All-Star Nfinity To Varsity Shoes-would Your Cp Do It?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interesting...My daughter has osgood schlatters disease, has only had issues one time, at the beg of last year when they were really drilling on punch front step outs. You bring up a good point about how the Nfinitiy shoes are like cheering in socks...I think that's what makes the transition to a sturdier shoe more difficult.

My daughter dealt with Osgood Schlatters when she was growing a bunch and working those same skills. She has flatter feet than my other kids, so I always made her use arch supports when she would tumble in her Nfinities or wear shoes like converse. If our feet are weak, everything else will be, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MEH
My daughter dealt with Osgood Schlatters when she was growing a bunch and working those same skills. She has flatter feet than my other kids, so I always made her use arch supports when she would tumble in her Nfinities or wear shoes like converse. If our feet are weak, everything else will be, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She doesn't have flat foot but reading your comments and others, it makes me wonder which shoe does provide the most support with the least amount of bulk. It's hard to get the most of both.

My CP has always worn Nfinity. This season her comp uniform includes custom Varisity shoes. I am hoping that she likes them.They look really cool! I will let you guys know when they arrive and she finally gets to try them.

I don't think that we would have made the switch between brands on our own. Gym shoes cost too much to risk her not liking them, especially since we know a style that works for her :)

We had those last season. They held up really well.

Our previous gym had always used Nfinitys. One year they tried switching to a specific Varsity shoe, however our flyers kept coming out of them (it really was an issue). We switched back to Nfinitys part way through the season. Then this past year we had the V Force w/our gym name on them. They were actually a really good shoe. I think my CP prefers the Nfinitys though. I actually have a brand new pair of V Forces I'm trying to get rid of b/c our new gym require NFinitys.

Love the idea of a shoe being more supportive. My kid has vengeance right now but they were free. Matter of fact somehow thru contests or other reasons her last three pair of vengeance were free. I am wishing I could stumble across a supportive pair of Varsity shoes free lol

Any cheer shoe out there needs a good sports orthotic to hold the foot in neutral and provide a little extra cushioning for tumbling. We have always pulled out the insole regardless of the brand and used one.

Last edited:
My older CP went from Nfinity's to Varsity's and now wont switch back. She likes her V-Force. She says they fit better than the Nfinity's. She's a flyer and doesnt think they're heavy. The Nfinity Vengeance is too thin and not enough support.

Our gym is requiring Varsity this year. There is supposed to be a shoe fitting later, separate from the uniform fitting. DD inherited relatively short, wide feet, so I'm hoping they fit well.

So are any of these narrow? Is Varsity narrower than Nfinity or vice versa. My girl has narrow feet.

What's the issue about tumbling in "socks" on a spring floor? Do gymnasts get problems because they don't wear shoes at all? Just curious. My CP hasn't had any problems yet in Vengeances or barefoot at a gymnastics gym, but she's still pretty small.

What's the issue about tumbling in "socks" on a spring floor? Do gymnasts get problems because they don't wear shoes at all? Just curious. My CP hasn't had any problems yet in Vengeances or barefoot at a gymnastics gym, but she's still pretty small.
In my experience, tumbling without arch support can cause a multitude of issues. I'm sure gymnasts are fine barefooted, but they also do a LOT more strength conditioning than cheerleaders and also typically have better technique. JMO.

This was my thought too...
There is also the argument that the athletes feet will be stronger and better supported if they don't wear shoes at all (and develop the ankle/foots surrounding muscles to support itself) - which is the idea behind barefoot running.
I know that personally - transitioning from barefoot to shoes was difficult due to the added weight. But once accustomed to shoes, I felt 'weak' going back to bare feet - almost like i relied on my shoes for my ankle joint stability.

This was my thought too...
There is also the argument that the athletes feet will be stronger and better supported if they don't wear shoes at all (and develop the ankle/foots surrounding muscles to support itself) - which is the idea behind barefoot running.
I know that personally - transitioning from barefoot to shoes was difficult due to the added weight. But once accustomed to shoes, I felt 'weak' going back to bare feet - almost like i relied on my shoes for my ankle joint stability.
That is assuming that when barefoot the athletes' feet are naturally in neutral. Many are not, and if they for example pronate, then this would probably do more damage to their feet, ankles, knees and hips long term.

Back