All-Star Nfinity To Varsity Shoes-would Your Cp Do It?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mama2twinsplus1

Cheer Parent
Apr 8, 2016
My CP has always cheered with Nfinity shoes. We were curious, has anyone switched from years of cheering in Nfinitys to Varsity shoes? The girls love the lightness and flexibility of an Nfinity but they never make it through a season. Has anyone's CP made the switch and loved it? Should I not risk it and stick to what she's used to? TIA!

We switched from three years of Varsity (because our old gym required we have the same shoes), to Nfinitys and my daughter loves and prefers the because they are lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 2 years of Varsity then 2 years of Infinity. Cp preferred the Varsity ones. There are different styles in each so you can find lightweight Varsity shoes too. This year we are back to Varsity because we are getting custom gym ones.

My CP has always cheered with Nfinity shoes. We were curious, has anyone switched from years of cheering in Nfinitys to Varsity shoes? The girls love the lightness and flexibility of an Nfinity but they never make it through a season. Has anyone's CP made the switch and loved it? Should I not risk it and stick to what she's used to? TIA!
Check out the Ascend, I would say it is Varsity's most comparable shoe. Very durable too.

Lots of athletes love the V-Force too, very comfortable but isn't as sleek as some other cheer shoes

My CP has always worn Nfinity. This season her comp uniform includes custom Varisity shoes. I am hoping that she likes them.They look really cool! I will let you guys know when they arrive and she finally gets to try them.

I don't think that we would have made the switch between brands on our own. Gym shoes cost too much to risk her not liking them, especially since we know a style that works for her :)

Check out the Ascend, I would say it is Varsity's most comparable shoe. Very durable too.

Lots of athletes love the V-Force too, very comfortable but isn't as sleek as some other cheer shoes
Thanks for those specific recommendations. Very useful!

My CP has always worn Nfinity. This season her comp uniform includes custom Varisity shoes. I am hoping that she likes them.They look really cool! I will let you guys know when they arrive and she finally gets to try them.

I don't think that we would have made the switch between brands on our own. Gym shoes cost too much to risk her not liking them, especially since we know a style that works for her :)
That's what I'm worried about too!they do cost way too much for them not to like them. How do you get fitted for them? When you can't walk in and try them on? Seems risky?!

That's what I'm worried about too!they do cost way too much for them not to like them. How do you get fitted for them? When you can't walk in and try them on? Seems risky?!

Some shoe companies set up tumble traks at bigger comps and let kids try on their shoes and tumble in them. Maybe you will be a comp where they are.

If they are bringing a rep in for uniform sizing, they usually bring a bunch of the current shoes to try on and wear etc.

CP loves her Nfinities and was rather cranky when told she had to switch, she basically complained the entire time she was trying on different sizes about how she hated the new shoe, it was not her finest moment:rolleyes:. However she is now complaining that her current shoes are too small, so I bet she'll be very happy to start wearing the new ones when they come in:D

Reactions: MEH
Take an Nfinity vengeance to a doctor and they will tell you that your kid is pretty much cheering in socks. Gym has Nfinity my HS kids had Nfinity went from V Force to Varsity Edge (love) ...
We liked V Force but they are heavier than we like. I had 10/43 kids complain of shin splints and knee pain wearing the vengeance in a season... after switching to v Force for a season- zero (one kid even stopped using her patellar strap she's used for years)... now with the edge, still no complaints.

Reactions: MEH
Some shoe companies set up tumble traks at bigger comps and let kids try on their shoes and tumble in them. Maybe you will be a comp where they are.
That's a great idea! They are in need of shoes right now though. But in the future, I will definitely do that to get a better idea of what the girls like. I wish I would have thought to do that at Summit if they had!

Take an Nfinity vengeance to a doctor and they will tell you that your kid is pretty much cheering in socks. Gym has Nfinity my HS kids had Nfinity went from V Force to Varsity Edge (love) ...
We liked V Force but they are heavier than we like. I had 10/43 kids complain of shin splints and knee pain wearing the vengeance in a season... after switching to v Force for a season- zero (one kid even stopped using her patellar strap she's used for years)... now with the edge, still no complaints.
Interesting...My daughter has osgood schlatters disease, has only had issues one time, at the beg of last year when they were really drilling on punch front step outs. You bring up a good point about how the Nfinitiy shoes are like cheering in socks...I think that's what makes the transition to a sturdier shoe more difficult.

CP loves her Nfinities and was rather cranky when told she had to switch, she basically complained the entire time she was trying on different sizes about how she hated the new shoe, it was not her finest moment:rolleyes:. However she is now complaining that her current shoes are too small, so I bet she'll be very happy to start wearing the new ones when they come in:D

lol! Same thing here. I refuse to order another practice pair, until she tries the varsity ones for a few weeks. Hopefully she will love them and I will order practice ones in the same style. I'd like her p

hmmmm....My CP complains of that too. Never thought about the shoes playing into the pain and she wears the Vengence.

Back