All-Star New Varsity Rules For L3-l5...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have attached the age grid from USASF for this year. Restricted 5 and 4.2 aren't split coed and all girl.

As for the small boys...can't a larger one toss him up? There are some pretty talented male flyers....

Attachments

• USASF-Age-Grid-12-13-Rev-6-27-12.pdf
    40.3 KB · Views: 167
They're going to add a 50lb 10 yr old that more than likely doesn't have to skill set to be on the team and tell her and the small boy to figure something out.

Just sent a dad a text of a 10 year old flyer and said, Well, looks like they are going to need her on one of the coed teams next year for sure. Great flyer and will be 11 by season but we had a bunch of boys new to gym last night, they are going to need an easy flyer. (might. TBH, I don't know their history.) Maybe they just moved here from some fantastic coed team somewhere, but this was level 3 tryouts.

Why no 4.2 or restricted 5?
Senior Restricted 5 and Senior 4.2 are both divisions for 0-4 males--meaning the division is comprised of teams that are both coed and all girl. It's too inconsistent to expect unassisted stunting from some of the teams in the division, but not others.

At some events, event producers may split 4.2 or Restricted 5 into All Girl and Coed, but it doesn't make sense to expect inconsistently apply the unassisted stunting rubric to the coed teams inconsistently. So, it made the most sense to not require it at all with these divisions.

I also wonder if is will nip the new trend of male flyers in the bud. And where to the smaller boys go now? If they can't lift a flyer unassisted what do you do with them in a routine?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It's only one section of the routine, you're still going to do an assisted section with your tic tocs, double ups, etc.

They'll tumble across the front during the coed section, college managed just fine for years with "stunters" and "tumblers."

I know very little about scoring: how will a large coed team with just one boy do with this requirement/scoring??

I know very little about scoring: how will a large coed team with just one boy do with this requirement/scoring??
The number of coed stunts you're required to do is based on the number of males you have, not the size of the team. This way it makes it fair across the board.

The number of coed stunts you're required to do is based on the number of males you have, not the size of the team. This way it makes it fair across the board.

So does this mean that every male has to coed stunt? Lets say you have a team with a male that stunts but doesn't tumble a male that tumbles but doesn't stunt? Can the make that coed stunts do the entirety of the coed stunting?

So does this mean that every male has to coed stunt? Lets say you have a team with a male that stunts but doesn't tumble a male that tumbles but doesn't stunt? Can the make that coed stunts do the entirety of the coed stunting?

I'm guessing for the fun of it ... but I imagine you need the same number of stunts as males but a female base can actually do the "coed" stunting!

I also wonder if is will nip the new trend of male flyers in the bud. And where to the smaller boys go now? If they can't lift a flyer unassisted what do you do with them in a routine?

They'll find a beast of a girl to toss that little nugget up. Co-Ed just means one of each gender, it does not denote which gender is the base and which is the flyer. I will be interested to see how this plays out.

The number of unassisted stunts you have to feature in your routine is derived using a formula based on the number of males on the floor. That said, the unassisted stunts don't have to be based by males.
If you have 3 males = you need 2 unassisted stunts
If you have 4 males = you need 3 unassisted stunts
If you have 5 males = you need 3 unassisted stunts
If you have 6 males = you need 4 unassisted stunts

Varsity All Star
For the 13-14 season, teams competing in L3-L5 Senior Coed divisions (excluding 5 Restricted and 4.2) must demonstrate unassisted stunts AT PREP LEVEL OR ABOVE to qualify for the HIGH subrange!
More Info To Be Announced at Varsity All Star Gym Owners Conference next week!
It's summertime on the boards...let's discuss!

I love this! My CP's coed 4 put up 6 unassisted libs this year and weren't rewarded for it! I think it should be a given when competing in senior coed that you put up coed stunts to score in the high range!

The number of unassisted stunts you have to feature in your routine is derived using a formula based on the number of males on the floor. That said, the unassisted stunts don't have to be based by males.
If you have 3 males = you need 2 unassisted stunts
If you have 4 males = you need 3 unassisted stunts
If you have 5 males = you need 3 unassisted stunts
If you have 6 males = you need 4 unassisted stunts
Thanks as always! Cuz I have a girl that can squat about 400! Lol

You need to execute 50% + 1 of your males doing stunts. So if you have 2 males on the team, 50% of 2 is 1 + 1 =2 coed stunts. You don't have to execute them at the same time though.

My Senior Co-Ed 4 had 15 kids this year. 2 males. The guys did unassisted toss hands, press extension then popped off the front. Then during tumbling, one of the guys did toss hands unassisted, press to lib. So we maxed in that area.

Back