OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You shouldn't be allowing your atheletes to separate themselves by race, and poke fun at it. None of that is okay.

I'm a very white person with a differently raced spouse who spends nearly every weekend with a differently raced family. We poke fun at our racial stereotypes all the time. We have so much fun with it. The other day cp and her friends (both of different races) had leggings and uggs and vineyard vine shirts on and captioned the photo "white girls for the day" and someone else posted "where is your Starbucks?" We are bonding over our differences. It's nothing at all malicious. You probably need to relax a bit. Friends can do that. Kinda like no one can make fun of my brother except me...doesn't every family have that clause?

I think it's crazy how adults make excuses for racism. We should be saying no no no, and stopping this before it even happens. No matter what taste it's done in, it's wrong. This is the time for us to talk about this with teenagers and kids, not make excuses.

You shouldn't be allowing your athletes to separate themselves by race, and poke fun at it. None of that is okay.

I agree and I did handle it in my house. I'm not perfect and my kid isn't perfect. We messed up and apologize to anyone it offended. Thank you for your thoughts!

I'm a very white person with a differently raced spouse who spends nearly every weekend with a differently raced family. We poke fun at our racial stereotypes all the time. We have so much fun with it. The other day cp and her friends (both of different races) had leggings and uggs and vineyard vine shirts on and captioned the photo "white girls for the day" and someone else posted "where is your Starbucks?" We are bonding over our differences. It's nothing at all malicious. You probably need to relax a bit. Friends can do that. Kinda like no one can make fun of my brother except me...doesn't every family have that clause?

This. I have a friend who is Mexican and calls me her favorite crazy white girl. And I call her my token Mexican friend. (I have tons of those but she's the token lol) I have a friend who is a cop and I call him my chocolate brown bear and he calls me vanilla latte. When people stop being so uptight and embrace each other's differences, to me that's success.

Funny story from this weekend. My cousin and his husband had a party so I went with my husband. I don't get to see my cousin often because of distance and I have no extra time. So his husband introduces me to someone and my cousin says something like, well, we are actually second cousins. And his husband, who is Mexican, says, what is it with you white people? If you're cousins, you're cousins. We don't do first, second, third!!!

I laughed so hard my wine almost came out my nose!

I've always kind of wondered (not to the point of like, lost sleep or anything) what the _bgc meant at the end of a few of their Instagram names....and now I have learned something today.

I've always kind of wondered (not to the point of like, lost sleep or anything) what the _bgc meant at the end of a few of their Instagram names....and now I have learned something today.
it could mean bad girls club, ive seen people use that reference as well.

@mstealtoyou I'm very sorry that this is happening to your CP. I can't believe some of the comments that are being said. Ridiculous.

On another note: I'm disgusted by the use of various team names in these blog urls. They have very big attitudes and post very inappropriate things, and it's all under the names of different gyms and teams. I knew cheerleading blogs were crazy, but the ones I just looked at have very inappropriate content not suitable for the boards and such foul language. I would go insane if I was a coach and someone was being so ignorant under my team/gym name. I know the people understand they're not really from the team, but it still really irks me. It's obviously not coaches, gym owners etc. with the blogs, but to some it could still affect the reputation of the gym.
(Sorry if i'm rambling, this really upset me.)
I'm actually quite close friends with the person behind caliblackops in real life, and quite frankly we both find you lying to her about being a California Allstars Bay Area gym rep to be a bit... strange. I didn't even put 2 and 2 together until I peeked at this thread and noticed what you wrote here and what was in her email from "Kaitlyn M. Black Ops team rep" were pretty much the exact same. I've pretty much gathered that you weren't asked to contact her by anyone, you aren't a gym rep speaking for the coaches/owners of California Allstars and you're only affiliated with the program as an athlete. I don't know why you felt the need to lie but that in itself is probably not great for your program's image and I doubt Tannaz, or whoever Natalie contacted to try to resolve the situation detailed in the email is going to be very pleased about that.

I find it a bit amusing that some of the people brushing off this whole IG/Tumblr thing are some of the people that jump on just about anybody for anything that could be slightly offensive.

Do I think it was racist/offensive/etc? Absolutely not. But if someone posted it that wasn't as well liked or respected on the board, all hell would have broken loose on here (i.e.- the thread about kids dressing up as cholas for practice.) This would be why I rarely post anymore.

I did not ever say I was an owner, coach, team mom, etc. I have repeated that multiple times. Multiple people have access to my email tumblr etc so I'm not sure if there were messages sent like that. I keep saying I am in no way an owner or anything. I am an athlete. That is all.

ETA: problem resolved

Last edited by a moderator:
Just please stop lying. It's getting you nowhere. Just admit you were wrong for doing that, apologize to Natalie, and move on.
Please talk to your friend. That was not me in those pictures! You have given out my email, first name, last name, location, etc. This is very unsafe please delete it and talk to your friend!

Please talk to your friend. That was not me in those pictures! You have given out my email, first name, last name, location, etc. This is very unsafe please delete it and talk to your friend!
I made sure none of your information was in those pictures. I've deleted it since you've been made aware that I have the screenshots that show you're obviously lying. Again. I'm done here.

Back