All-Star Nfinity And Usasf No Longer Sponsor Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sAying they do, but in reading the posts of this thread some seem to believe they can.

I would love it if someone would surpass Worlds and make an event that works for the spectators. I gave up on Worlds last year. Not sure where these invitational events will lead, but will sit on the sidelines and watch and hope their plan works and will quickly "cool kid" image that I find offsetting at present.

I don't understand why so many have a problem with Worlds giving out so many bids. If your team gets an at large, you can go or not go. No one is forcing spectators to watch preliminaries or even semi finals. You can go to watch the top 10. Those are usually the top teams anyway with maybe a surprise or two. Yes it's too crowded, but that's venue probs.

Most kids will never be competing top 10. But they get to compete at Worlds. It's such a thrill for them. They get to walk on the same mat that World Champion teams walk on. They get to see these teams and dream "one day" and "what if".

College basketball has March Madness with 64 teams. Half those teams have no business in the finals. But every year, there seems to be a Cinderella team that makes it farther than anyone expected.

Have your "invitationals" where the powers be have their own comps with the rest of the click. Diversity is a good thing. But I myself like looking for Cinderella. It IS all about the kids, right?

"As a Rule a Man's a Fool
When it's Hot he wants it Cool
When it's Cool he want it Hot
Always wants it what its not."

IMO we will never be pleased and happy because everyone really wants something different in a Worlds Championship. Some want it open to all, some only the top 10 with a realistic chance of winning. Some truly want an invitational but they don't like calling it that because it sounds "elitist" to them, yet they openly admit they don't want At Large teams to compete at the current Worlds. Some want to stay in Disney, others want to go to different locations. Some want to go for experience to build their program and others say that is a complete waste of time and money.

Just let them all battle it out just like you want them to do in Large Senior and let the best events survive. It is called capitalism and competition. Can't wait to see how it all turns out...especially since some of us have been predicting this day would eventually come.

I kinda laugh when I see someone call "worlds" and Olympic style event. Uhhh if your not in an international division its just a one day national! The "best of the best" already do compete at one event... NCA! all of the top teams at worlds already competed a month earlier there!

If you think about it, Worlds is kind of an Olympic style event.. There's prelims, semis and finals. And each day your scores or times for different events are wiped clean. There have been plenty of people who have come in second or third in semis in an Olympic event, or lost to someone earlier in the season, that have ended up winning, that doesn't make them any less of an Olympic champion. Or in this case a World champion.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back