New Random Thread 4

Discussion in 'Random' started by Ashley, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Lisa Seye

Lisa Seye I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I'm thinking lots of folks around here have antibodies as well. Many many were so sick and tested negative for flu. Parents were begging schools to close and clean. Now with testing, our state has a low positive rate. If they tested antibodies, I bet there were be a much higher number than the current positive rates.

2. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yeah I’m betting there are lots of people like me who had it but didn’t realise it and thus have built up an immunity. Before I got tested, I was really surprised I hadn’t gotten sick from doing errands for my dad and still working. And then I thought back to February when I felt bad enough to take off work — which never happens — and thought maybe the reason I wasn’t getting sick was because I already was.

3. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    My husband grew up going to Dollywood and LOVED it. I hope you have the opportunity to go!

4. tuckxandxtwist

tuckxandxtwist Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    I am almost positive my household had it (as well as my family/extended household) in December-February. Have you seen the new "pediatric syndrome" article going around? Not all kids who display these symptoms are positive for Covid, but my son (he was about 18 months at the time) ended up hospitalized in January. He was super sick over Christmas, started to get better by new years, and then two weeks later began throwing up CONSTANTLY, and wouldn't eat or drink anything. He ended up passing out and had what looked almost like a seizure, and the hospital/ambulance called it "respiratory arrest". They tested him for both flu/RSV and both came back negative. They ended up saying it was just caused by severe dehydration and kept him hooked up to a saline IV for three days (he continued to throw up for about a week). I passed the article on to 5 or 6 people and didn't say anything about what I thought, and they all came back and said "I bet that's what M had..."

I'm debating or not if I want to do elective antibody testing on him/my household. Because I know that antibodies don't necessarily mean immunity (especially 5 months later and how much it could have mutated), but it's almost a weird sense of relief/closure on what happened because it was, without a doubt, the most terrifying moment of my life when it happened, but I never felt like we understood why it happened, and I was afraid of what it meant for the next time he got sick/the likelihood of it happening again.

::: BCH Medical Education ::: (here's an article on it)

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Is anyone else both a fan of cheer AND old MTV reality shows? Ready for to have your mind blown?

Making the Band @ 1:02 (even if you didn’t watch this show you still need to hear this girl sing):

Cheer Athletics 2004 @ 2:08 (the audio up to that point is bad but you’ll hear it):

I was watching the first Worlds out of curiosity and could not place that byte for the life of me. I really miss the days you could put literally whatever you wanted in your music.

6. FamousxMindset

FamousxMindset Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I can only imagine the look on your face when you realized this, lmao!

MTV had a True Life I'm an Urban Cheerleader from way back when, every few years I'll search for it with no luck lol.

7. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Lol is this like a thing everyone knows?

And yeah MTV is very stingy with some of the True Life eps. The Urban Cheerleader one is tough to watch for lots of reasons. But I do remember thinking the little flyer could’ve gone places.

8. FamousxMindset

FamousxMindset Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Oh not had no idea, and I would have never made the connection.

Definitely tough, I would love to watch through a 2020 lens, so many good topics.

9. Sterling von Shimmer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    OH MY GOSH ARE YOU ALRIGHT? That sounds terrifying.

This right here is why I’m on the fence about kids. I literally don’t know if I have the emotional bandwidth to handle something that scary.

Glad everyone is okay!

10. tuckxandxtwist

tuckxandxtwist Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    Thank you <3 we are okay now--he's as rambunctious as ever and we are hoping to be able to have some kind of party in a couple months for his 2nd birthday (he's a July 4th baby, so we always have an extra reason to party!). It was a very terrifying experience, and to be honest, part of me feels like I remember every detail, and then part of me feels like it was such a blur. My husband said I kind of went into autopilot doing mouth sweeps (we thought he was choking at first), chest compressions, and even mouth to mouth at one point until the ambulance got there. Hearing him first cry and knowing he was breathing again (even if it was sporadic and labored for a bit) was literally one of the most relieving feelings in my life.

11. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Angel & Jaden Rice both announced cheering at TVCC for 2020-2021.

12. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    For the only reason to be on a documentary I presume? Cheer becoming a celebrimentary has totally ruined it for me.

13. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am not sure. The documentary focused on Navarro. They barley showed TVCC.

14. Lisa Seye

Lisa Seye I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Scary. I would want to know just to know. But I'm wondering how costly is the antibody testing? Does insurance cover it?

15. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    There have been rumors that the next season might focus more on TVCC but I don't know how true that is (or if the show has even been greenlighted for another season.) I don't even know if any shows are in production right now because of COVID.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • List