New Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
My kids were playing around with some new stuff... Since the release is started and made below prep level, would this be legal in level 3? I'm reading over the rules, and wanted to clarify before I go making changes. Thanks!

Wether they let go or not, you also need to pay attention to the angle of the flyer as she is caught...they can't land inverted & from the look of the video, her head is below her hips and feet. That would be illegal as a downward inversion from prep level at level 3 too. If the flyer keeps her head & chest up (look forward, not at the ground) and the bases keep her head up, you will probably fix this problem.

Wether they let go or not, you also need to pay attention to the angle of the flyer as she is caught...they can't land inverted & from the look of the video, her head is below her hips and feet. That would be illegal as a downward inversion from prep level at level 3 too. If the flyer keeps her head & chest up (look forward, not at the ground) and the bases keep her head up, you will probably fix this problem.

Thanks! We discussed this, and obviously if we keep doing it we will keep it from inverting.
So, legal in level 3? And does the backspot not having ankles and making it a true release move change anything? I read the rules and I can't find anything that jumps out to me that makes it illegal, but I want to confirm before I spend more time working with it. Andre or imrichhowboutu? Thanks in advance everyone!

If it was a true release, you would be good with the notes above about the inversion. If the base holds on, you could do that from the top.

Thanks! We discussed this, and obviously if we keep doing it we will keep it from inverting.
So, legal in level 3? And does the backspot not having ankles and making it a true release move change anything? I read the rules and I can't find anything that jumps out to me that makes it illegal, but I want to confirm before I spend more time working with it. Andre or imrichhowboutu? Thanks in advance everyone!
If it was a true release, you would be good with the notes above about the inversion. If the base holds on, you could do that from the top.

I agree with Rich.

Back