Nfinity Next Generation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow! I was watching Youtube while stuck in the house because of the blizzard, and I noticed that many of the young tumblers started posting their Generation Next 2017 submissions...

I got to say, I was truly impressed with these tumblers and the skills they have at such a young age... I really think that these talented tumblers are getting younger each year, I saw more 7/8 yr olds with double fulls and standing fulls, Wow!

Got me to wonder why the Y5 division is disappearing?

Last edited:
As to Y5 disappearing:

Are a lot of the kids who'd normally be Y5 until they aged off of youth getting pulled up onto J5/JR5/SR5 and to a lesser extent S4/J4?

Umeducated opinion on why you may not see as many:

*They are few and far between and economically, people can't afford to drive Suzy 6 hours round trip to CEA/WC/etc.

*Some people are okay for L5 at age 8 Suzy to be on Youth 3 at the gym down the street because they are not about to move.

*Some people are okay with Level 5 Third Grader being on Youth 3 because they don't want the pressure.

*Some kids are Level 5 at some stuff but Level 2 at others and may not be the best fit? Suzy may stunt Level 5 but still tumble at like, a 3. So she stays on 3.

*A lot of the Y5 parents on the board say that they appreciate that their kid is L5 but still cheering with LITTLE KIDS they can relate to. But I'm sure there are also still people out there who do not care that their Level 5 young one is on a J5 or S5R with older kids.

As to Y5 disappearing:

Are a lot of the kids who'd normally be Y5 until they aged off of youth getting pulled up onto J5/JR5/SR5 and to a lesser extent S4/J4?
Because these wonder kids are spread out over gyms all across the country. These kids are the exception not the rule. Most gyms are lucky enough to have one or maybe two kids like that much less 15-20 to make a team.

Because these wonder kids are spread out over gyms all across the country. These kids are the exception not the rule. Most gyms are lucky enough to have one or maybe two kids like that much less 15-20 to make a team.

Yes.

I try to remind parents when I do privates that these are the 1%.

Your 8 year old is not going to have a full like that Cheer Perfection lady's little girls have.

That's okay.

Yep, and sometimes you end up with too many flyers. Only 1 in 4 are needed to fly.
I have to admit, this was the case on my daughter's team... Many of these youngsters ended up as frontspots or had gazillion tumbling passes while the team were doing stunts and pyramids... Furthermore, many of these youngsters spend enormous amount of hours tumbling during open gyms and taking a lot of privates... Now,I saw a lot of parents, who wanted their child to have advanced tumbling at younger and younger ages...Tbh, I watched it and decided my daughter needed a life outside of the gym!

But I admire how dedicated these youngsters are to being the best tumblers...Wow!

Y5 teams are awesome to watch. To see the Lil ones performing such hard skills. But there are only 3 Y5 in the country and no parent wants to spend that type of money to never really compete against anyone. It would have been awesome if NCA would've let them battle it out without worrying about crossovers seeing that it would only be Cheer Xtreme Butterflies, ECE Lady Bugs and WC Twinkles. I hope they all have a great rest of the season.

I could only imagine how hard it might be to find enough athletes that have the skills required and the age eligibility to create a dynamic Y5. It seems much easier to maybe place higher skilled athletes of that age group on Junior level teams. So much young talent out there from all over!

Back