dollywood-area? I am NOT familiar with anything in Tennessee (or the South) so any tips or ideas would be great! Thanks!!

**Praying that this virus is over by then so that we are able to go on this trip**
Google Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Tons and tons of stuff to do. Restaurants, shows, dinner shows, lots of shopping, lots of amusements.

I’ve got COVID antibodies, everyone.

So I was sick back in February before this thing really took off and actually thought to myself, “What if I’ve got this Corona thing lol no probably not.”

The I went to give blood recently and got tested for antibodies and it looks like I did indeed have it. Now I’m hoping to contribute to a solution to undo all that reckless breathing I did earlier this year.

I’ve got COVID antibodies, everyone.

So I was sick back in February before this thing really took off and actually thought to myself, “What if I’ve got this Corona thing lol no probably not.”

The I went to give blood recently and got tested for antibodies and it looks like I did indeed have it. Now I’m hoping to contribute to a solution to undo all that reckless breathing I did earlier this year.
I'm thinking lots of folks around here have antibodies as well. Many many were so sick and tested negative for flu. Parents were begging schools to close and clean. Now with testing, our state has a low positive rate. If they tested antibodies, I bet there were be a much higher number than the current positive rates.

Yeah I’m betting there are lots of people like me who had it but didn’t realise it and thus have built up an immunity. Before I got tested, I was really surprised I hadn’t gotten sick from doing errands for my dad and still working. And then I thought back to February when I felt bad enough to take off work — which never happens — and thought maybe the reason I wasn’t getting sick was because I already was.

My husband grew up going to Dollywood and LOVED it. I hope you have the opportunity to go!

I'm thinking lots of folks around here have antibodies as well. Many many were so sick and tested negative for flu. Parents were begging schools to close and clean. Now with testing, our state has a low positive rate. If they tested antibodies, I bet there were be a much higher number than the current positive rates.

I am almost positive my household had it (as well as my family/extended household) in December-February. Have you seen the new "pediatric syndrome" article going around? Not all kids who display these symptoms are positive for Covid, but my son (he was about 18 months at the time) ended up hospitalized in January. He was super sick over Christmas, started to get better by new years, and then two weeks later began throwing up CONSTANTLY, and wouldn't eat or drink anything. He ended up passing out and had what looked almost like a seizure, and the hospital/ambulance called it "respiratory arrest". They tested him for both flu/RSV and both came back negative. They ended up saying it was just caused by severe dehydration and kept him hooked up to a saline IV for three days (he continued to throw up for about a week). I passed the article on to 5 or 6 people and didn't say anything about what I thought, and they all came back and said "I bet that's what M had..."

I'm debating or not if I want to do elective antibody testing on him/my household. Because I know that antibodies don't necessarily mean immunity (especially 5 months later and how much it could have mutated), but it's almost a weird sense of relief/closure on what happened because it was, without a doubt, the most terrifying moment of my life when it happened, but I never felt like we understood why it happened, and I was afraid of what it meant for the next time he got sick/the likelihood of it happening again.

::: BCH Medical Education ::: (here's an article on it)

Last edited:
Is anyone else both a fan of cheer AND old MTV reality shows? Ready for to have your mind blown?

Making the Band @ 1:02 (even if you didn’t watch this show you still need to hear this girl sing):

Cheer Athletics 2004 @ 2:08 (the audio up to that point is bad but you’ll hear it):

I was watching the first Worlds out of curiosity and could not place that byte for the life of me. I really miss the days you could put literally whatever you wanted in your music.

Is anyone else both a fan of cheer AND old MTV reality shows? Ready for to have your mind blown?

Making the Band @ 1:02 (even if you didn’t watch this show you still need to hear this girl sing):

Cheer Athletics 2004 @ 2:08 (the audio up to that point is bad but you’ll hear it):

I was watching the first Worlds out of curiosity and could not place that byte for the life of me. I really miss the days you could put literally whatever you wanted in your music.

I can only imagine the look on your face when you realized this, lmao!

MTV had a True Life I'm an Urban Cheerleader from way back when, every few years I'll search for it with no luck lol.

I can only imagine the look on your face when you realized this, lmao!

MTV had a True Life I'm an Urban Cheerleader from way back when, every few years I'll search for it with no luck lol.

Lol is this like a thing everyone knows?

And yeah MTV is very stingy with some of the True Life eps. The Urban Cheerleader one is tough to watch for lots of reasons. But I do remember thinking the little flyer could’ve gone places.

Back