All-Star New Usasf Warmup Room Requirements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ashley

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Jan 20, 2010
Did anyone see this? CheerUpdates posted this last week.

CL1bvtPWgAA1PB2.jpg

I'm glad this rule has finally been put in place. I know there is some concern about international teams, but it's a necessary rule.

I wonder if it will be enforced. Many EPs have been pretty lax about who they let into the warmup room in the past and I'm nto sure how much will change now.

So then as coaches do we need to pass a background check annually? If I remember correctly a green light on the background check was a prerequisite to becoming a career/professional member in the first place. And my professional membership for instance, doesn't expire until 2017. And all that does is walk you through how to have the background check done. So I suppose I should just assume everything's good. Lol

Also at worlds they were all over people credentials and Identification. One of our kids forgot her ID at home and thank god they have a system in place for that very situation so I think it will be enforced pretty well actually. Especially if it's at any large event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then as coaches do we need to pass a background check annually? If I remember correctly a green light on the background check was a prerequisite to becoming a career/professional member in the first place. And my professional membership for instance, doesn't expire until 2017. And all that does is walk you through how to have the background check done. So I suppose I should just assume everything's good. Lol

Also at worlds they were all over people credentials and Identification. One of our kids forgot her ID at home and thank god they have a system in place for that very situation so I think it will be enforced pretty well actually. Especially if it's at any large event.

Pretty sure that you're right! When I did mine last year I remember the background check being required.

You're right. They were very good about it at Worlds, but at the two bid events I went to last year, I could have walked into warm ups with any team in my gym (probably any team I knew the coach on really).

You're right. They were very good about it at Worlds, but at the two bid events I went to last year, I could have walked into warm ups with any team in my gym (probably any team I knew the coach on really).
was it a rule prior to Worlds though? I remember seeing something about Worlds enforcing who could be in warmups but I don't remember seeing anything prior to that.

was it a rule prior to Worlds though? I remember seeing something about Worlds enforcing who could be in warmups but I don't remember seeing anything prior to that.

I think there were some rules in place about only registered athletes being allowed in the warmup room, but I'm not sure. Worlds has been strict in prior years about who is allowed in the warmup rooms (we had some people put on uniforms and pretend to be alternates to go with the team they had helped all year), but this is the first year they made athletes line up and checked ids.

The warmup room at Athletic Providence is manned by college kids I'm pretty sure. The lineup process at worlds was an ordeal and required multiple USASF staff to do. I just don't see it happening at most comps. But I could be proven wrong.

Your background check through NCSI is good for 2 years.

Okay, thank you! So then I'm probably about due for one this season then.

If you log into your account on usasf, it will show you when your membership/credentials expire

I think these rules are a good step in trying to help. But I am concerned about having the specific coach of the team go in. A lot of times, especially at big comps, we will have one team performing while one needs to go to warm ups. For example my coach last year was also the coach of our mini team, so when they were performing they needed him. Another coach from our gym just took us through warm ups until he could get back. So will all coaches not be allowed to since they're not listed on the roster of that team?

If you log into your account on usasf, it will show you when your membership/credentials expire
Then I'm fine until my membership expires 2017. I just wasn't sure if we needed background checks annually because I just feel like that would make sense. Ha. It would be annoying but it would make sense.

Back