College New To College Cheer Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 24, 2010
Hi my name is Carly Miele. I am planning on tranfering after this year or the year after from a community college to a university. I have cheered on allstar level 5 for most of my life cheering on Md Marlins Tsunami since 2009-2012 and now I cheer on State Allstars small sr 5 in PA because of stunting, dance, motions, performance & etc.. but I do have a tumbling head case and have struggled getting over that. I do have a back handspring tho. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on colleges to look at or any information on any colleges that can fit my requirements. Thanks!

First I think you should figure some things out first before we start tossing options out at you.

1). How close to home to you want to stay?

2). Find schools that have your major

3). Do you want a school with a competitive or game day team ( or both)?

4). Do you prefer NCA or UCA style?

I would like to stay on the east coast! As of right now, I am undecided in my major. I would like a competitive/game day team. Either one for UCA or NCA, no preference.

A couple schools to consider in the tri-state area:
-St. Joseph's: Great academics, cool campus on the outskirts of Philly, good basketball. I believe they compete in the intermediate division at NCA. I did an athlete visit 7 years ago (yikes!) and really liked their program.
-Temple: Same as above, but they compete in the All Girl division at UCA. Pretty strong team but I think you could make it with a BHS.
-The College of NJ: All girl program that has done well the past few years at UCA.

I'll try to think of more. PM me if you have any in mind because I may be able to give you details on the program.

I am doing the team at York College of PA this year. It's low pressure, so if you have tumbling, cool, and if you don't, that's cool too. We only compete twice a year, but we cheer at all men's and women's basketball games that are home. It's a small school and tuition is incredibly low for a private college. Where the college is located is right on 83, so it's a straight shot down to Baltimore, about an hour to Elkridge.

Eta: Tuition and Fees | Admissions | York College of Pennsylvania that's just some of our tuition information. Scholarships are fairly easy to come across here!

Last edited:
Back