High School New Uca Scoresheets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im interested to see if the stunt/pyramid progressions change with the new rules. Currently a back handspring up to prep that releases is an advanced skill and a sponge level needle that goes straight up to arabesque without releasing is a super elite skill (if I'm reading it right, is an arabesque an elite body position?)... I'm interested to see if it stays that way.

Edit: I mean the way level 3 All Star teams do inversions where its a fake handstand at sponge that goes straight up to an extended body position.

By the strictest reading of the progression grid, yes, but there's a few things to remember:

1) progression grid is not a difficulty grid, and the strictest reading often does not apply.

2) UCA high school judges are pretty good at figuring out which skill is more difficult and judging accordingly.

3) unlike in all stars, Skills that "visually" resemble what's written, but aren't actually what was intended will not get scored as such.

Example:

The ruby slipper full up to stretch "visually" looks like a full up to an elite body position.

It would get judged more along the lines with a cross leg full up variation or a true full up to target/liberty.

Especially if you compete against a team doing true full ups or harder.

ETA: don't forget that your top can't hold that needle in the sponge position with her head below her waist without at least one person's hand on her upper body somewhere. She can't pass through the prep level in that position without at least two people's hands on her upper body until the point where her upper body is above her waist. There is generally an exception made here as long as she is moving upward so that safety judges only have to enforce the spirit of the rule as opposed to trying to eyeball-in-motion the precise moment when she is no longer inverted

Back