All-Star New Varsity Rules For L3-l5...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

does it haft to be unassisted the whole time or just when it hits the extension or prep?

Grrrrr... No I can't delete my previous post where I failed to post a photo.
So this would be a good example of "unassisted"?
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1368680490.374338.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Senior Restricted 5 and Senior 4.2 are both divisions for 0-4 males--meaning the division is comprised of teams that are both coed and all girl. It's too inconsistent to expect unassisted stunting from some of the teams in the division, but not others.

At some events, event producers may split 4.2 or Restricted 5 into All Girl and Coed, but it doesn't make sense to expect inconsistently apply the unassisted stunting rubric to the coed teams inconsistently. So, it made the most sense to not require it at all with these divisions.

I like that the coed teams are required to have single based stunting. Does it have to be your boys doing it? We have girls that do the unassisted stunting. Also, I feel that if an all girl team executes the single based stunting that they should get proper credit for it as it is more difficult. Does the Varsity score sheet reward female athletes for doing this?

I like that the coed teams are required to have single based stunting. Does it have to be your boys doing it? We have girls that do the unassisted stunting. Also, I feel that if an all girl team executes the single based stunting that they should get proper credit for it as it is more difficult. Does the Varsity score sheet reward female athletes for doing this?

He said girls can fulfill the requirement. How many you have to do is based on the number of boys, but girls can fulfill the requirement.

He said girls can fulfill the requirement. How many you have to do is based on the number of boys, but girls can fulfill the requirement.

Still wondering if all girl teams get credit for it on the varsity score sheet.

Yes, but it doesn't have to go to one hand. I also think the spotter can have hands on the wrist of base so long as they don't touch flyers foot. I could be wrong though!
That photo was actually the first time he did the one hand with her. They did two hands at comp last season but they have been practicing and should be able to do much more this coming season. I would love to have them get good enough to do individuals. I wonder what the limits are for what they can and can't do in partner stunts for comps?? This whole coed thing is new to us but my son is loving lifting the girls. He brags to the other boys about it @ football practice. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Still wondering if all girl teams get credit for it on the varsity score sheet.

Can a judge reward an all-girl team that has unassisted stunts? Absolutely...

Is it a requirement for All-Girl in order to get in the highest point range? No.

Does it guarantee that you will get points that other teams that don't have unassisted stunts aren't eligible for? No.

So, it is taken into account when generating a stunting score, but not neccessarily the driving force.

When you say "to score in the high range" what part of the score sheet do you refer to? This is what confuses me. I get the requirement and what has to be done and by whom, my questions is if it's NOT done, what part of the score sheet will not score in highest range? Like the WHOLE thing, or is there a specific section which cannot be scored high range?

Ashley

Back