New To Fierce Board Have Usasf Level 1 Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 18, 2015
I am new to this board, found it looking for an answer to a couple of questions.....
1) When discussing Level 1 pyramid, what exactly is a "stag", that is a new term to me
2) We are money poor youth football and cheer organization and so my Rookies (7 to 8 y/o) are stuck with my mediocre choreography skills. I am okay on dance part and jump parts. We have decent Prep/Cradle, found good ideas for pyramids, and they can all tumble to varying degrees (ie: some can only FR, some can FR, CW, BW, RO, others FR, CW etc) I need some good ideas for working in the running tumble pass and sychned standing tumble.

Anyone out there willing to help a very overwhelmed coach????

2. A common level 1 sync standing pass is jumps to FWR. Consider doing a full team triple TT FWR, and then having another section where you showcase BWO's.

Ohhh...I think that is doable for my little team. And this would replace an alternating tumbling pass and possibly help "hide" the less skilled girls.
I still can't figure out what a stag is :(

Ohhh...I think that is doable for my little team. And this would replace an alternating tumbling pass and possibly help "hide" the less skilled girls.
I still can't figure out what a stag is :(
What do you mean by an alternating tumbling pass? The goal is usually to have at least one pass that your entire team does. Whether that's a TT FWR or an advanced pass like a BWO, it's best to get in a section where your entire team tumbles. You'll still need running tumbling as well.

Some people call a L1 hitch a stag (prep level, one base goes to extended level so the flyer has one leg bent). It's best to check the glossary of the USASF rules to determine what they mean by that. I don't happen to have it in front of me.

Alternating....group 1 from 1 corner.....next another group... Etc. I am not sure what it's called...running tumble pass? Anyway...i did figure out what stag is...i only knew of it as a hitch. I am pretty versed in level 1 stunt rules just never heard it called stags

Alternating....group 1 from 1 corner.....next another group... Etc. I am not sure what it's called...running tumble pass? Anyway...i did figure out what stag is...i only knew of it as a hitch. I am pretty versed in level 1 stunt rules just never heard it called stags

So do you think a good running pass would be 4 groups of three where group 1 and 2 do running CW to RO then they finish, after that group 3 and 4 do their RCW and RO. Then all 4 groups do synch BWO?

So do you think a good running pass would be 4 groups of three where group 1 and 2 do running CW to RO then they finish, after that group 3 and 4 do their RCW and RO. Then all 4 groups do synch BWO?

I would recommend looking at some youtube videos - specifically the summit level 1 teams for inspiration.

I would recommend looking at some youtube videos - specifically the summit level 1 teams for inspiration.
I have looked at a ton of videos, I am just having some trouble working out the counts. You see we are a rec team that has competed in our youth league against 11 other organizations. We all compete using the level 1 rules from our peewee division to our Senior division. We are in the rookie age 7 to 8. Last season we did alright but didn't place (we were 4th) based on our scores. Looking at my score sheets we scored low on tumbling. We have a different score sheet than what is used for competitive cheer teams. We have 6 skills and can score 0 to 10. Our tumbling was scored 5 or less. We didn't do any running tumble passes etc that you see in those videos (in fact most organizations didn't really do that) I believe in my girls' ability to do that higher level of difficulty and really think if I can choreograph their routine much like what I see in the videos then they stand a better chance of placing. I am pretty sure of their stunt and jump sequences as well their jump sequences and standing tumble sequences. I just am a bit unclear on running tumble sequences. Like is each group one full 8 count before next group starts or can I have group 1 start on 1-2, then group 2 start on 3-4 and "pass" each other. Does any if this make sense to anyone????

I have looked at a ton of videos, I am just having some trouble working out the counts. You see we are a rec team that has competed in our youth league against 11 other organizations. We all compete using the level 1 rules from our peewee division to our Senior division. We are in the rookie age 7 to 8. Last season we did alright but didn't place (we were 4th) based on our scores. Looking at my score sheets we scored low on tumbling. We have a different score sheet than what is used for competitive cheer teams. We have 6 skills and can score 0 to 10. Our tumbling was scored 5 or less. We didn't do any running tumble passes etc that you see in those videos (in fact most organizations didn't really do that) I believe in my girls' ability to do that higher level of difficulty and really think if I can choreograph their routine much like what I see in the videos then they stand a better chance of placing. I am pretty sure of their stunt and jump sequences as well their jump sequences and standing tumble sequences. I just am a bit unclear on running tumble sequences. Like is each group one full 8 count before next group starts or can I have group 1 start on 1-2, then group 2 start on 3-4 and "pass" each other. Does any if this make sense to anyone????
You can space it however you want, as long as your kids have time to pass center without colliding.

Okay...I am starting to be able to visualize now. I am so glad some one understands my convoluted thinking process!

Back