New Random Thread 4

Discussion in 'Random' started by Ashley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Man I'm pissed and gotta vent. I work in the tourist industry and they giving all the employees in the park 2 weeks paid vaca for the shutdowns. But citywalk/disney springs employees aint getting anything and still gotta go into work everyday!!! I cant even deal im so annoyed after finding out..

2. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    That sucks. But I’m betting they’ll give you some kind of a break once everyone stops visiting.

I’m similarly annoyed at work. My animal rescue obviously needs workers to come in and care for the dogs/cats, and I don’t object to that. But we’ve chosen also to remain open for business. Which at first I thought would be fine since nobody was probably coming in anyway.

I was wrong. I was so wrong. SO many parents unloading their bored kids on us, like we’re a daycare. It was so bad today that I kept walking this sneezy Chihuahua around just so people would stay the hell away from me. Because even though you can’t get COVID from dogs, Rizzo’s sinus infection is so noisy and theatrical that he’ll make you second guess ALL of what Western medicine says.

3. tuckxandxtwist

tuckxandxtwist Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    That's a quick fix from your company by instituting a "no child under the age of 16 is permitted on premises unattended/unsupervised." Frankly, it's a liability to your company, the animals, and the children, and there is zero reason why they shouldn't do that at all times, let alone the current climate. Most malls (obviously a different industry, but still) in my area have that rule just so parents don't drop their kids off and let them cause havoc unsupervised.

4. UCFKnights07

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Ok update I no longer have work as they are shutting everything down cause no one is coming to the parks! Crazy dead today. They probably spending more money keeping the lights on. Then getting business.
    . But now I'm stuck at home with a toddler for god knows how long :eek:

5. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I’ve been seeing people taking their kids to big wide open parks. Not like playgrounds obviously, but more like parkland (hiking trails, shorelines, etc.) if there’s any nearby you. Not sure if that’s good, but people are doing it. The logic seems to be that there’s lots of open space to run around in without worrying about getting too close to people. You can make a day of it. It should be noted I’m not any kind of medical professional, but it seems to be a thing people are doing over here.

6. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Sing it sister. You are preaching to the choir lol.

We do have protocols for these scenarios in place, but it can be difficult when the parents just cut and run outside the building. So usually we just have unattended kids play with cats, groom huskies, or bathe puppies. They usually don’t want to come back after their job is washing the poopy butts of long-haired retriever pups.

7. fiercebowsnpoofs

fiercebowsnpoofs I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    My office is doing the opposite of what is recommended ... it's nuts. I do property management in a 55 plus community and can completely work remotely but they won't allow any of us to work from home. People are still coming in, dropping checks off, talking, signing checks; it's crazy.

Actually all of FL is in lala land. I live right by Clearwater Beach. It was MOBBED yesterday. Wall to wall with people. All the bars and restaurants are jam packed with people, everyone is shopping and partying and going to work like normal. There will be a rude awakening here very soon. It's unbelievable.

My thoughts? After the primary election today we will see significant restrictions in place.

8. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This is my biggest issue. What is being done now is useless because it is so hit or miss. Everyone is banging on Disney for staying open until Sunday, but meanwhile Myrtle Beach, Nashville, Vegas - all packed with people. Beaches - packed with people. They either need to shut EVERYTHING down for 2 weeks which would have much less of an impact socially (mental health) and economically or let everybody go back to business as usual.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Not Corona related; Was Cheerforce Lady Aztecs/San Diego State Uni. Lady Aztecs the same team for the 2015 season? I was looking back at older cheerleading videos and came across both teams. They both had similar choreography.

10. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Yes, I believe they were supposed to compete in allstar again this season, but I dont think that ever happened.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. UCFKnights07

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Im officially over coronavirus and people on Facebook. I always thought politics were bad, but sheesh!

12. FTSP

FTSP Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    So you don’t work in healthcare. This is not being overblown and the US response has been underwhelming at best. This will get much worse before it’s better here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I made that comment almost two weeks ago.

14. UCFKnights07

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    i know i said it once but i need life to go back to normal!! nothing like a good pandemic to bring out the selfish inconsiderate buttholes in the world. All i want is to find some pasta and chicken.....

15. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    San Antonio jail released some inmates early due to Coronavirus concerns. I'm bitter towards SA/Bexar County because they were never any help in enforcing child support with my Ex Husband. They basically told me they had real criminals to worry about. It has been over 10 years of zero child support for my 3 kids. I also saw some prisons have similar plans. Thanks for letting me vent.