All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure if it's like this for other Open teams, but the two Open teams I have experience with we just paid $100 tuition (versus $2160) for the year, plus comp fees and uniform expenses. So in total it's about $1700 for everything to be on an Open team, and we only practice two nights a week from 7:30-9:30 so the time commitment isn't huge as long as you don't love sleep a whole lot ;)

That's a steal. You cannot touch a team here for under $3000 plus travel.Chasing a bid is going to likely mean Cheersport, NCA, and Orlando. You are talking at least another $1000-$1500 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Definitely not my experience at a high cost, big name gym with lots of open teams. Don't think any of my out of high school teammates had their parents paying.
My CP is in college paying her own way for her open team - and learning the hard way how much her parents have spent over the years :D (but it is much less than a senior team). She's struggling and really doesn't spend any money except for cheer, and she is probably going to have to spend the money she makes the first few weeks of summer to pay the balance of her bill.

Where do kids get that kind of money? I don't know of a high school or college kid in our area that can commit 2 nights a week to cheer practice, go to school full time, and make enough money working outside that at minimum wage or near minimum wage to pay all their other expenses plus a $250-300 a month bill, plus uniform, travel, ect. Were are they coming up with $3000 plus for the season on their own?
Open teams do half the comps and usually don't pay monthly tuition.

Open teams do half the comps and usually don't pay monthly tuition.
Not at gyms in our area. Maybe its a regional thing? They aren't huge here, but like @luv2cheer92 's team the ones that exist pay full monthly tuition, comp fees, and travel just like everyone else. They tend to start practicing when the college kids get to town in late august, and go to all the worlds bid comps that standard level 5 teams are doing. They don't do any of the small locals, but Cheersport, NCA, UCA, ect.

Not always true, my team did just as many comps and definitely paid tuition. Same for all the other open teams at my gym.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Then we r lucky comp wise as when my daughter was of age we did so many comps, now they only did 5 (other teams 9/10) plus Worlds this year.

C-YZF9hXcAAgWTv.jpg

Welp just did my Varsity design call for our new program uni, it was a rather smooth and easy process. I also learned that after the design call the uniform gets sent through a feasibility screening, so that means there are several eyes that see some of these train wrecks and they are a group of individuals who say these uniforms are actually safe to wear :eek:.

Welp just did my Varsity design call for our new program uni, it was a rather smooth and easy process. I also learned that after the design call the uniform gets sent through a feasibility screening, so that means there are several eyes that see some of these train wrecks and they are a group of individuals who say these uniforms are actually safe to wear :eek:.
yep, it's pretty wild what people will still request and pay for

Back